Drop Rates in general

The drops rates leave me, and friends who play, very disappointed and disheartened on a daily basis. I feel horrible for the people who enjoy F2P and don't buy refreshes. Feels like it must take them a month to hit a /50 piece. Losing streaks of 20 make me disgusted with the game, and the occasional 30% rate only leaves me feeling slightly less than content. I'd complain about ability mats T3 if it weren't for the 3 days of week to farm them, so at least that feels like a game design in favor of it's players.

SUGGESTION:
My biggest suggestion for this, is to offer a "Gear Workshop" feature, where you can go into a "garage" and work on disassembling your gear, and constructing other gear. Maybe breaking down 30 weaker pieces can give you the scraps to craft one of the purple /50 pieces. This could provide an interactive tool for players, not only giving them something to do, but also providing them with another option for the unwanted pieces they consistently see while gambling for the one they want.

Replies

• Options
    Yet another post that I agree with you!

The gear garage makes awesome sense! I imagine that many a player has unwanted or unneeded lower ranked gear, and without the ability to sell those items, they are now solely being stockpiled in large numbers.

This garage would add another awesome element into this game and help with character production.
  • Options
    A gear workshop would seem like a reasonable solution for the recently removed 'sell items' section.
  • Options
    This is a great idea! Hope the dev's have a read of this.
  • Options
    300 energy for 3 level 7 purple drops as average is just to wish tragedies to everybody that took part on that decisión.
  • Job
    49 posts Member
    Options
    I agree. And it looks even worse for level cap. 100+ items for one slot
  • Options
    OMG the drop rates SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK...are really bad...
    "These aren't the droids you're looking for..." "Well, maybe they are..." Ally Code: 886-331-177
  • Options
    Really like the sound of the gear workshop!
  • Options
    Great idea! +1
  • Options
    Great idea and post.
  • Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    The drops rates leave me, and friends who play, very disappointed and disheartened on a daily basis. I feel horrible for the people who enjoy F2P and don't buy refreshes. Feels like it must take them a month to hit a /50 piece. Losing streaks of 20 make me disgusted with the game, and the occasional 30% rate only leaves me feeling slightly less than content. I'd complain about ability mats T3 if it weren't for the 3 days of week to farm them, so at least that feels like a game design in favor of it's players.

SUGGESTION:
    My biggest suggestion for this, is to offer a "Gear Workshop" feature, where you can go into a "garage" and work on disassembling your gear, and constructing other gear. Maybe breaking down 30 weaker pieces can give you the scraps to craft one of the purple /50 pieces. This could provide an interactive tool for players, not only giving them something to do, but also providing them with another option for the unwanted pieces they consistently see while gambling for the one they want.

+1
  • Options
    /signed /ratified

The reality is, EA are cash grabbing microtransacting, greedy **** - so none of that is ever going to happen. They make money off of nitwits like you (and I) paying money for refreshes, crystals, etc. - so gating stuff behind paid things is how they nail us, and if you think they'll stop to make the game more enjoyable...well then...good luck.
  • Options
    I for one don't pay anything as long as they will keep these prices. I leave in the real world and I cannot spend the money I will buy food for a week to buy 2000 cristals that will give me the POSSIBILITY to have shards or credits. But the game is fun as long as it stays a game.
  • Job
    49 posts Member
    Options
    I agree. 300 energy not one drop. Another way to get gear would be great