Best replacement for baze/chaze?

With baze being removed the guild events store and only being level 80 it has now become literally impossible for me to improve my baze. This is bad for me because I was using chaze on my arena team and now I feel like I'm going to be stuck.

My chirrut is going to be fine because I can still get him from the fleet store, but who should I use to replace baze? I was thinking have old ben replace him and then eventually rex replace chirrut.

Btw the team I'm running right now is Wedge(L), biggs, R2, Old Ben, Chirrut.

Replies

• Options
    Just be patient. You will unlock Baze's hard node soon.
    GK is better than chaze, but i wouldnt gear up old ben to replace baze.
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Options
    CLS. GK.
  • Options
    Mobewan wrote: »

GK isn't better, he has different purpose. If you need that dispells Baze can be handy, especially against NS where GK won't help much. Baze is also a nice counter to R2 smokescreen. It all depends on what you're facing in arena.

Under GK lead Old Ben and Han Solo share a nice synergy as tanks. Under Wedge you really need this auto-taunt to save Wedge from dying and thus break your duo on the first round.
  • Options

GK isn't better, he has different purpose. If you need that dispells Baze can be handy, especially against NS where GK won't help much. Baze is also a nice counter to R2 smokescreen. It all depends on what you're facing in arena.

Under GK lead Old Ben and Han Solo share a nice synergy as tanks. Under Wedge you really need this auto-taunt to save Wedge from dying and thus break your duo on the first round.

GK is significantly better.
  • Options
    Drop both go with Han and r2
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Yes GK is better.
    Ask anyone on an old shard about their top 50 and you will find out that chaze are no longer used in end game. His own aoe will get himself killed against CLS.

Even mid game, those that can use GK have another slot for Thrawn or Han Solo or DN or someone else providing more utility and dps than chirut. Whether its rex lead, or wedge or whoever.

However, chaze can be better against nightsisters
    Post edited by Mobewan on
  • Options
    My chirrut seems to do fine dps wise. He regulary hits for 22k on his third move.
  • Options
    My chirrut seems to do fine dps wise. He regulary hits for 22k on his third move.

But he hit for 7-8k on the first two. You can replace him with a guy who outdoes that on each turn (Han), a guy with more utility and comparable dps (Thrawn), or any number of things.
  • Options
    Wassup wrote: »

But he hit for 7-8k on the first two. You can replace him with a guy who outdoes that on each turn (Han), a guy with more utility and comparable dps (Thrawn), or any number of things.

You're acting as if either of those are easily obtained. I have 27 Han shards and 2 2* pheonix members, so both of those are far off of the table. I needed an immediate solution to my baze problem which I am probably going to end up solving with old ben.
  • Options
    Wassup wrote: »

You're acting as if either of those are easily obtained. I have 27 Han shards and 2 2* pheonix members, so both of those are far off of the table. I needed an immediate solution to my baze problem which I am probably going to end up solving with old ben.

They must not have seen your level. Most 80s don't have gk. Han thrawn. Old Ben is probably your best option. Chirrut isn't a long term option without baze. I know your not going to want to replace him but he isn't going to be arena viable without baze.
  • SwiftMooky
    347 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Old Ben is a pretty great tank and well worth investing in. Without Baze, I would hesitate to use Chirrut on his own. I would switch him out for Leia if you have her, she synergizes well with R2. Once you get her under Smokescreen, she can go to work. Few units can eat multiple triple shots from her. Also worth gearing her cuz you need her to be decent at least to get CLS. And she'll do great under a Wedge lead.
  • Options
    That's interesting, I was planning on using rex to eventually replace Chirrut, but Leia is not a bad idea at all. I used to run Leia in that team before I replaced her with R2D2. My only fear is I'll miss the presence of a "healer" but maybe with all those crits Leia will be handing out and a Wedge lead, that will be all I need.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    If you load stormtrooper han up with beefy health and protection mods, he can be decent for lower leveled players.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    That's interesting, I was planning on using rex to eventually replace Chirrut, but Leia is not a bad idea at all. I used to run Leia in that team before I replaced her with R2D2. My only fear is I'll miss the presence of a "healer" but maybe with all those crits Leia will be handing out and a Wedge lead, that will be all I need.

With wedge lead, crit chance is your healer, youll be fine with leia..
  • Options

Yeah the Wedge lead will provide you with plenty of heals, I think. Also, if you zeta R2, all those critical hits will also cleanse your toons of debuffs. Works wonders in Arena :)
  • Options
    I was planning on zetaing number crunch though. I find zetas hars to come by for now since I use the fleet store a lot and my ships aren't quite good enough for the challenge (close though!) My second zeta will hopefully go on CLS if I am lucky enough to get him this time around!
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you are running a rebel team and looking for something easy, I feel I might as well toss out pathfinder as an idea just for 'ol time's sake. Not as good anymore after they made his offense down resistable, and you should consider all the buff immunity going around these days as well as Annihilate.

Depends on what you're facing at that level.
  • Options
    I completely forgot about him! He wouldn't be a terrible replacement, especially if Chirrut can keep the buff immunity off of him. The extra turn meter should help too!