Please listen to TB feedback about closing territories once 3 starred

Closing the territories when they hit 3 stars should be up to the guild leaders. We have battles to see who can get the sought-after 114/144. But once the territory is up to 3 stars, we cannot attempt the combat missions, so we can't hit 114. I understand the desire by folks to close off a territory to prevent wasting resources, but please let the officers either open the back up, or make closing them an option for the officers. PLEASE

Replies

• Options
    This! +1
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    +50
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    -1 if they want 114 they'll get in early
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Not everyone has the luxury of playing right at start of phase bud. And that is not a reason not to do it.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Or if nothing else, unlock all territories once maximum stars per slice has been achieved. The preferred option would be to let officers decide
  • Options
    Great solution. Be as selfish as possible so you can get 114 while other players lose interest in a mode that can't participate in.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    capsking22 wrote: »

Not everyone has the luxury of playing right at start of phase bud. And that is not a reason not to do it.

Then they don't want 114 badly enough. Leaderboard "battles" are a bad reason to change an otherwise excellent addition to the game.
  • Options
    TW is an excellent addition to the game. Switch TB back! (I wouldn't mind the 4 waves though)
  • Options

Then they don't want 114 badly enough. Leaderboard "battles" are a bad reason to change an otherwise excellent addition to the game.

This is simply not true. Some of us have jobs buddy. Apparently you have all day to sit around and play whenever you want.
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    Or if nothing else, unlock all territories once maximum stars per slice has been achieved. The preferred option would be to let officers decide

I like your first idea. If both toon territories in a phase are 3* then open them back up. Ship territories should always be open. Let people actually play. Doing missions after territories are 3* gives folks an opportunity to test different stuff out.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

This is simply not true. Some of us have jobs buddy. Apparently you have all day to sit around and play whenever you want.

I made no assumptions about anyone's working status. I have a job, and if I want my 12 waves in p1, I get in early. Currently that falls on my lunch break, so it's no big deal. If not, I have no problems taking a bathroom or a "smoke" break for the 3 minutes it'll take to do those battles.

My ultimate point, is that this change is amazing, and should not be changed for the .1% that care so much about 114 combats but can't be on at phase start in the first two days.
  • Options
    There is almost no reason to stop combat once a territory is 3 star. I can understand preventing deployment though.

I'd want deployment turned off but combat Battles still allowed.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    There is almost no reason to stop combat once a territory is 3 star. I can understand preventing deployment though.

I disagree that there's "almost" no reason. For a single combat mission you are looking at potentially (though not likely) 5M territory points if all 50 members do it after the territory is 3*.
  • Options

I disagree that there's no reason. For a single combat mission you are looking at potentially (though not likely) 5M territory points if all 50 members do it after the territory is 3*.

Read what I typed again. I said "almost no reason."
  • Options
    @StarSon I know that some players can still battle and waste a squad deployment and a combat. This could be an issue. But that doesn't mean they have to cut off the Territory completely.
  • Options
    Just tell your guild to not deploy in the first couple territories. Only combat and platoons. That should slow things down plenty? My guilds small and chill enough to not have any issues with the 3* lock.
  • Options

I made no assumptions about anyone's working status. I have a job, and if I want my 12 waves in p1, I get in early. Currently that falls on my lunch break, so it's no big deal. If not, I have no problems taking a bathroom or a "smoke" break for the 3 minutes it'll take to do those battles.

My ultimate point, is that this change is amazing, and should not be changed for the .1% that care so much about 114 combats but can't be on at phase start in the first two days.

The .1% you say? So we have about 10 people commenting on this thread, and you are the only one lobbying for this change to stay as-is. Small sample size, but we have 90% here, as opposed to your quoted .1%. It's the other way around, my friend.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Yes! Right here^^^^^

Reopen them once they’re 3 starred or back to the way it was, would be my vote. I’m in a large guild and if I’m a tiny bit late, I can’t play anything except one special mission.

For many of us, TB went from the coolest part of the game to the worst, with one change.

• Options
    "please listen..."

I found that really funny, there is zero chance they're going to fix anything unless there is a way to get more money for it.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    On the other hand, less battles means less potential for bugs such as being not able to attack or app crashes.
  • Options
    I don't want more boring micro management. TBs should get a redesign towards simplicity so no one has to spend his time commanding and open/lock territories all the time.

What part of TB is fun?
    Is it to platoon a character? Not for me.
    To deploy leftover units? Not so much.
    Keeping track of every guild member's move and changing commands? Meh.
    To chose my squad and do the battles? Well, that is the most fun. Not much, but the most.
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • Options
    +1 Combat is the reason we play. Closing a territory at 3* should be officer choice, not arbitrary. At worst, take the lock away entirely and let us use commands to close deployment. Really, the lock at 3* is redundant anyway.