Darth Vader Rework Thoughts

I have been thinking on how to improve Darth Vader for a while now. He should be one of the best characters in the game and instead he's just 'okay'. Even with his zeta upgrade he's not top tier. I was playing around with the idea of having Damage Over Time being more integral to his kit and came up with the idea of giving him bonus damage and speed for every DOT. I had thought thid eould be cool, but probably too strong. Then, Wampa came out and he has a similar stat scaling with DOT. So I figured now was a good time to share my ideas. So here is the update i came up with for his kit.

Darth Vader
Attacker
EMPIRE

BASIC - Terrifying Swing - 0
Deal physical damage to target enemy. 80% chance to inflict ability block. Deals 20% more damage for each REBEL enemy , each JEDI enemy, and each enemy suffering DAMAGE OVER TIME.
OMEGA
+20% chance for status, Jedi and Rebel targets cannot evade or resist this attack.

SPECIAL 1 - Force Crush - 5
Deal PHYSICAL damage to all enemies and inflict 3 DAMAGE OVER TIME effects for 3 turns.
OMEGA
Inflict SPEED DOWN for 2 turns.

SPECIAL 2 - Culling Blade - 5
Deal physical damage to target enemy and CLEANSE them of all BUFFS. This attack deals 50% more damage for each effect dispelled.
ZETA
This attack canot be evaded and ignores the Target's Protection. Gain 100% turnmeter on a finishing blow. Reduce all of your cooldowns by 1 for each DAMAGE OVER TIME effect the enemy had.

LEADER - Inspiring Through Fear
Empire and Sith gain 30% OFFENSE and have a 25% chance to remove 10% TURNMETER (cannot be resisted).
ZETA
+25% TURN METER REDUCTION CHANCE and +10% TURN METER REDUCTION. Additionally, DAMAGE OVER TIME effects are refreshed whenever they would otherwise expire.

UNIQUE - Power of the Dark Side
Darth Vader gains +6 SPEED for every DAMAGE OVER TIME effect present on enemy heroes.
ZETA
Additionally, Darth Vader recovers PROTECTION equal to the damage dealt to enemies by DAMAGE OVER TIME effects.

Replies