Is it really justified to make the veterans a part of the Rey event?

Prev1
Tamonizer
325 posts Member
edited December 2017
IMO, it's not. Do you guys think it's a reasonable requirement?

Edit: Im asking about the timing of it all. They released the lackluster veteran versions with poor synergies. They proceeded to start TB and DS TB to dilute free to play farming methods. Then tell us a few days before that hey you need them both at 7*. Who would spend on these toons right? Well there are people out there.

This is a rhetorical question. This may be ok for P2W peeps, but the community in the entirety suffers because of these mechanics and because some incentivizes EA. What a great star wars-holiday gift from EA. Haha
Post edited by Tamonizer on

Replies

• Options
    Yes i do acctually, what other toon do you think fits better?
  • Options
    yep of course it is but whats not justified is to put them both into the same farming location when so many other places could have been chosen... arena store / gw store which anyone playing from the start have nothing left to farm from them both.
  • Options
    They made a free game. They can do anything legal here and technically it ll still be "justified" because its their game not yours
  • Options
    The part that bugs me is that vet han is dead and is probably not even in the new movie.
  • Options
    Who cares. She's not worth spending the insane amount of money to get anyways. Really no character is. I mean you could spend 400$ to get 1 character. And for what? To get a few ranks higher in arena, which she may not even be that good for? Pretty ridiculous actually.
  • Options
    The part that bugs me is that vet han is dead and is probably not even in the new movie.

The journey isn’t about the new movie....it’s the journey through TFA. Just like Luke’s journey where Old Ben died....
  • Options
    It is a plan which started when they did the two toons. Rey is locked behind a paywall for now. The game is turning into one of those crappy games with 300 total players and an absolute pay to play. I'm seeing players dropping the game like flies and all for the same reason: the game became frustrating and I'm tired of playing it. The amount of effort needed grows, the rewards drop.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Shes mot worth the effort nore meta changing

Yes vets are a perfect choice but reminds me of the whole thrawn thing first time round.. although atleast that wasnt a 7* unlock
  • Options
    Money money money
  • Options
    Who cares. She's not worth spending the insane amount of money to get anyways. Really no character is. I mean you could spend 400$ to get 1 character. And for what? To get a few ranks higher in arena, which she may not even be that good for? Pretty ridiculous actually.

Who's spending $400? I spent $100 total and I've used maybe $40 of that so far and I'm almost done. It may end up costing me $50 to get the vets ready. The other 3 should've been done long ago
  • Options
    Tamonizer wrote: »

Lemme guess. You don't have them.

Nor do I. Annoying but I am FTP, I can accept this game prioritises people who pay. Welcome to the real world.
  • Options

I think it is fair, keeps in with the movie. Just a pain to farm. FO and then 2 characters in the same area, as aforementioned. Maybe later. I won't pay. How silly would I feel when the game goes under, which it eventually will, that I spent more than 24 bucks on nothing tangible.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Are you asking if it's reasonable from a story perspective or a farming perspective?
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

Are you asking if it's reasonable from a story perspective or a farming perspective?

We all know from a farming aspect its a no answer.
  • Options

Who's spending $400? I spent $100 total and I've used maybe $40 of that so far and I'm almost done. It may end up costing me $50 to get the vets ready. The other 3 should've been done long ago

Yeah, I don’t understand this either. I shouldn’t need more than the $30 pack. That’s spending to speed up the farm of 2 characters which will get me a full 7* additional character. I’m essentially gettting 430 shards for $30. I’m not saying everyone should do that, but people are acting like it’s a ridiculously priced character. It’s not.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

As much as I promote the **** of calling this event f2p due to the impossible requirements within an inpossible deadline - yes. VS Han Chewie were part of Rey's journey as much as R2 and Old Ben were a part of Luke's - do you watch the movies at all.

I made this prediction when VS were released in their little marquee events ages ago - because I knew to farm them for December, could I farm them in time f2p - NO. Do I like the fact they were made "farmable" only a couple of weeks before the event so EA can call the Rey event f2p - NO

Are they a justified requirement for the event - YES.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »

As much as I promote the **** of calling this event f2p due to the impossible requirements within an inpossible deadline - yes. VS Han Chewie were part of Rey's journey as much as R2 and Old Ben were a part of Luke's - do you watch the movies at all.

I made this prediction when VS were released in their little marquee events ages ago - because I knew to farm them for December, could I farm them in time f2p - NO. Do I like the fact they were made "farmable" only a couple of weeks before the event so EA can call the Rey event f2p - NO

Boo, where are you at for farming? I could only unlock the basketball, no aditional stars. I didn't even bother farming the retirement duo. A guildmate did 3-4 refreshes a day and bought the duo when they came out and even he isn't fully prepared at the moment.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I guess I'm not technically f2p as I bought two of those 21 day crystal boosters before they were removed. So I've spent $21.98 total on the game. With that said, I only got FO to 5* the first time so only managed to unlock BB8, but I finished farming FO long ago and am now ready for 7* BB*. Thanks to today's double drops I've got Chew to 6* and getting started on Han towards 6*. 5k in crystals left.

So I may need to spend a little more, but I think I can make it, and without spending hundreds of dollars.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Boo, where are you at for farming? I could only unlock the basketball, no aditional stars. I didn't even bother farming the retirement duo. A guildmate did 3-4 refreshes a day and bought the duo when they came out and even he isn't fully prepared at the moment.

For me - Rey (Scavenger), Finn & BB8 - no problem.

My issue lies in VS - been buying them when I could with what crystals I earn f2p as often as possible, as well as using all anniversary double drops on them and exhausted my refreshes in double drops today on them.

Currently:

* VS HAN - 8/85 (so I'm at 5*)
    * VS Chewie - 13/85 (so I am at 5*)

This morning Chewie was at 2/85 and Han was at 0/85. So I am not earning very much and the last day of these double drops are tomorrow.

I have not paid for any packs at all - f2p here...True f2p, lol
  • Options

My issue lies in VS - been buying them when I could with what crystals I earn f2p as often as possible, as well as using all anniversary double drops on them and exhausted my refreshes in double drops today on them.

Currently:

This morning Chewie was at 2/85 and Han was at 0/85. So I am not earning very much and the last day of these double drops are tomorrow.

I dropped 10 bucks on CLS just to finish old ben. Unlocked CLS the day before it ended. Not again. Is the drop rate that awful for the vets? Cantina farm calc says 78 days each to go from 15/30 to 7*. Basically a solid year of farming.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Yup drop rate is awful.

Look how many shards each I gained today - and that's with double drops! lol
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I think that calculator is nuts - its based on the probable RNGs of getting x amount of shards within a certain time - too many unknown variables in my opinion. You may as well use a calculator determining the day you will win the lottery if you buy x amount of tickets each day.

Its crazy.
  • Options

Currently:

I dropped 10 bucks on CLS just to finish old ben. Unlocked CLS the day before it ended. Not again. Is the drop rate that awful for the vets? Cantina farm calc says 78 days each to go from 15/30 to 7*. Basically a solid year of farming.

78+78=/=365. Either spend some crystals on refresh or wait till next time
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Currently:

78+78=/=365. Either spend some crystals on refresh or wait till next time

Personally I am gonna use these double drops to get as many of their shards as possible - less work down the road.

I'm just gonna wait for next time - especially as her kit is not overly impressive. I have bigger fish to fry in this game.

I didn't get Yoda, EP or Thrawn first time either, It wasn't game breaking for me, and I have them now.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Is the drop rate that awful for the vets? Cantina farm calc says 78 days each to go from 15/30 to 7*. Basically a solid year of farming.

I ran 29/89 (32%) on Chew today.

Keep in mind that calc doesn't account for double drops, and also (if it's the one I'm thinking of) assumes 25% drop rate, which is a bit conservative. 33% is right in line with what larger sample sizes have shown.
  • Options
    78+78=/=365. Either spend some crystals on refresh or wait till next time[/quote]

I know the math, just gave a guesstimate on the length of grind. I was merely stating im so far behind, im not bothering.
    TVF wrote: »
    Is the drop rate that awful for the vets? Cantina farm calc says 78 days each to go from 15/30 to 7*. Basically a solid year of farming.

I ran 29/89 (32%) on Chew today.

Keep in mind that calc doesn't account for double drops, and also (if it's the one I'm thinking of) assumes 25% drop rate, which is a bit conservative. 33% is right in line with what larger sample sizes have shown.

I was basing my estimates on the crouching rancor calculator. I have used it for several farms and it has been decently accurate, imho, as far as being a guild line for how long characters will take. I've took it as gospel truth.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Chucko_marek

Well lets hope Rey (Jedi Training) makes her second appearance in a little over a year from now - so if tegh calc is correct, you'll be good to go.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I was basing my estimates on the crouching rancor calculator. I have used it for several farms and it has been decently accurate, imho, as far as being a guild line for how long characters will take. I've took it as gospel truth.

Ah ok, I was thinking of this one when I quoted 25%.

http://www.swgoh.life/farming.html

Not sure what rate crouching rancor assumes.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I have heard the crouching rancor calc is pretty good, a lot of people do use it.

But I find if you look at the mountain height it becomes harder to climb than looking at the path in front of your feet.

You may use the calc to guestimate how long to farm a toon so you can organize your time to farm the next toon, but this game changes so much the toon you were going to farm next just dropped in priority because of another - so farm what you need when you need, however long it takes.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

So I just spent my free cantina daily refresh on VS Han cantina node, guess how many shards I got?

Drop rate is bad - and this is double drops! C'mon ****???