Cls not that great

Replies

• Options
    It's so funny when u tell people the meta will change. They never want to believe it.
    U just want your sqaud you put so much into, to give u 1st place for next year.
    In 21 months of playing I've seen at least 6 meta shifts.
    Cls is a great toon but he will fade from arena just like the past meta has.
    Preparing for next meta is what KEEPS you at the top.
  • Options
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    It's so funny when u tell people the meta will change. They never want to believe it.

People aren't saying the meta won't change. They're just saying that you're wrong when you state that CLS is not the best character in the game right now.

MAYBE Rey outshines him. MAYBE someone else will come around and turn him into trash.

But right now he is the character with the best kit.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Cls is so good because of his supporting cast.
    Try cls in arena without
    Thrawn
    Gk
    R2
    Chaze
    Zarris
    Rhan

Eell, he can solo herpic pit raids without any cast at all to support him.
  • Goober1_
    472 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I wish some people from Dec 2015 shards would speak up here.
    Talzin is already taking 1st place there and people without sisters are using veers and resistantance to beat mt.
    The meta shifts 1st in the oldest and strongest shards.
    Some newer shards still have zaul in top 10.
    Cls is already on his way out, many people know this

I'm just trying to inform you of what is coming.
    Post edited by Goober1_ on
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Try cls in arena without
    Thrawn
    Gk
    R2
    Chaze
    Zarris
    Rhan

Eell, he can solo herpic pit raids without any cast at all to support him.

You have fun with that. Yawning
  • Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Putnam wrote: »
    Lol if you don’t think CLS is the best character in the game, then you don’t know this game.

Whoever made this post is either using him wrong, has him modded wrong, or doesn’t have him geared.

Gk is better. I don't use him. But he is the best character.

No way GK is better than CLS. CLS is the best controller in the game, GK is just a damage funnel. CLS makes his ally’s faster (regardless of faction), can put huge debuffs on enemies, remove TM, and can self cleanse every other turn.
  • LukeSkyrunner
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    _
    Post edited by LukeSkyrunner on
  • Options
    Talzin is already taking 1st place there and people without sisters are using veers and resistantance to beat mt.
    Put jrey with talzin, where cls can't get his health back to full and remove plauge.

I never thought of it, but that could actually be really good. Luckily I have V Han 6* 27/100 and V Chewie 6* 15/100, so I should be ready.

@LukeSkyrunner
    Please delete, I didn't mean to say that
  • Options
    Not great? Are you kidding me?

He is a X-Wing away to be as good as it can be.

Top 2 arena leader - check
    Haat P1, P3 and P4 possible solo - check
    Rancor solo - check
    Can solo the new lame GW by himself - check
    Great TB toon - check
    Great TW toon - check

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    CLS is great because of how useable he is through the game. It's not just about arena.

And Rey won't replace CLS in meta teams, she'll more likely be on the team alongside him.

And those who don't get Rey aren't going to siddenly kick CLS out of their team because someone else has Rey.
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

I’m on a Nov 2015 shard, and it’s still nothing but CLS. Not a single MT, Veers, or Resistance In the top 50.
  • Options
    Putnam wrote: »
    Lol if you don’t think CLS is the best character in the game, then you don’t know this game.

Whoever made this post is either using him wrong, has him modded wrong, or doesn’t have him geared.

Or doesn’t have him at all.
  • Options

So are you saying meta will change at some point later or claiming that CLS is not good now?
  • Options
    Cls is obviously a very good toon.
    I. Just think that everyone is waiting for his return and most likely the meta is starting to shift now.
    So by the time event comes and person gets him to g11 or 12 he won't be as op for arena as he has been for the people who got him the 1st time.
    Ns are gaining some small footing in arena and Zinn resistantance will have a small chunk of arena too.
    Add veers,stark,wampa,thrawn to that list and cls will finally have some competition in ARENA.
    Which is a good thing, cuz arena is boring with 90% cls
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    CLS is op and the main reason why they are not repeating the event is because they need to shift focus to other op toons before giving everyone a CLS (EVERYONE prepared for the event). If you go to swgoh.gg and look to the statistics about CLS you wil find out that more than half of the total teams in the game (yes, more than half of the total players of the game) use CLS in the arena. If they repeat the event before releasing another op toon or 2, it will be like 80% of the total players, turning the game into Star Wars Galaxy of CLS. They made mistakes out of pure greed and they're trying to fix everything. Badly, IMHO, but still trying to fix it.
  • Options
    Title
    Cls not that great

Nothing else to read here, move along.
  • Options
    They'll eventually bring his event back and everyone who didn't have him will get him and gear him up. Then about 3 weeks later they'll do a bounty hunter rework or something and bring in a leader ability that's like bounty hunters have an 80% chance to evade rebel counter attacks and gain 35% turn meter when they suffer a debuff. Then everyone will be mad on the forums all over again lol
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    CLS is op and the main reason why they are not repeating the event is because they need to shift focus to other op toons before giving everyone a CLS (EVERYONE prepared for the event). If you go to swgoh.gg and look to the statistics about CLS you wil find out that more than half of the total teams in the game (yes, more than half of the total players of the game) use CLS in the arena. If they repeat the event before releasing another op toon or 2, it will be like 80% of the total players, turning the game into Star Wars Galaxy of CLS. They made mistakes out of pure greed and they're trying to fix everything. Badly, IMHO, but still trying to fix it.

I agree.
    @Drazhar
    Once he returns, entire game changes.
    Everyone will be able to:
    Solo pit
    Solo p1 haat
    Make 1st in arena
    Tb, tw
    Literally every guild will be doing heroic raids.
    I don't know how they can fix it.
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »

I agree.
    @Drazhar
    Solo pit
    Solo p1 haat
    Make 1st in arena
    Tb, tw

They could either nerf CLS or make the raids harder. Or they can simply release op toons one after another and rework other toons simultaneously, which is what they seem to be doing (NSs, Phoenix, etc.). This is what makes my CLS hopes quite little: I think they won't repeat his event before January and I also think we will get some big rework (like Grievous and separatists) and some new op character (in addition to Rey) or even some new op team (in addition to NSs, which are quite broken and a low money-drawing tactic IMHO). I had some genuine rage and did some not so clever hate post out of CLS not showing up and out of CG/EA quite mocking money-drawing strategies, but now I regained some zen calmness. I just hope they don't ruin the game.
  • Options
    I'll bet that return of cls get more people get him on 2nd event than any toon in previous events by far
  • Options
    Try cls in arena without
    Thrawn
    Gk
    R2
    Chaze
    Zarris
    Rhan

I've been using CLS in Arena without any of those chars, and stay in the top 15 overnight. This team can beat any team on my shard on auto.

Here is the match up vs a CLS led Rebels team with Chaze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9cqnL6MT_c

The next one is against a GK-zBarris team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ1volyIlUs

CLS is a great plug and play toon that can work in most comps you can come up with.
  • Options
    Cls is obviously a very good toon.
    I. Just think that everyone is waiting for his return and most likely the meta is starting to shift now.
    So by the time event comes and person gets him to g11 or 12 he won't be as op for arena as he has been for the people who got him the 1st time.
    Ns are gaining some small footing in arena and Zinn resistantance will have a small chunk of arena too.
    Add veers,stark,wampa,thrawn to that list and cls will finally have some competition in ARENA.
    Which is a good thing, cuz arena is boring with 90% cls

That's quite a different point from your OP though. On my shard, for weeks now, the best teams that hold have NOT had CLS in them - they are GK / Barriss / Yoda comps or Talzin / NS teams or Talzin / GK / Barriss hybrid teams. I've run a MamaT hybrid squad since she came out and it's performed much better than the CLS-sheep squad I had before. Today alone I dropped just to 7 rank before moving for my payout. I'm on a Nov '15 hard launch server. A lot of people don't have NS though and Talzin in particular because she's behind a paywall. I'm seeing more GK / Barriss teams though and migration away from CLS - the CLS sheep squad just doesn't hold well on D. I think everyone is so comfortable facing it after so many battles it's a comfortable / predictable easy battle.
  • Pieeater420
    232 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    All this jRey will stop cls is laughable. Sure she will be good what do expect for a ptp char but u guys act like she’s unstoppable. Pretty sure hans first atk will stun her takin her out of match or a fast thrawn fracture boom shes done. Can she ignore taunts like cls?if not shes forced to atk one the tanks gk or baze ppl r usin in their squad. At this point in the game there is no true meta. Im in a original server from day 1 so got the best of the best an there is atleast 4 diff meta teams n my arena tht can beat any of the other 3 at any given time. Sum with cls n sum without so i dont see jRey destroying everything. She will do her dmg an win alot battles but all chars are beatable on defense. Nuthin u can say about her changes that. An u say use cls w/o one of those other 5 chars. Well who do u plan on usin with rey,ewoks lol?she is resistance so I assume u can use them with her but zFinn team is already one best squads n game everywhere but pvp so dont think rey will chg tht ne time soon.
  • Options
    I agree.
    Solo pit
    Solo p1 haat
    Make 1st in arena
    Tb, tw

Jyn can already solo rancor

Zavage or Zylo can solo P1 and Zavage can solo P3 of Haat

Both Raids have been out long enough, smaller guilds already have a hard enough time with everyone they loose to mega guild's with Haat TB and Tw releases, why is more guild's completing Haat a bad thing.

Arena will become more annoying forsure, I hope your right about Nightsisters and veers taking over. I'm in a 2016 January shard and only 1 Ns team in top 50 and 1 Gk/Zarriss /Talzin team
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    (Says CLS isn’t great because he is best with other toons. Also says new Rey will be better even though she relies on other toons)
  • Options
    Lol CLS not that great.
    As an attacker - amazing. He doing huge damage especially with special on offense mode.
    As a support - give the team HUGE amount of TM, remove buffs, putting buffs immunity, putting speed down and defdown.
    As a tank - he can take a lot of hits, and he heal himself ridiculous amounts of HP and protection.
    As a Leader- great buffs. Offense , defense , counter. Again, giving a lot to attackers, tanks, and supports (debuffers).

Sure, hanZ is better attacker.
    R2 and thrawn are better supports .
    GK is better tank.
    And know what? Even Zaul is a better leader.
    But CLS is doing it all, and he's top at every aspect, and #1 all aspects combined.
    Best all around toon, best toon. Period.
  • Options
    if he is so good bacause of supporting cast then try beat him 1 vs 1
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    if he is so good bacause of supporting cast then try beat him 1 vs 1

1 on 1 is a terrible discussion on who is better. There isn't anywhere in the game where that matters. Doesn't reflect anything in the game. 88 would beat zarriss in a one on one. I don't think anyone thinks 88 is better then zarriss.
  • Options
    Point I'm making is cls is lit like Zinn, he is most useful in arena as a leader with 4 rebels.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think the "next meta" doesn't have cmdr luke in it to be honest. Rey being a counter to zBarriss will only make luke more effective.
    I think rey will be better than most currently think she'll be. Not yet sure if she will in fact be faction dependable, maybe she will be like thrawn. Better in a faction team, but the team as a whole is worse than a meta team including thrawn. Hopefully that makes sence.
    Save water, drink champagne!