"Easier" Galactic War...?

Hey so about 2 weeks ago or so (maybe more) there was an update for galactic war. I remember reading in the in-game message that it was supposed to be "easier." Before the update I was completing all 12 nodes of a galactic war every 2 out of 3 times. Since the update I've completed all 12 not more than 3 times total...
I'm upset about this. Most of the team's I face now are about the same star quality gear level as my highest teams. (7* and Gear lvl 8). But I only have 2 teams that are that powerful... so somehow EA thinks it's better or mire fair that I face 12 teams with 2? Not so. Your algorithm needs to take the number of viable teams into account, not just highest power of a team, or even total GP (not all teams and characters are created equal. I could have the same GP with the games worst teams and actually never win a GW let alone get close to doing so).
That said there's apparently no part of the galactic war algorithm that accounts for character and team diversity. Which again, because not all teams are created equal, is a HUGE problem/source of anger for me. For example, ever since the update, I've had to face at least 2 teams per galactic war comprising of baze, chirrut, Biggs, wedge, and a random 5th. More often than not I face that team 3 times in a war. Neither of my two best teams can even compete against that team at equal star quality and Gear level, not even at one star quality and Gear level less my teams will still get pummeled by that team. And I see that team 2-3 times EVERY war. Where is the diversity? There are so many other different teams that can be made it is intentional that I see that particular team 2-3 times a war. The GW algoritm knows it too. It was programmed to keep me from winning, not make it "easier". The algorithm needs to be changed. Fine, make the GW more comparable in difficulty compared to my most powerful times. But don't find the one team that wipes my teams out and then make me face it 2-3 times a war when I only have 2 teams comparable in power for a total of 12 fights.....
We get that after the battlefront thing that you got to figure out how to make money. But the answer isn't to make your other star wars games as much of a grind that battlefront was before the backlash. Be the great creative company that you are and make stuff that people willingly buy. Don't force the money out of a player base. You'll alienate that player base, and when you do, you'll lose your cash cow.
I waited 2 weeks to see how my GW's would go, to see how consistent the pattern would be. It's too consistent to be random bad luck.

*note* my two best teams are: 7* nihilus g-lvl 8 (leader), 7* Vader g-lvl 8, 7* dooku g-lvl 9, 7* EP g-lvl 10, and 7* maul g-lvl 8; and 7* wedge g-lvl 8 (leader), 7* p-leia g-lvl 8, 7* ackbar g-lvl 8, 7* lando g-lvl 8, and 7* biggs g-lvl 8.

To say I'm a "little" peeved would be an understatement.

Replies

• Options
    Welcome to what we have been dealing with since galactic power became a thing
  • Options
    @Shenanigans052 *takes a bow*
  • Options
    Proposal: make 3 galactic war diffulties and let the player choose the difficulty when he/she embarks on the galactic war. And just scale rewards based on difficulty. In addition add an option to give x amount of crystals to double rewards for any difficulty.

See an idea like that can make you money EA!
  • Options
    GW difficutly has not changed. I still find the same zaul, zader, chaze/wiggs and CLS teams as before the update.
  • Options
    @dogwelder79 interesting. What's your GP? How often do you complete GW's on average?
  • Options
    GW changed more for the level 85 endgame players. And not for the better. No true way to treat new toon viability anymore
  • Options
    A 48k power team of baze, chirrut, thrawn, r2, and 5's beat my 68k power sith team (none of which were 7* or max level)... My sith team didn't even kill 1 of the characters in that fight (all of which are 7* and max level)...

Power cannot be the metric used to determine difficulty since clearly synergy of characters can make up for 20k power; nay more so in fact, since if it made up 20k power the team's would have been equal and the one would have barely beat the other (it would have been down to the last character on each side as opposed to a complete wipeout).

Please add/change the metrics in the algorithm that determines the teams we face in GW; make the metrics depend on team synergies too. It's easy. You have a ton of data. You can look up all the times that a team in PvP with 5k or less power that it's opponent beats that opponent. Further you can rule out player skill by looking at both low power AI teams that beat players and low power players that beat AI pvp teams (taking auto-play into account as if it were AI as well).

Seriously power solved nothing.

• Options
    tnarg_1111 wrote: »
    A 48k power team of baze, chirrut, thrawn, r2, and 5's beat my 68k power sith team (none of which were 7* or max level)... My sith team didn't even kill 1 of the characters in that fight (all of which are 7* and max level)...

Sorry it's supposed to say that the characters in the 48k power team weren't 7* or max level.
  • Options
    The GW changes primarily aff cited players already at level 85 with comparitively, a higher gear scale. They changes they made were putting a cap on the difficulty scaling, putting it against player level as opposed to Galactic Power (I think, they might have defined the differences more specifically.)

Essentially, it was made easier for the end-game players going up against CLS 4 time’s a day, but it got a little harder for smaller players that weren’t as heavily established in their rosters. Giving it time, you should balance out and start to see it become easier as you continue to improve your roster.

(Before, improving our roster just made it even HARDER, defeating the concept of making progress to perform better.)
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    Ok... But improving my roster is a money grab compared to how often i was completing GW before...

"Becuase we're forcing you to complete GW once every two weeks as opposed to 2 times every three days before the update, you have to spend money to get back to that frequency"

That's all I just heard. Also... GW rewards don't help accounts with "filled" out rosters. What? They need 1-2 shards of characters they already own? They need a few pieces of salvage for gear lvls 1-7?

They made it easier for people who don't need it but harder for people who do: money grab.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Ok... But improving my roster is a money grab compared to how often i was completing GW before...

"Becuase we're forcing you to complete GW once every two weeks as opposed to 2 times every three days before the update, you have to spend money to get back to that frequency"

That's all I just heard. Also... GW rewards don't help accounts with "filled" out rosters. What? They need 1-2 shards of characters they already own? They need a few pieces of salvage for gear lvls 1-7?

They made it easier for people who don't need it but harder for people who do: money grab.

The point was not that the end-game folks needed the rewards, but that they complained about how much time the game as a whole was taking. The rationale given for this was to give end game players a break on the amount of time needed to play the game, given the additions made with the new game modes. Without the right teams, it was taking some folks quite a bit of time to get through the g12 meta teams they were seeing on multiple nodes.

Your last point is just incorrect. I am one of the players for whom GW was made into a cakewalk, and I absolutely need the rewards. I still have several characters and ships that are not finished out of GW, and I have no idea what you mean by "a few pieces of salvage for gear lvls 1-7" because if I convert my tokens into shards for the shard shop, that's not going to g1-7, it's going to cuffs, carbantis, and guns, which you absolutely never have enough of no matter what. The new g11 pieces are also there.
  • Options
    Yep, they made GW easier for the lvl 85 people who were fighting teams 10 to 15% more powerful then their strongest team. So, now it is capped with teams that you should be facing right when you turn 85. You are correct, GW is harder for you. On the plus side, since it is no longer a sliding scale, in a few weeks of improving your roster you should be able to finish it again.

Prior to the change I had finished GW 3 times in 3 months. Each of those times I wasnt fighting 2 or more CLS teams.
  • Options
    If you just hit lvl85, then you are on the top difficoult peak.
    After this it just stays the same, but you get much better...
    ...build up tm and try harder, but it will get easier every day for you :-)
    Dont give up, good luke!
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

The point was not that the end-game folks needed the rewards, but that they complained about how much time the game as a whole was taking. The rationale given for this was to give end game players a break on the amount of time needed to play the game, given the additions made with the new game modes. Without the right teams, it was taking some folks quite a bit of time to get through the g12 meta teams they were seeing on multiple nodes.

Your last point is just incorrect. I am one of the players for whom GW was made into a cakewalk, and I absolutely need the rewards. I still have several characters and ships that are not finished out of GW, and I have no idea what you mean by "a few pieces of salvage for gear lvls 1-7" because if I convert my tokens into shards for the shard shop, that's not going to g1-7, it's going to cuffs, carbantis, and guns, which you absolutely never have enough of no matter what. The new g11 pieces are also there.

It was a time fix. I think most of us just wanted less fights, not necessarily easier ones - but the end result is still a time savings so, it's a win. Personally, I find FO on auto gets me through the fastest... might need to start a thread on this one.....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • tnarg_1111
    14 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Liath

Your last point is just incorrect. I am one of the players for whom GW was made into a cakewalk, and I absolutely need the rewards. I still have several characters and ships that are not finished out of GW, and I have no idea what you mean by "a few pieces of salvage for gear lvls 1-7" because if I convert my tokens into shards for the shard shop, that's not going to g1-7, it's going to cuffs, carbantis, and guns, which you absolutely never have enough of no matter what. The new g11 pieces are also there.[/quote]

Liath thank you. I didn't mean players like you don't need it. I meant and said players with "filled" rosters don't need it. I was referring to a previous comment when someone indicated that I needed to "fill" out my roster in order to be able to complete GW marches am a player that very very very much needs the gear and shards you mention. This is the PRECISE reason why I'm so upset. Yes I'm level 85. But that doesn't mean I'm strong enough... that's all I'm saying. To me it seems like EA made it better for lol 85 players that were ALREADY strong enough, but harder for level 85 players that actually need the GW rewards and are still growing into being lol 85. Which is just, well ignorant on their part I think. They have all the data. They can look at the number of lvl 85 accounts with 3 or more, and 4 or more complete teams. And the number of players with 5 or more and 6 or more accounts and compare the frequency that each of those accounts completes GW marches and scale it better.
    Being lvl 85 isn't sudden power... it's very alienating to be expected to be a lot more powerful than I am, in order to save people with at least 3 times my power save some time.
    I'm happy for them. I'm glad the don't have to waste as much time. But it shouldn't come at the cost of wasting mine. GW was easier and they got the rewards they needed to grow. Now I'm where they were and can't get the rewards I need to grow. That's just unfair.

• Options
    Whoops I messed up that quite thing. Liath didn't write that I did. I was trying to write it to Liath. Liath's text was in there too and now it's not. Super weird sorry guys.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Liath thank you. I didn't mean players like you don't need it. I meant and said players with "filled" rosters don't need it. I was referring to a previous comment when someone indicated that I needed to "fill" out my roster in order to be able to complete GW marches am a player that very very very much needs the gear and shards you mention.

Advising you to fill out your roster doesn't mean that you need every single character done. If that's how you're defining it, then I guess I don't qualify. But that's not how those advising you meant it. According to what they were saying, I most certainly have a filled out roster since I am (and have always been) capable of beating GW. And yet I still need the rewards.
  • Options
    That's not how I defined it. In fact I didn't define it at all. Don't judge me for the words you put in my mouth.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    That's not how I defined it. In fact I didn't define it at all. Don't judge me for the words you put in my mouth.

Uh huh. So this means what exactly then?

Liath thank you. I didn't mean players like you don't need it. I meant and said players with "filled" rosters don't need it.

You think I don't have a filled roster, and you are apparently basing that on nothing other than the fact that I haven't finished farming out the GW store.

And this was your original statement that I was responding to in the first place:

They made it easier for a lot of people, including those who still do need the rewards.
  • Options
    I said filled roster. But I never defined it.

"Advising you to fill out your roster doesn't mean that you need every single character done. If that's how you're defining it, then I guess I don't qualify."
    -Liath

You said that. Not me.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I said filled roster. But I never defined it.

"Advising you to fill out your roster doesn't mean that you need every single character done. If that's how you're defining it, then I guess I don't qualify."
    -Liath

You said that. Not me.

Uh huh. The point of what I was saying was that you were wrong when you said GW was made easier for people who don't need it and harder for people who do need it. There are people for whom GW was made easier who also need the rewards. And, having every single character done is the only way somebody *wouldn't* benefit from GW rewards. So it was the only definition of what you said that made sense. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I will certainly stop doing that.
  • Options
    Clearly you think I'm saying something that I'm not. You only had to give me a "benefit of the doubt" for things you think I'm implying. This has clearly digressed from it's original intent. I'm done. GLHF have all. Peace.