Guild Event Rewards in Light of New Cadence

Hiya Devs and Players,

First off just wanted to say that TB and TW are hugely awesome additions to the game. The teamwork aspect make these new events an exciting and rewarding part of the game! I want to take a quick look at the actual in-game rewards we're getting from these events, especially since the timing/cadence has changed few times.

Background: the original intent was for TB to have 12-hour Phases and only last 3 days. Players asked for 24-hour Phases to have more time for coordination, and the Devs graciously obliged. The Devs then adjusted rewards upward to account for the fact that there would be fewer events per month under a 24-hour Phase model. This made perfect sense.

At that time, we were running back to back LSTB's at roughly 10 days apart, so (3) total LSTB events per month. Since then, there have been two major changes to guild event cadence: 1) TW running between TB's, and 2) the introduction DSTB. This cadence change means there are now only (2) TBs per month instead of (3) and only (1) of each faction per month. These two changes have not been accompanied by corresponding reward adjustments, so I wanted to take a quick look at the rewards we're getting now with the new cadence vs. the rewards we were getting during the (3) LSTBs per month model.

There are (3) important types of rewards from Guild Events: Gear, Guild Event Tokens (GETs), and Rare Character Shards (RCSs). Gear is basically a wash between the two models, so I'm gonna focus on GETs and RCSs. For comparison purposes I'll use data for my guild: ~80M GP, 36* in LSTB, 35 ROLO shards. I'll assume that we win 50% of TWs and that we end up with the same 36* in DSTB after the difficulty re-calibration.

Original Cadence: (3) LSTBs per month:

- LSTB GETs: 5,700 x 3 = 17,100 tokens per month
- LSTB ROLO: 35 x 3 = 105 shards per month

New Cadence: (1) LSTB, (2) TWs, (1) DSTB, (2) TWs per month:

- LSTB GETs: 5,700
- LSTB ROLO: 35
- TW GETs: 350 x 2 = 700
- DSTB GETs: 5,700
- DSTB Probe: 35
- TW GETs: 400 x 2 = 800

- Total GETs: 12,900 tokens
- Total ROLO: 35 shards
- Total Probe: 35 shards

So the takeaway here is that the new cadence delivers over 4,000 fewer GETs per month and 1/3 the ROLO shards per month.

If this cadence will continue for the foreseeable future, the recommendation is to bridge this gap in (2) ways:

1) Increase the payout for TW by about 1,000 GETs per TW

2) Increase the RCS payout for TB to (3) shards per special mission completion

These adjustments would get us back to where we were in the September - November time frame.

That is all! Have a safe and enjoyable weekend!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to better sub forum.

Unfortunately we have no idea what the planned schedule was from when TB was supposed to be 12 hour phases. the overall changes to the rewards may have been made to mimic the intended "economics" of the end game schedule for all of these events.
  • Options
    Yep, completely understand. Looking for an answer from someone who does know ;)