Mod Question that really does not fit a criteria

For mods, do you all use different mods for different scenarios when your team has multiple roles? For instance you raid with Vader as your lead in Rancor phase 1, but then relegate him to a Maul follower in phase 2. Do you actually keep 2 sets of mods in reserve to switch out for ALL your characters? How in Ego’s name do you keep all those mods straight and know what goes where to whom and when?!? I assume multiple toons are modded this way for HAAT, HRancor, LS/DS TB and now TW. How many mods do you keep in your pool and not mix them all up when it comes time to reapply them? This seems like a huge waste of game time in general.

Does every mod have the same chance for all secondary attributes or are there some mods that simply won’t get them? Like does speed only appear on Arrow, triangle and plus and accuracy only on square and circle?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7379 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy.
  • Options
    Mod swapping is the worst. I only do it for events where I need the extra push and the reward is worth it.
  • Options
    I'm not 100% sure this is up to date, but I found it really helpful.
    170cv1SKZHyrPggZ18r7RWfHhVPSAHWkc0v7VOGp7yc.jpg?w=902&s=735db5e4aec3cfb8ab2b06933fd21169

As far as changing mods on characters for different events, it really depends on the character. Many characters just have one generally good set of mods. For those that have both, people do switch them out. It is time consuming, and there is really no way to do it easily (that I know of).
  • Options
    J7Luke wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure this is up to date, but I found it really helpful.
    170cv1SKZHyrPggZ18r7RWfHhVPSAHWkc0v7VOGp7yc.jpg?w=902&s=735db5e4aec3cfb8ab2b06933fd21169

As far as changing mods on characters for different events, it really depends on the character. Many characters just have one generally good set of mods. For those that have both, people do switch them out. It is time consuming, and there is really no way to do it easily (that I know of).

That graph helps a lot. Thank you
  • Options
    Take a month of cantina nodes and mod farm. Between two different TBs, raids, arena, fleet characters, and TW all needing modded teams; there's no real way to mod swap.
  • Options
    The only real difference I found was potency: it's required for Raids and useless in Arena. When I was running Vader and EP both in Arena and for the Tank, I was swapping that cross mod between potency and protection.

Also, only a very few mod characteristics make a real difference: speed (by far most important), potency (for Raids and other PvE), crit damage, and protection as main stat (23%). In very rare cases, crit chance would help some. Health, defense, offense are insignificant sugar coating (5% here and there). Tenacity, Accuracy, Crit avoidance are plain useless.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/