Just turned 60. What ships best to work on?

gimme the down-lo!

Replies

• Options
    Tarkin ship. So any DS ships. But you definitely want Biggs. He taunts and gains protection anytime another ship target locks
  • aakashba
    39 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    dont even have the character biggs. will work on it! I have a g8 consular and g7 windu 5-6 star. Their ships worth working on or should I focus on my tarkin? My tarkins nearly g7
  • Options
    Get your tarkin geared up as much as possible then focus first order tie fighter, imperial tie fighter, biggs ship. When you start getting fleet tokens spend them on ghost and phantom if you have phoenix, if not get vaders advanced tie fighter, Bobas slave 1 and mauls scimitar... You'll do fine with those :)
  • Options
    thanks! how do I get ship building materials btw?
  • Options
    ship credits from high level cantina/hard/normal nodes, daily mission completion, and from fleet arena payout
    some events like places of power gives it too
    most importantly from ship credit challenges (ackbar lead one)

ship ability mats from ship ability mat challenge(tarkin lead one)

ship training droid from the according challenge (windu lead one)
    it all starts at level 60
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Best advice is to use home one and rebel ships(for chimaera)
    + dark side ships (for zeta challenge)

but for now, preparing for zeta challenge is the most important thing

Get 5 4* DARK SIDE Ships that are moderately developed (crew decently geared)
    Then you can make your tarkin ship to 5*

Then get 8 5* ANY non-capital Ships (Dark or Light) that are decently developed
    Then you can do the zeta daily challenge
    You could use
    1. Biggs ship (best tank in the game, gain protection whenevet enemy is target locked and when under ackbar, also gain protection whenever he counterattacks or assists),

2. vader (guaranteed target lock+buff remove+target lock unremovable when vader is alive, Ability block&etc),

3. fives 5555 ( guaranteed target lock+ massive damage when many enemies are target locked+offense down)

4. Ahsoka Tano (buff removal, used mainly for removing taunt, but vader can do that too when enemy is target locked)

5. Maul (Stealth except one ally, give retribution +protection to unstealthed one , offense up for the stealthed ones)

6. boba fett (target lock basic, 1st special doing massive damage & Ability block to all target lock enemy + the one you choose, 2nd special doing massive damage, doing more than 20 or 30 percent of enemy health, ignore protection)

7. Imperial TIE (Evade a lot, ships have evasion of 2% at best. TIE has over 40 percent. + give turnmeter to your capital ship whenever he evades + target lock basic+ foresight gaining special, buff immunity is a bonus)

8. First Order TIE (Most insane attacker, use special back to back against target lock enemies+ target lock basic)

9.Poe (Fastest ship, great counter against imperial TIE doing massive damage against protection-less enemies, but doesn't target lock.)

10. TIE Reaper (remove enemy capital ship turnmeter whenever any ally or enemy dies+protection up skill+deathtrooper grenade style special)

11. Ghost&Phantom ( not very awesome imo but they are required for chimaera. mandatory. they go stealth a lot.)

12. Resistance X wing ( very useless, one expose + target lock special and that's it)

13. Millennium Falcon (Cool ship to have, not the most practical but looks cool)

14. Kylo shuttle (pointless ship but cool to have)

15. Wedge (does insane damage against debuffed enemies+ damage over time, but no target lock)

16. Jedi consular (very cheap but good, double attack+protection up, but slow)

17. U wings (very slow, but has many utilities, bistan can go stealth and hit hard, cassian can inflict guaranteed target lock+ tenacuty down+ assist attack which you can CHOOSE who to assist, can stealth himself or chosen ally too)

18. TIE Silencer (fast and hits harder and harder but no target lock)

19. Gauntlet (empire tank, protection up and stuff)

20. Plo koon (fast, make chosen ally to taunt)

21. Rex (insane heal but not popular)

22. Clone Sergeant (Very tanky, do some damage with specials especially on target locked enemy, but no taunt)

23. Geonosian soldier (very cheap, assist a lot, best under ackbar, and you need some dark side ships for zeta challenge anyway)

24. Sunfac ( good tank, stun, taunt for 1 turn and etc but not popular in arena. biggs is better)

25. geonosian spy (never seen one, i guess he would go stealth like the character, but really no idea what he does)

26. First Order SF TIR (again never seen one, but is a fast ship)

I use Tarkin, Biggs, Boba, FO TIE, Imperial TIE, TIE Advanced x1
    and for reinforcement: Scimitar, JC, Cassian
    Hoping to drop somebody for 5555. And also TIE Reaper in the long run.
  • Options
    In the top 20 fleet arena it s 50% tarkin, 50% thrawn leads
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section
  • aakashba
    39 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    hey guys whats reinforcements , and why does it only seem to come for my enemies?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    aakashba wrote: »
    hey guys whats reinforcements , and why does it only seem to come for my enemies?

It's the ships you put in the bottom in here

Found a random pic from Google image search

maxresdefault.jpg

You can put more reinforcements in if you have more ships and your capital ship is starred up.
  • crzydroid
    7384 posts Moderator
    Options
    Biggs plus Vader and multiple target lockers is the current meta.

However, keep in mind you will want at least five Rebel ships, two of which must be Ghost and Phantom II, and Home One at AT LEAST five stars by the next time Chimaera event comes around, which could be as early as next month.
  • Options
    Biggs and 4 ships that target lock on basic preferrably.
    Vader, tfp are useul to unlock r2 anyway, And so is tarkin (capital ship). Boba is good in arena and credit heist.
    Fotp is a hard farm but better to start sooner than later.
  • Options
    thanks alot guys!
  • Options
    In the top 20 fleet arena it s 50% tarkin, 50% thrawn leads

That's simply not true. Maybe for an old shard, but that's it. I place first consistently with mace, and the rest of the top is a mixture of tarkin and ackbar. I started last spring. I noticed one guy at the to has chimaera, but runs ackbar still.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    aakashba wrote: »
    dont even have the character biggs. will work on it! I have a g8 consular and g7 windu 5-6 star. Their ships worth working on or should I focus on my tarkin? My tarkins nearly g7

Mace Windu's ship is very good on offense due to its speed (after you get going with the Valor buffs and spread those target locks). However, less so on defense.
  • Options
    Prolly abit overwhelming, if your Mace is much more powerful then Tarkin and Ackbar for you focus on his ship, it's fun to use. You'll need to level up all 3 capital ships eventually anyways. Way down the road basically everyone will use Chimaera and some executrix. The most important ship challenge will give Zeta material.
    And you will need 8, 5 star ships and a 5 star executrix (to get 5star executrix requires 5 or 6 Darkside ships at 4 star).

But the other challenges will be important especially Ackbars will give you ship building materials.

Biggs and Vader combo is one of the best basically everyone uses that
    Maul is a great reinforcement ship( you will gain more reinforcement spots when your capital ship has more stars)

Umbaran is good all around
    Jedi consular is good especially especially early on
    Wedge decent damage good with Ackbar
    Ahsoka, Geosoldier, TFP all good
    Try to focus on ships with characters you want to gear. If you can