Shorten TB to 4 days

The title says it all: 6 days of TB is just too long and boring. TB is supposed to be end game content, so cut out the first two days when the minimum requirements are 2* and 3* toons and start it at the 4* level. And shortening TB would allow for more frequent Territory Wars, which could more than make up for any lost loot from a shorter TB (not that TB loot has to be decreased just because the event is shorter).

Obviously a 3 day TB would be even better but I understand community concerns over a 6 phase war with only 12 hours per phase due to the global nature of this game. So this seems like a reasonable compromise to fix something that I'm not sure anyone really likes.

Thanks!!

Replies

• Options
    3 days is better. Or add in an advance phase option for leaders. Or auto advance phase if the phase completes all 3 stars
  • Options
    Agreed that 3 would be better but I'll take anything at this point if they'll shorten the Territory Marathon. 5k, 10k, Territory Half...whatever!
  • Options
    Nope
  • Options
    Nope

Well, I guess that settles it. On to the next windmill!
  • Options
    Nope

Well, I guess that settles it. On to the next windmill!

Lol, onward and upward Don Q
  • Options
    Just go back to the original plan and do 12 hour phases. Once that is done, give us more TW. TB is just terrible, and no one likes it. No reason to drag it out like they do.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    No reason to drag it out like they do.

The only thing worse than bad content is bad content that takes forevah!
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Nope

+1
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Just let officers advance or restart the phase when the desired stars are achieved, with a max phase duration of 24 hours. Some could finish in a day, others could finish in 7 or any amount of time in between.
  • Options
    Serious question: does anyone really like TB or do they just like the rewards and fear that shortening it would result in less loot?
  • Options
    snowhut wrote: »
    Just let officers advance or restart the phase when the desired stars are achieved, with a max phase duration of 24 hours. Some could finish in a day, others could finish in 7 or any amount of time in between.

Only problem with this is that it doesn't necessarily allow more time for TW, which would be one big benefit of shorter TB (more zetas!)
  • Options

Only problem with this is that it doesn't necessarily allow more time for TW, which would be one big benefit of shorter TB (more zetas!)

TW doesn't really benefit folks as much as TB, the couple zeta are nice, but not earth shatteringly impressive. While the guild event tokens are much more desire able to the players.
  • Options

TW doesn't really benefit folks as much as TB, the couple zeta are nice, but not earth shatteringly impressive. While the guild event tokens are much more desire able to the players.

So what prevents equal rewards with a shorter TB? Why can't the reward system be rescaled for a shorter event to give just as much as we can earn now?
  • Options
    We both know that won't happen, and we both know that shorter phases will adversely affect guild star counts. As such, as is works fine, good guilds have it on cruise control already and are able to get thier goals met with the current system.
  • Options
    We both know that won't happen, and we both know that shorter phases will adversely affect guild star counts. As such, as is works fine, good guilds have it on cruise control already and are able to get thier goals met with the current system.

So you're saying you would be opposed to a shorter event even if the rewards were rescaled to match what they are now? Doesn't matter what we think would or wouldn't happen, I'm just asking if you would still oppose it at that point.
  • Options
    You do realize star count controls rewards correct.. So with the format for these TB, LS or DS , it is either a 24 hour phase, or the original 12 hour, so it's ether three days or six, explain how you would make it four days without a complete rejigging of the format, of the phases, star count totals, etc etc. That's the part I think that you have lost out on clarifying
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Serious question: does anyone really like TB

I do. I'm not at end game and still working on developing multiple teams that can succeed in this thing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DarthKaffee
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You do realize star count controls rewards correct.. So with the format for these TB, LS or DS , it is either a 24 hour phase, or the original 12 hour, so it's ether three days or six, explain how you would make it four days without a complete rejigging of the format, of the phases, star count totals, etc etc. That's the part I think that you have lost out on clarifying

Well, yes, of course it does, but if you cut out the first 2 phases, you knock out 9 possible stars. So lower the total possible to 36 stars and scale rewards accordingly so that earning 36 stars gains just as much loot as the current 45. It wouldn't be that hard at all to turn 0-45 into 0-36. In fact it could offer more loot to lower guilds with the star count more compressed but same reward spread as we have now.
  • Options
    Interesting idea, however, highly doubtful of the practicality, and as mentioned, you need to remember , original build and planning was 12 hour phases lol, the odds of such a fix as you propose are astronomically teeny tiny lol
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Serious question: does anyone really like TB

I do. I'm not at end game and still working on developing multiple teams that can succeed in this thing.

I respect that.
  • Options
    Interesting idea, however, highly doubtful of the practicality, and as mentioned, you need to remember , original build and planning was 12 hour phases lol, the odds of such a fix as you propose are astronomically teeny tiny lol

Maybe so, but it never hurts to ask! Thanks for engaging my flight of fancy.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Or add in an advance phase option for leaders. Or auto advance phase if the phase completes all 3 stars

Yes! Oh gawd, yes!

Why wait any longer if the phase already completed? Let guild officers choose when to advance within the first 24hrs of a phase.

I'm not a fan of the auto—advance, however. Let each guild choose their own pace.