Change Forum Notifications

I was wondering if there was an option to mute notifications for a particular thread, or if such a feature could be added?
This mainly pertains to mega-threads, since it often leads to 100+ notification pop-ups, which makes it easy for notifications for other topics to be lost/buried.
Perhaps consolidating all the notification popups for a thread under a single notification would be easier?
I have no idea who builds/runs the forum so I'm throwing this out there in general.
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can't ya just mute the thread? Or are you talking about the numbers that pop up on the thread itself?

Gonna move this to website feedback BTW
  • Options
    TyloRen wrote: »
    Can't ya just mute the thread? Or are you talking about the numbers that pop up on the thread itself?

Gonna move this to website feedback BTW

@TyloRen How do you mute a thread?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    ...was just looking and don't see it, I swear there was a button to mute it right next to every thread.

There are general notification settings top right if you click on the gear symbol, you might have one of them selected
  • Options
    TyloRen wrote: »
    ...was just looking and don't see it, I swear there was a button to mute it right next to every thread.

There are general notification settings top right if you click on the gear symbol, you might have one of them selected

Yup. I've checked everywhere on threads. Nothing there.
    In general notification settings, I can

Notify me when people comment on my discussions.
    Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.
    Notify me when people mention me.
    Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.
    Notify me of private messages.