Do I have time to get 5* capt. Han & 7* vets before next (not this) Rey event?

If so I think it will help my guild out more if I unlock han for the rolo mission first and only then go for vets. I managed to 4* the vets during double drops and have about 5 captain han shards. I only refresh during cantina day (f2p). What do you think, do I have time to unlock han? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Options
    No
  • Options
    Considering CLS hasn't come back yet (rumors say this month) you should definitely have time. Do a refresh or two a day with crystals, it'll get done much quicker. I don't pay anything in this game and I can afford to do at least one cantina refresh a day.

For comparison, I managed to go from having absolutely nothing as far as New Hope rebels when CLS came out, to now where I have them all at 7* and GL8-10. I also brought Kylo Ren to 7* in that time, and spent a lot of cantina energy on mods. I see no real reason why you wouldn't be able to get all 3 characters to 7* in 4 months.
  • Options
    With around 3 shards per cantina refresh and two refreshes a day I'd say you are looking at about 3-4 months of cantina farming just for the vets. I can't imagine them running Rey for the second time in less than 6 months after the first, so I'd say you are in good shape.
  • Options
    No, next Rey event comes 5 days after the first one and after that it won't ever appear again, sorry.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    No, you are going at a turtle pace.

If you have Hoth Rebel Solider at 5* you need to get Captain Solo to 5* and stop freeloading ROLO shards from your guild.
  • Options
    NO
  • Options
    Since the interval for CLS seems to be 5-6 months, you should have time.
  • Options
    Let me look into my crystal ball to tell you since I know when CG is going to post all of their events for the next year
  • Options
    Probably do.
  • Options
    At the pace you described (and, I'm unclear on how many times you refresh on cantina energy activity day, so I'm assuming three times), here's the math...

Counting the noon 45 drop, you get 165 cantina energy daily. Assuming you don't miss any, that's 1155 free energy per week. Add in three refreshes on cantina energy activity day, that's an additional 360 per week, for a total of 1515 cantina energy weekly.

All of the characters you want to farm are on 16 energy nodes. so, 1515 energy will get you just under 95 pulls per week. At the assumed drop rate of 1:3, that's just over 31.5 shards per week. According to your post, I'll assume the Vets each have 250 shards remaining and CHolo needs 325, for a total of 825 shards needed. At a farming rate of 31.5 shards per week, you'll need just over 26 weeks to finish.

So, if Rey comes back in exactly 6 months, you're going to be cutting it razor thin.
  • Options
    I would focus on capt han and wait to see how rey performs. If she turns out to be really good adjust your farming accordingly.

If she's good but doesn't make resistance better than it already is don't worry about having to get her on the 2nd pass the way we've all worried about cls.

I'm in basically the same situation and that's going to be my farming strategy.
  • Options
    To clarify you’re only looking to get Capt Han to 5*, right? And then go focus on the Vets?

I’ve done that and would recommend it. You can start helping with Capt Han, he’s viable enough at 5* for now, to leave him until you get the Vets up to 7. Get Capt Han to L85 and G8 though once unlocked.

But like others have said, also do use your crystals for Cantina refreshes.
  • Options
    If you only need CHolo at 5* (I assumed 7* in the math above), it comes out to just over 20 weeks of farming.
  • Options
    No, next Rey event comes 5 days after the first one and after that it won't ever appear again, sorry.

Nothing surprises me. Unless they bring us a 7* Porg!

• Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    At the pace you described (and, I'm unclear on how many times you refresh on cantina energy activity day, so I'm assuming three times), here's the math...

Counting the noon 45 drop, you get 165 cantina energy daily. Assuming you don't miss any, that's 1155 free energy per week. Add in three refreshes on cantina energy activity day, that's an additional 360 per week, for a total of 1515 cantina energy weekly.

All of the characters you want to farm are on 16 energy nodes. so, 1515 energy will get you just under 95 pulls per week. At the assumed drop rate of 1:3, that's just over 31.5 shards per week. According to your post, I'll assume the Vets each have 250 shards remaining and CHolo needs 325, for a total of 825 shards needed. At a farming rate of 31.5 shards per week, you'll need just over 26 weeks to finish.

So, if Rey comes back in exactly 6 months, you're going to be cutting it razor thin.

You're not taking into account a potential double drop event, which I imagine there will be at some point between now and a re-release of LSR.

• Options
    No, I'm not. But the OP doesn't plan on refreshing much. And without that, the difference would only be a couple/few days. Not much when compared to the total length of the farm.
  • Options
    I don't know...my Veteran Han drop rate was significantly worse than that. During double drop days I got 6 shards total over two days after spending 4 crystal refreshes and using all Cantina energy in day one. Day 2 I gave up after my first recharge resulted in 0 shards and switched to Finn.
  • Options
    I've been tracking my cantina farm drop rates for the past several characters, including CHolo, Death Trooper, and the Vets, among others. I consistently average right at 10 shards per day from the 16 energy nodes with three refreshes. Of course, any given day can be more or less than that average. I did get 20 per day during double drops.

My experience indicates that simming three at a time tends to smooth out the peaks and valleys from the RNG, so I never feel like I get that deep drought with no drops. But, it doesn't significantly change the average drop rate through the length of the farm. That's been my experience. Your experience may be different.
  • Options
    Considering CLS hasn't come back yet (rumors say this month) you should definitely have time. Do a refresh or two a day with crystals, it'll get done much quicker. I don't pay anything in this game and I can afford to do at least one cantina refresh a day.

For comparison, I managed to go from having absolutely nothing as far as New Hope rebels when CLS came out, to now where I have them all at 7* and GL8-10. I also brought Kylo Ren to 7* in that time, and spent a lot of cantina energy on mods. I see no real reason why you wouldn't be able to get all 3 characters to 7* in 4 months.

This