25$ wasted

So I just spent 25$ on shards to buy 3 night sister packs, hoping to get Mother Talzin. 25$ for a character, seems exceptionally reasonable right? 10-330 shards can be found! Wow, what a deal, even if I don’t get Mother Talzin!... the highest amount of character shards I got in the packs was 15 shards, for the nightsister initiate, the rest were 10 Zombie NS shards, 10 Mother Talzin shards, 10 Spirit shards, 10 more initiate shards, and 10 more intimate shards. If I wanted to farm initiate shards I wouldn’t be paying 25$ for something I could do in less than an hour or so. Not much to say other than very disappointed with the developers, and more than likely won’t be paying anymore money to this game.

Replies

• Options
    U brought the ones w crystals? Cause I didn't see ones for cash because the cash one tell u how much u get. The ones w crystals are the one that don't tell the exact amount of shards
  • Options
    U brought the ones w crystals? Cause I didn't see ones for cash because the cash one tell u how much u get. The ones w crystals are the one that don't tell the exact amount of shards
    Yes I bought crystals in order to get the shard packs

• Options
    Yeah always get the cash ones they tell the exact amount I mean that ain't bad for 25 bucks
  • Options
    They really need to change the way those packs look to uninformed individuals. It's worse then $25 down the drain because you actually feel cheated. I as well as many have fallen for packs like that. They look inciting but are really something different then they are portrayed. We shouldn't have to go to Youtube and watch an entire Worth It! series from Warrior to be informed.
  • Options
    To earn money with a game is a must not an option, but the monetizing system CG & EA uses with these lootboxes and gamble* is questionable and backfired heavy for Star Wars Battlefront II.
    Solveing this situation is really simple, but Devs & Publishers loving their lootboxes so much that it is here to stay, since they make much more money with this than with the traditional system (Buy exactly what you want and forget the rest)
    Anyways. I'm willing to spent money on GOH, but it is really expansive for characters you can not farm (in a reasonable amount of time or just via cristals.

*Option to get more for "free", at least you get "something" but you dont know what exactly what you get and thats is ,in my opinion, the problem
  • Options
    Well u know what u get it is spelled out between 5 to 330 shards wouldn't be complaining if u got 330?
  • Options
    They really need to change the way those packs look to uninformed individuals. It's worse then $25 down the drain because you actually feel cheated. I as well as many have fallen for packs like that. They look inciting but are really something different then they are portrayed. We shouldn't have to go to Youtube and watch an entire Worth It! series from Warrior to be informed.

I agree completely! I guess they know their basic marketing techniques, after all that’s what it’s all about. I suppose I should be more careful, and I hope more people see this before they buy something like this.
  • Options
    Well u know what u get it is spelled out between 5 to 330 shards wouldn't be complaining if u got 330?

Of course I wouldn’t be complaining, would anyone? I expected to get at least half that in at least one of the packs, only to find myself with the bare minimal that they offer. I get a feeling of false marketing, but it’s my own fault.

• Options
    Doozie if you had spent time reading these forums/doing a bit of research you would realise that the 5-330 shard packs are a complete rip off. These 10-330 nightsisters packs actually offer better rates and give you a chance of getting 2 rolls of character shards per pack rather than 1 roll. The average pack opening on 5-330 shards is between 5 or 7 shards and it typically costs 300 dollars to unlock a character at 7 stars this way. Yes it's a joke and yes it's pretty much a marketing scam but people have made these mistakes and informed us of the drop rates.

At the end of the day as long as there are people who don't care about spending money, things won't change. But do a bit of research before you purchase these packs and you will be more prepared for disappointment (or won't make the decision to purchase in the first place)