Thermal Detonators

So I have Greedo and never use his thermal detonator, but does it actually do good damage. I never have really found out if it does good damage since its AOE. Also for the devs, is the thermal detonator ever going to be changed? It seems dumb if it has a two turn delay just because of counter attacks when there isn't really good bonus effects.

Replies

• Options
    I think I read they will be changing it.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I think it does about 2k damage when levelled to ability 7... but nobody really maxes it as it's just useless when it takes two turns to go off.. Also it limits using Greedo in arena because AI fires aoe first.
    Also, on the subject of Greedo in arena, has anyone else noticed that Greedo doesn't really get many critical hits in arena?
    I mean when doing challenges he gets plenty of critical hits and so fires again around 50% of the time, but in arena he rarely gets a critical hit so his special ability doesn't get a chance.
  • Options
    What level is your Greedo? In challenges he faces lower levvdl guys, that affect the crit chance
  • Options

In RotJ, Boushh (Leia) pulled a thermal detonator out in front of Jabba (and his room filled with bounty hunters and murderers) and everyone freaked their ****. In this game, Greedo chucks 5 of them at the enemy and they shrug it off.

Yep - this. The first time in game I saw Greedo land thermal detonator, I thought 'oh crap!'... Then it went off and I was like "that's it?? What was everyone so paranoid about at Jabba' s place?"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

In RotJ, Boushh (Leia) pulled a thermal detonator out in front of Jabba (and his room filled with bounty hunters and murderers) and everyone freaked their ****. In this game, Greedo chucks 5 of them at the enemy and they shrug it off.

Yep - this. The first time in game I saw Greedo land thermal detonator, I thought 'oh crap!'... Then it went off and I was like "that's it?? What was everyone so paranoid about at Jabba' s place?"

Unless you're looking to wipe out your own team too, there's a reason for the difference between the game and the movies. The blast radius on one of those was supposed to be strong enough to have cleared out that room in Jabba's palace. Big too. Something like 75 meters. A real desperation move. This is based on the very old SW RPG, pen & paper D&D style. At the time, I believe, stats like that from that game were considered canon. Doubtful that's still the case.

So on first encounter, "oh crap!" was the proper response. Now it just gives Ackbar something to do.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    I use Nute and Greedo, both 7* max gear at lvl 66.

I use then because they are fun, and I never use the thermal. AI defense sucks.

I agree that Greedo does not double attack that much at this lvl. Maybe with crit chance leaders like Sid or 88 he would be more consistent, but as it stands he rarely doubles in arena. I honestly think that Nute does more dmg, he attacks way faster and crits a LOT. Plus he is always my last chat alive, stealth is a pain to deal with vs the dps teams.

But a assist from QGJ with a double Greedo attack is freaking crazy. But very very rare.
  • Options
    It's pretty worthless since the opponent is usually dead before it goes off. The turn wasted throwing that potato could have been used doing actual damage.
  • Options
    I use maxed Greedo in arena ( not thermals ) and have Sid as leader. Also QGJ, GS and Dooku. Place top 20 on old server and don't fall past 40 with no refresh. Don't have time to snipe. He crits a lot and usually takes out enemy toon of my choice. Must do ok on defense despite detonators! Also Greedo doesn't give a sheet if your Sith or Jedi. In GW I use detonators as "pass" turn for healing or cool downs on other toons. So he is main char for me and I couldn't tell you what TD does because fight is over! As a side note ability block is a laugh to Greedo!