Veteran Han & Chewie Pack / International Comparison

Hey everyone,
I was wondering why the pack is costing US Players 29,99$ which converts to roughly 25€. I as a European however have to pay 33€ to purchase the pack. This is roughly 33% more than People in the US are charged. I am sure the same thing applies to other countries as well.

It would be great to get some Feedback from EA/CG's side.

I did consider buying the pack because it will garuantee me to get the new Rey, however after finding out about this one can assume my Feelings towards this.

I know that companies have to deal with Exchange rate issues and all that but paying over 30% more than people in the US is not acceptable for me in this case.

Replies

• Options
    Probably because it's an American game. I assume its based in cali, where money doesn't mean anything. You should complain about being taxed for being European.
  • Options
    I think the issue is they don't update the conversion rate often.
  • Options
    This has been discussed many times here on the forums. EA/CG sets prices in USD. Period.

Apple/Google then take that price in USD and convert it based on whatever conversion rates they have setup for other countries. That could include various taxes other countries may require. Apple/Google don’t update their conversion rates very often either so it doesn’t stay in line with how USD is valued compared to other currencies right now.

TL;DR - Blame Apple/Google
  • Options
    thanks @CamaroAMF
  • nxv
    49 posts Member
    Options
    I think in some countries like the US or Canada, the prices are always displayed before tax (because it's usually applied at a state level). In others like in Europe, taxes are already added to the price.
  • Options
    Is it free to convert currency? Do the exchange rates stay the same for every country throughout the duration of the sale?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    This has been discussed many times here on the forums. EA/CG sets prices in USD. Period.

Apple/Google then take that price in USD and convert it based on whatever conversion rates they have setup for other countries. That could include various taxes other countries may require. Apple/Google don’t update their conversion rates very often either so it doesn’t stay in line with how USD is valued compared to other currencies right now.

TL;DR - Blame Apple/Google

Yep this is what I remember seeing.

They use some conversion rate that is the regional standard.