Suggestion for a rework of Nightsister Zombie

Maegor
1217 posts Member
First, let me start by saying that I actually like the overall NS rework. They have great synergy together now and two really useful leads. I just have two issues with them:

1) The acolyte/zombie cheese. This one is minor, because there are toons with aoe dispels.
2) The major issue: there is a huge disincentive to gearing zombie. In fact, if you've geared her, you've made a mistake that can't be corrected.

To fix #2, I think zombie needs a rework to her unique - Endless Horde. My suggestion is that the ability levels of Endless Horde be tied to her gear level and not her character level. Here is what I think would be a positive change to her unique:

Rank 1 - unlocked at GIV: At the end of her turn and at the start of the encounter, NS Zombie gains taunt for 1 turn. NS Zombie can revive one time after being defeated. She is revived with 50% less speed. This revive CAN be prevented.
Rank 2 - unlocked at GV: 10% less speed penalty
Rank 3 - unlocked at GVI: 10% less speed penalty
Rank 4 - unlocked at GVII: 10% less speed penalty
Rank 5 - unlocked at GVIII: Can revive 2 times
Rank 6 - unlocked at GIX: This revive CANNOT be prevented
Rank 7 - unlocked at GX: Can revive 3 times
Rank 8 ZETA - unlocked at GXI: NS Zombie can revive indefinitely, with no penalty to speed. Upon resurrection NS Zombie immediately taunts for 1 turn.

I'd love to hear feedback on this.

Replies

• Options
    Don't understand the whole you've made a mistake if you gear up the zombie. After the first time it goes down then it doesn't taunt til next turn so the longer it's alive while taunting the better. I see no reason not gear it up
  • Options
    While I agree there should be some changes to the zombie in order to prevent the acolyte cheese (which I am shamelessly using myself sometimes), I think what you're proposing is not only very unlikely, but also too extreme. It would be way too costly for a minor yet crucial member of the NS. It would basically further penalize the lower level players that for once have a chance to get a good return on a quick investment.
    Zombie can be easily countered already and there is no need for drastical changes that would remove all interest in it for lowel levels.
  • DanTastix_1
    284 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Don't understand the whole you've made a mistake if you gear up the zombie. After the first time it goes down then it doesn't taunt til next turn so the longer it's alive while taunting the better. I see no reason not gear it up

Because you can just stick buff immunity on it if it has health, but when every attack kills it, the debuffs disappear instantly

Edit: And with all the CLSs around these days, buff immunity is a very common thing hahaha
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options

You want her to die for two reasons - to continue the acolyte permastealth and to feed the zetas of the other NS (Daka gaining health, Asajj gaining offense and health, and MT gaining TM). Adding gear to her makes her first death take longer, and since she gains 100% health upon resurrection, adding gear gives her health by either giving her health as a base stat or by giving her strength, which is converted into health.

Also, if you gear her too much, she can live through a fracture which is very problematic.
  • Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    2) The major issue: there is a huge disincentive to gearing zombie. In fact, if you've geared her, you've made a mistake that can't be corrected.

A strong zombie keeps taunt longer and helps keep the heat off the others. I found a weak zombie that gets one shot didn't hold up as well overall. Even with G12 she still dies plenty of times and limiting or preventing her revives would completely defeat the point of using her.

That said, there are a few toons that should be nerfed well before zombie........
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Moved to correct sub forum.

And then it died.......
    Near instantly moving topics around seems to kill more than a few interesting ones.
  • Options
    I’ve had so much more success with a G11 zombie than I find running a G6/G7 one. It’s a myth that you want her dying easily.