Shard Farming via Auto-Battle or Sim? Which method is better?

nil_wyndaru
17 posts Member
edited February 2016
So... do you have such a statistics of better drop chances in shards farming?

Do I have to sim the battles or fight them in auto? Coz in the C4C I was farming Kylo Ren and got none of it in auto-battles for full energy recharge after 12 tries...
cheers from Ukraine! and may the force b with u!

Replies

• Options
    When dealing with RNG, neither one of them is better.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The drop rate is 1/3:
    - It doesn't matter what the node is.
    - It doesn't matter if you sim or play it or auto-play it.
    - It doesn't matter if there was just an update.
    - It doesn't matter if you go in through the character screen or not.
    - It doesn't matter if you need 1 shard for the next upgrade or 99.
    Ignore all of the threads about shard drop rates and your life gets much better immediately. :) I track these things and every single time it always comes out to around 1/3.
    And yes, you will always have hot streaks and cold streaks. Guaranteed.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    The drop rate is 1/3:
    Ignore all of the threads about shard drop rates and your life gets much better immediately. :) I track these things and every single time it always comes out to around 1/3.

I feel like I'm the only person that reads your logical statistics around here. But yes, Qeltar is right, ya'all need to pay attention.

That being said, if you have the time, don't sim. It lets all the troops that got left behind when you unlocked something better a chance to do something. It's fun shooting low level stormtroopers with resistance trooper and ewoks scout in their mid-50s.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options

Do I have to sim the battles or fight them in auto? Coz in the C4C I was farming Kylo Ren and got none of it in auto-battles for full energy recharge after 12 tries...

That is some brutal luck.
    All in all the drop rate is just as low with simming as it is doing the battle.
    It is a better idea to do auto battling though because you can use one of your allies for 20 ally points instead of the 10 it'll give you when simming.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

I feel like I'm the only person that reads your logical statistics around here. But yes, Qeltar is right, ya'all need to pay attention.

That being said, if you have the time, don't sim. It lets all the troops that got left behind when you unlocked something better a chance to do something. It's fun shooting low level stormtroopers with resistance trooper and ewoks scout in their mid-50s.

+1

Drops will annoy you even knowing all this, I have been chasing last daka shard for 3 days so 0/9 but I remind myself I had a lot of hot streaks getting there and I don't have the 1M to promote her anyway.
  • Options
    Okay) Thanks for the tips, lads... ;)

I'm goin' to auto-battle each low-level node then, and will sim only the hard ones (60+) from now on
    cheers from Ukraine! and may the force b with u!
  • Options

Drop rate doesn't change but maybe auto play it anyway with an ally. You get 20 instead of 10 for the bronzium... Not much I know, but I did just get 15 teebo shards from a bronzium. C rap character but oh well.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Tardis1205 wrote: »

Drop rate doesn't change but maybe auto play it anyway with an ally. You get 20 instead of 10 for the bronzium... Not much I know, but I did just get 15 teebo shards from a bronzium. C rap character but oh well.

Teebo is a hidden Gem. He is gonna be the new meta.. (Insert Smirk Here)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    For those curious I have been tracking my Anakin drops for the last two weeks:
    9	4
    9	6
    9	4
    18	3
    9	1
    9	5
    9	2
    9	3
    9	1
    9	4
    9	3
    9	3
    15	5

Total is 44/132 or EXACTLY 1/3. Of course it won't always be that exact number, and there will be good days (6/9) and very annoying ones (1/9, 3/18). On the average, it comes out to 1/3.
  • Options
    @Qeltar oh boy, two weeks of farming and not a single day of 0/9? Unless that 3/18 is there to mask the 0/9. :wink:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    For me, some days I get shards, others, zip, nothing at all!!!

As for item drops... Best not start on that one or phones/tablets will be flying all over the place in anger!!!!!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think that was a 1/9. For some reason with Anakin the drops have been very even, usually 2 or 3 out of 9.
    Believe me I get plenty of 0/6s on other guys. :)
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    It my sound weird but when i don't use sim on low level battles and auto battle them, they barely give shards/gear. Almost every time they give only droid+ exp. It made me be scared to auto play low level battles without sim.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    9	4
    9	6
    9	4
    18	3
    9	1
    9	5
    9	2
    9	3
    9	1
    9	4
    9	3
    9	3
    15	5

Total is 44/132 or EXACTLY 1/3. Of course it won't always be that exact number, and there will be good days (6/9) and very annoying ones (1/9, 3/18). On the average, it comes out to 1/3.

Were those battles simed or auto play?
  • Options
    The drop rate is 1/3:

my personal testing is that u need to stop during a bad streak and come back again later

i had good streaks. and i try to shrug off bad streaks by logging off and coming back if i can 4 rolls without a drop for gear.

RNG is not completely random for those who have studied programming.

There is usually some time based algorithim added based on time and date.

not claiming that it might apply to every game

if anything i think the frustration builds up if u sim thru 2 refreshes and get nothing.

go do something else n come back later.

that's all anyone can do.
  • Options
    The drop rate is 1/3:
    9	4
    9	6
    9	4
    18	3
    9	1
    9	5
    9	2
    9	3
    9	1
    9	4
    9	3
    9	3
    15	5

^^ I love this guy.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    The drop rate is 1/3:

my personal testing is that u need to stop during a bad streak and come back again later

i had good streaks. and i try to shrug off bad streaks by logging off and coming back if i can 4 rolls without a drop for gear.

RNG is not completely random for those who have studied programming.

There is usually some time based algorithim added based on time and date.

not claiming that it might apply to every game

if anything i think the frustration builds up if u sim thru 2 refreshes and get nothing.

go do something else n come back later.

that's all anyone can do.

This is confirmation bias.

On an 0 for 15 streak. Stop come back later go 5 for 15 problem solved.

Or

On a 0 for 15 streak and do another 15 going 5 for fifteen. Pretty bad run going 5/30.