Help with Moving Forward

I would like some guidance on what I should be focusing on.. I was told build a Rebel and an Empire team. Here is my progress so far and i’m curious as to the direction and strategy i should be working towards please!

https://swgoh.gg/u/docrockk/collection/

Replies

• Options
    There's a long climb ahead with a lot of competing priorities, so you'll need to pick which one you want to focus on first, then go on to the next one. The way the game is structured, it's a long haul to get to some real progress. Here are some team compositions you'll need to gain rewards in the game, not in any particular order:
    • Empire team-unlock R2 (5 star tam to unlock)
    • Rebel Team - unlock Emperor Palpatine (5 star team to unlock)
    • Phoenix Rebel team - unlock Thrawn (5 star team to unlock)
    • jedi team - unlock grand master yoda (5 star team to unlock)
    • farm boy luke, Stormtrooper han, princess leia, r2, old ben - unlock commander luke (7 star team to unlock)
    • scoundrel team - to enter the credit heist and training droid smuggling events (each around once per week)
    • First Order Team - unlock bb8 (5 star team to unlock)
    • Finn, Scavenger Rey, Old Han, Old Chewie, bb8 - unlock Last Jedi Rey (7 star team to unlock)

No matter what, you'll want to get a good scoundrel team together as soon as possible so you can get those credit heist and training droid rewards, otherwise you'll struggle to upgrade your characters due to not having enough credits. Boba Fett, Stormtrooper Han, and clone wars chewie are a good start there and you should try to get Lando and either ig-88 or cad bane to add to that as they're easy to farm and useful for continuing to complete the cantina and LS and DS battles.

A good starter empire team to continue progressing with is Tarkin, Tie Pilot, Royal Guard, Magma Trooper, Snow Trooper. All of them are easy to farm and accessible to you now. And if you can get them all to 7 star, then you'll be ready for the next R2 event to unlock it at 7 Stars. This by no means an end game team, but tarkin and tie pilot will be critical for ship combat, Tarkin is a good meta character, so you'll want to continue staring and gearing him up anyway, the rest will help you get to other DS or cantina nodes where you can unlock other better Empire and DS characters.

A good starter rebel team for you to continue with is Wedge, Biggs, old ben, storm trooper han, and you should try to unlock ackbar. Ackbar, wedge and biggs will be critical for ship combat, and ackbar also cleanses debuffs from your team and heals at the same time. I'm sure you've realized by now that the wedge-biggs synergy is awesome. Once you unlock lando, you can throw him in this squad as well to help with the Cantina and Light Side battles. Wedge as a leader with lando really makes lando a monster for those cantina and LS battles, once you get on a roll with his AoE, wedge's leader ability let's lando keep healing himself back to full health on every hit.

Some general things to be aware of:
    • Gear level is what affects character health and protection and speed(for some) - so gearing up is very important. It can make low star tank and support characters very useful.
    • star level is important for damage where the higher star level increases the stat modifiers for strength, agility, and intelligence. Also obviously important for participating in events and raids where there are star restrictions
    • once you get to a level high enough to unlock the mod battles and challenges, spend some time doing those as adding mods will make your toons much more powerful. there are other threads on the forum and sites that will be able to explain mods better than me, so look those up to learn how to use them on your characters. To start out with, just focus on gaining health mods with protection primary stats to help with survivability. A 5 pip arrow mod with speed primary is the unicorn that everyone wants, so when you get one of those, choose carefully who gets it.
    • Join a guild that is doing raids so you can get gear and guid currency rewards. You'll need these to gain access to gear that is necessary to move beyond gear lvl 8 for most characters. As soon as you get a few 7 star characters, join a guild that is doing heroic raids. Even if you do 0 damage, you'll still get some raid rewards with access to better necessary gear.
  • Options
    Keep moving forward with your strategy of rebel and empire.

Empire will unlock r2 which is needed for commander luke, and r2 is an end game character in arena in his own right.

You also need rebels to unlock palpatine (empire) and old school rebels commander luke as well.

You will also need phoenix (who are rebels too) to unlock thrawn, another end game arena character.

All of these will generally need to be gear 8 or 9 (thrawn is harder) with good mods to get through the event.

Finally, you will need a scoundrel team for the credit heist. St han, lando and boba fet are good for this and ok in arena early on

For now, try wedge lead, biggs, old ben (or st han) plus your favorite 2 damage dealers.

Its a long road
  • Options
    New to forum and looking for some help in not losing to ppl who have less power and lower lvl characters.

https://swgoh.gg/u/icedragon1971/collection/

My characters.
    I do take criticism good or bad so ty in advance for any help.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    New to forum and looking for some help in not losing to ppl who have less power and lower lvl characters.

https://swgoh.gg/u/icedragon1971/collection/

My characters.
    I do take criticism good or bad so ty in advance for any help.

None of your characters really boost each other.

You need a strategy to unlock characters that help each other be strong. So look at Lando. Your power doesn't rise if you are using Lando Wedge an Biggs STH and Leia. It's the same of the individual parts. However various characters boost each other.

Look at Biggs his special attack attacks calls an assist and if wedge is there he calls a second assist. However the team doesn't get any extra power rating when wedge is there other than wedges actual power rating.

A team with synergy is worth a lot more than a team without. You should pick one character in each major area and focus on them until they are seven star.

For example

Cantina Energy Lando
    Cantina store Boba
    Arena store Princess Leia
    Galactic war store Biggs
    Fleet arena store Wedge
    Guild store Old Ben

The above gives a rebels team (for arena and the Palpatine event) three very good scoundrels (for credit heists) and 3 out of the 5 characters for the cls event.

No it's not the best team in the world but it's a decent starting set up.

Also tactically try and work out a kill order before you go into the fight. Who are you going to kill first and why. If they have a tank and you aren't killing him first how will you stop him using taunt.