Hero: Second rate hero, wont change the meta in the slightest

GREAT JOB, congratulations

Replies

• Options
    Say nothing till you play with her
  • Options
    DISAPPOINTMENT
  • Options
    Wait for a few days at least before judgement. But I agree in one point. Such popular heroes should be accessible to everyone who plays the game. Make other characters p2p.
  • Options
    Antares wrote: »
    Wait for a few days at least before judgement. But I agree in one point. Such popular heroes should be accessible to everyone who plays the game. Make other characters p2p.

Im F2P and Ill get her.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Karek77 wrote: »

Im F2P and Ill get her.

you're one of the few though. The overwhelming majority of f2p players won't get her and the overwhelming majority of player who are getting her needed to spend money to do so.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Im F2P and Ill get her.

You must have gotten some pretty great luck during double drops to be able to get her as f2p. None of my guilds very high end f2p members are going to get her
  • Options

Im F2P and Ill get her.

You must have gotten some pretty great luck during double drops to be able to get her as f2p. None of my guilds very high end f2p members are going to get her

No luck needed. I new vets would be needed as soon as they announced the event. I started hoarding crystals from both arenas and bought their shards from shipments.
  • Options
    I’m a dolphin and got her. Maybe $30 in total since her announcement. Bought some vet shards in shipments and refreshed to the 2nd 200 crystal for cantina energy. I got her last night after I saw the movie. Probably could have spent less since there were two double drops and finished the vets a few days ago.
  • Options
    I’m f2p and I have over 25k crystals hoarded. Just because I could have gotten her if I decided to blow most of my crystals on cantina refreshes and buying vets shards from shipments do I believe she is realisticly obtainable for any f2p players. You could have bought quite a few gears with those crystals. What am I going to do with a 7* new Rey with no gear to put on her? So please don’t claim that f2p can get her when you have to spend 10-20k crystals minimum on refreshes and shipments. Your time spent hoarding that stash of crystals is money.
  • Options
    Haplo wrote: »
    I’m a dolphin and got her. Maybe $30 in total since her announcement. Bought some vet shards in shipments and refreshed to the 2nd 200 crystal for cantina energy. I got her last night after I saw the movie. Probably could have spent less since there were two double drops and finished the vets a few days ago.

Did the same thing. Bought the $30 pack, that's it. Horrid drop rates on Vet Han is the only reason I don't have her yet, but I will get her.

I understand some people might not have an extra $30 or may be strictly F2P based upon principle, but I don't see where those people have room to complain. I spend time daily on this game, considering a new PS4 / X-Box game is going to run you $70+, dropping $30 to get something extra every few months is nothing.

IMO the people who complain about her requiring hundreds of dollars, top arena placement and farming nothing else for 2 months are clueless and just want to complain, or planned poorly and are hoping for a handout. There are certainly things in this game that are WAY overpriced, but needing to spend $30-$50 to get a new toon every 4 months, otherwise you need to wait till the next cycle, should not be viewed as a crime against the player base.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Vorgen wrote: »
    I’m f2p and I have over 25k crystals hoarded. Just because I could have gotten her if I decided to blow most of my crystals on cantina refreshes and buying vets shards from shipments do I believe she is realisticly obtainable for any f2p players. You could have bought quite a few gears with those crystals. What am I going to do with a 7* new Rey with no gear to put on her? So please don’t claim that f2p can get her when you have to spend 10-20k crystals minimum on refreshes and shipments. Your time spent hoarding that stash of crystals is money.

So you've got 25k crystals hoarded, but you're worried about not being able to gear rey if you choose to unlock her? lmao
    Also, it's completely free to hoard crystals. Not sure how the time spend on hoarding is the equivelant of money.
  • Options
    Hoarding thousands of crystals over a month or 2 as a f2p is NOT worth it for 1 toon imo.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    Hoarding thousands of crystals over a month or 2 as a f2p is NOT worth it for 1 toon imo.

even if that toons is cmdr luke? (him being that good is the only reason i started hoarding when rey was announced)
  • Options

Technically you are getting 3 toons. The Vets + Rey.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

even if that toons is cmdr luke? (him being that good is the only reason i started hoarding when rey was announced)

Well cls didn't require 2 premium toons that were released on the highest cantina nodes 2 weeks prior of the event lol.
  • Options
    IG007 wrote: »

Technically you are getting 3 toons. The Vets + Rey.

Having the vets and rey now or 5 months later won't change them.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Well cls didn't require 2 premium toons that were released on the highest cantina nodes 2 weeks prior of the event lol.

true, but missing out on a equal or even better toon because i was too stuborn to hoard wasn't something i was looking forward to. Fat chance she's not equal or even better and i did waste a lot of resources, but yea, i bought a frappuchino the other day, so it's all good.
  • Options

true, but missing out on a equal or even better toon because i was too stuborn to hoard wasn't something i was looking forward to. Fat chance she's not equal or even better and i did waste a lot of resources, but yea, i bought a frappuchino the other day, so it's all good.

That's true. But If you think about it, one could survive in swgoh without cls.
    Other teams can get you rank 1 in arena.
    Who cares about the rancor
    You cant use the really good bb8 team, but it's not the end of the world.

The difference between the 2 come from the newer content. Luke is required for ls tb. So far Rey isn't required for anything. And with all this content we just got I don't see them adding anything new anytime soon.
  • Options
    Basically trying to not let myself be so bummed out for missing her. Meh she seems alright. I'll live.
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    I keep opening this thread thinking there will be a discussion on her stats. Silly me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Basically trying to not let myself be so bummed out for missing her. Meh she seems alright. I'll live.

basically trying to not feel like i wasted a ton of crystals. I'll live aswell haha
  • Options

So you've got 25k crystals hoarded, but you're worried about not being able to gear rey if you choose to unlock her? lmao
    Also, it's completely free to hoard crystals. Not sure how the time spend on hoarding is the equivelant of money.

I see you didn’t do too well in math, did you? 25k hoarded - 20k spent to get Rey = 5k remaining. Not much gear to buy with that unless you have a secret store for cheap gear I don’t know about.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I keep opening this thread thinking there will be a discussion on her stats. Silly me.

Since you didn't add anything to the conversation above I figured you would have posted about her stats. Silly you.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I see you didn’t do too well in math, did you? 25k hoarded - 20k spent to get Rey = 5k remaining. Not much gear to buy with that unless you have a secret store for cheap gear I don’t know about.

The math in your post isn't the funny part. I find it hilarious that you're able to hoard 25k(!) crystals, but you're worried about gearing 1 character.
    Also, 5k-15k range of crystals left for gearing. your words, not mine.
  • Options

The math in your post isn't the funny part. I find it hilarious that you're able to hoard 25k(!) crystals, but you're worried about gearing 1 character.

The even more hilarious part is you don’t seem to understand. I never said I worry about gearing 1 toon with 25k crystals. What I said was I couldn’t gear Rey up if I had to spend 20k crystals to get her. I used 10k as a minimum for those who got extremely lucky during those two double drop events prior to her release. But for anyone having avg to bad luck, you’d have to spend 20k crystals in refreshes and shipments.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

The even more hilarious part is you don’t seem to understand. I never said I worry about gearing 1 toon with 25k crystals. What I said was I couldn’t gear Rey up if I had to spend 20k crystals to get her. I used 10k as a minimum for those who got extremely lucky during those two double drop events prior to her release. But for anyone having avg to bad luck, you’d have to spend 20k crystals in refreshes and shipments.

Isn't that called worrying about not being able to gear her? Seems to me if you give not being able to gear her because you won't have enough crystals left as a reason not to get her at all, you're in fact worried about not being able to gear her. "What am I going to do with a 7* new Rey with no gear to put on her?"
    anyway, you're comment was just funny to me. I didn't even point out the contradiction. Keep on truckin' my friend.
  • Options
    £30

Ton of crystals

speed 140

HAHAHAHAHAHA