Journey to the Last Jedi

Wil
140 posts Member
I try to make as much time for reading as possible. It is tough though with all the media I enjoy, work, life, etc.

The only book I had time to read that was part of the "Journey to the Last Jedi" was Phasma. Now having seen the movie, I feel like Canto Bight would have provided much more relevant insight. Is that the one to pick up next or did anyone read Legends of Luke Skywalker or something else that they would recommend?

Replies

• Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    They censored out part of the name of a city in the Star Wars universe... Yikes.
  • Options
    Legends of Luke Skywalker is like a book of tall tales.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Wil wrote: »
    They censored out part of the name of a city in the Star Wars universe... Yikes.

I guess they did - what is offensive with the word Bight? I don't get it?
  • Options
    The name of Boba's ship is also censored, if not on the forums than in-game at the least. Even more absurd, I couldn't use the name Thor in game because it was inappropriate, yet someguy in my arena has the name ColossalButtFart. Really good job on the filter there :D
  • Options
    Like many a fan I was looking forward to seeing Mark Hamill reprise his role as Luke Skywalker. What I saw was a corporate money machine preventing such a thing from ever truly occurring as the script made him into a whiny defeatist, the very antithesis of "a new hope" for all us fans. It was horrid. Other very "basic" concepts were ignored in the story line as well. Here is just one I want to mention.
    How often have you heard of enemy combatants zooming away in the middle of a high speed pursuit to go party in Vegas then come back to fail their mission in most epic fashion. Anyone? That's what this was....one big bad Vegas encounter that felt like a promo for the Disney star wars cruise stuff. What are we down to one new order/imperial fleet that patrols the entire galaxy itself and keeps all of known civilization in check? Is Disney serious? They couldn't use that advanced "radio" technology and call corporal numnuttz at outpost pick a number to warp in directly in front of the rebel cruiser and start blasting it out of existence? Must be a vast threat to the whole galaxy with this whole "1" new order fleet group....man. I know that if I were in this universe with this super deadly single new order fleet group I've tell Luke to just give up too.....who wants to face that whole single fleet group....they are so fierce apparently.....
    Really Disney?
    Really?
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, @JoeR
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    JoeR wrote: »
    Like many a fan I was looking forward to seeing Mark Hamill reprise his role as Luke Skywalker. What I saw was a corporate money machine preventing such a thing from ever truly occurring as the script made him into a whiny defeatist, the very antithesis of "a new hope" for all us fans. It was horrid. Other very "basic" concepts were ignored in the story line as well. Here is just one I want to mention.
    How often have you heard of enemy combatants zooming away in the middle of a high speed pursuit to go party in Vegas then come back to fail their mission in most epic fashion. Anyone? That's what this was....one big bad Vegas encounter that felt like a promo for the Disney star wars cruise stuff. What are we down to one new order/imperial fleet that patrols the entire galaxy itself and keeps all of known civilization in check? Is Disney serious? They couldn't use that advanced "radio" technology and call corporal numnuttz at outpost pick a number to warp in directly in front of the rebel cruiser and start blasting it out of existence? Must be a vast threat to the whole galaxy with this whole "1" new order fleet group....man. I know that if I were in this universe with this super deadly single new order fleet group I've tell Luke to just give up too.....who wants to face that whole single fleet group....they are so fierce apparently.....
    Really Disney?
    Really?

Ive seen it but might want to keep spoliers to the designated thread unless the embargo has been lifted
  • Options
    Would much rather see more legends characters than any of the garbage character from TLJ.