Rancor Auto Solo Team

Prev1
*Disclaimer* I don't have CLS and I won't have CLS for a long time.

ANYWAY, I'm looking to try to start auto soloing Heroic Rancor. The furthest I've ever pushed was 10% into P4 with Zader, Thrawn, Tarkin, Palp, and Magmatrooper.

I was wondering if I could auto solo with this team (that I am about to list) and If my speeds aren't up to snuff what it would take to get me there.

Zader (L), G11 Spd 176
Thrawn (zE&F) G11 Spd 251
Nihilus G11 Spd 179
Tarkin G9 Spd 135
Jyn G8 Spd 160
Brush Leonidas
947-363-784
Allied Outcasts

Replies

• Options
    EP (and to a lesser extent Tarkin) aren't doing you any favors. Tarkin has 1 special on a 4 turn clock that removes 50% TM with check.

Honestly, you can probably clear if you pull EP for Jyn.
  • Options
    You could run Zader, thrawn, nihilus, jyn and Rex that would probably be able to do it or replace Rex with raid han
  • Options
    Tie fighter pilot is your friend. Use him. Jyn is the mvp of the team. Use her. Keep Zader Thrawn and Tarkin. That’s exactly who I use to auto solo. You need gear and speed on Jyn and Tarkin to make things easier.
  • Options
    I auto solo with Zader, Thrawn, TFP, Raid Han (zeta), and Nihilus. If you ever get into trouble, you can turn off auto for a few rounds and recover the protection with Thrawn then go back to auto. They deal enough damage that you generally don't have issues though.
  • Options
    So I won't be able to auto full solo with this? haha
    Brush Leonidas
    947-363-784
    Allied Outcasts
  • Options
    Zader thrawn tarkin tfp and jyn. 100% auto solo. Need 220+ spd on jyn.
  • Options

ANYWAY, I'm looking to try to start auto soloing Heroic Rancor. The furthest I've ever pushed was 10% into P4 with Zader, Thrawn, Tarkin, Palp, and Magmatrooper.

I was wondering if I could auto solo with this team (that I am about to list) and If my speeds aren't up to snuff what it would take to get me there.

Zader (L), G11 Spd 176
    Nihilus G11 Spd 179
    Tarkin G9 Spd 135
    Jyn G8 Spd 160

Drop nihilus for tie and you are looking at a auto solo squad, You need to tweak your speeds up but that's the squad that will do it
  • Options
    So I won't be able to auto full solo with this? haha

Without cls, you can always get in trouble with rng. If you're ever able to solo you'll eventually learn that.
  • Options

Zader (L), G11 Spd 176
    Nihilus G11 Spd 179
    Tarkin G9 Spd 135
    Jyn G8 Spd 160

Those characters will be able to auto-solo for sure, but you need to do some mod switching for sure. I auto with a team almost like that, but with BB-8 instead of Nihilus. If you have BB-8, I highly recommend using him, since he's amazing in the pit.

Here's mine:
    zVader (g11) - 182 speed, 72 potency, 186 crit dmg
    zThrawn (g11) - 235 speed
    BB-8 (g8) - 212 speed
    Tarkin (g10) - 219 speed
    Jyn (g11) - 258 speed

Jyn needs speed more than anything else. You don't have to mod her with potency, so focus your mods on speed. I like Tarkin with a high speed too, as his Ultimate Firepower ability comes to the rescue surprisingly often. Also, with your zeta on Thrawn, Tarkin's Intimidation Tactics helps as well. Tarkin doesn't need potency either, so he's easy to speed up with mods.

Your Zader's speed is ok. But make sure he has potency at least in the 70s, and a crit dmg triangle mod will help as well. And might as well give Nihilus a bit more speed, since 179 isn't much.
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Jyn should be minimum 215 speed to do it and g10. Also Tarkin should be faster like 180.
  • Options
    This might be a silly question and it's purely academic as I'm nowhere near autoing the Rancor, but do you get a nice big, juicy bonus for doing it?
  • BoogieWoogiw
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Zader zztrawn tarkin nihilus and ftp easly solo rancor on auto
    I used to swap nihilus with many toons just for fun
  • Options
    This might be a silly question and it's purely academic as I'm nowhere near autoing the Rancor, but do you get a nice big, juicy bonus for doing it?

Nope, but it gives you a chance for first which has the best chance for top rewards.
  • Options
    Magmatrooper is very useful in Pit as well. Zader, Jyn, Moff, Rex, magma might do it on auto.
  • Options

the bonus is that you are able to save a TON of time on raid nights.
  • Options
    Thanks Wes and Ghost.

Bacially bragging rights then, lol. Which I'm not dissing. I'll be doing the same when I get there!
  • Options
    Tie fighter pilot is your friend. Use him. Jyn is the mvp of the team. Use her. Keep Zader Thrawn and Tarkin. That’s exactly who I use to auto solo. You need gear and speed on Jyn and Tarkin to make things easier.

Even without Vader's zeta that team can clear Rancor manually. Auto? Will need some RNG help but I have done it. What usually happens is somewhere in the last stage everyone will die except Thrawn and (most often) Tarkin. Thrawn can almost solo on his own, I think the others just get in his way.

In other words, Zader, TFP, Jyn, Thrawn, Tarkin = unless they're modded wrong/slow/poorly geared = auto.
  • Options
    I’ve been autoing with Zader tarkin thrawn nihilus tfp for months now. If you have a nihilus 7 starred and tfp you’ll be good to go.
  • Options
    which is better lead, zVader or zzThrawn? If using Thrawn, you lose zVader's eternal DOTs. However Thrawn's maneuver/lead seems amazing. Currently I only zeta'd Ebb and Flow and gotten very good results. Though not full solo, can do 1.5 phases (2-3.5) with zThrawn, zThrawn, EP, Maul, Tarkin. Should I replace EP with TFP and then do more phases?
  • Options
    Teebo (l), Ewok Scout, Jyn, Cassian, BB8. Hit auto..time passes...victory
  • Options
    @Psilosin , I understand Teebo provides TM (25%?). Can you describe the highlights or a typical battle progression?
  • Options
    Teebo also removes 100% turn meter when stealthed. Jyn removes 100% turn meter every second turn also revives people if things go awry. Cassian lays down the debuffs like speed down and special attack deals big damage. Ewok scout removes turn meter on basic and deals the big damage. BB8 and Illuminated Destiny is the magic sauce that turned it from a manual team to full auto since it bumps TM and increases damage significantly.
    *If you want to be extra careful, at the start of each phase use BB8's basic attack manually to apply Tenacity Down.

Weird band of misfits but it works every time and no zetas or anything needed. FO farm to get BB8 is a pain but is pretty much on everyones todo list anyway.

• Options
    which is better lead, zVader or zzThrawn? If using Thrawn, you lose zVader's eternal DOTs. However Thrawn's maneuver/lead seems amazing. Currently I only zeta'd Ebb and Flow and gotten very good results. Though not full solo, can do 1.5 phases (2-3.5) with zThrawn, zThrawn, EP, Maul, Tarkin. Should I replace EP with TFP and then do more phases?

Zader is much better for Rancor, zThrawn lead is better for arena.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Zader (L), G11 Spd 176
    Nihilus G11 Spd 179
    Tarkin G9 Spd 135
    Jyn G8 Spd 160

I have used that team with no issues. i replaced nihilus with shore to give a little more TMR when fractured.

speed up jyn if you are having troubles.
  • TheJijja
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    No CLS here, did it with Jyn lead (speed only 157 because I’m lazy about switching mods), bb8 (speed 241), thrawn no zeta (237), r2z2 (237), and raid Han (edit: with zeta) (193). Only I would occasionally have issues with bad luck because Jyn is only g8, but with a little more gear it would be easy, then even easier once CLS comes back soon
  • Options
    TheJijja wrote: »
    No CLS here, did it with Jyn lead (speed only 157 because I’m lazy about switching mods), bb8 (speed 241), thrawn no zeta (237), r2z2 (237), and raid Han (edit: with zeta) (193). Only I would occasionally have issues with bad luck because Jyn is only g8, but with a little more gear it would be easy, then even easier once CLS comes back soon

You need to get more speed on jyn to get rid of that bad luck mine is at 251 speed last time I checked
  • Options
    Zader zztrawn tarkin nihilus and ftp easly solo rancor on auto
    I used to swap nihilus with many toons just for fun

Double Zeta Thrawn isn't necessary though
    Brush Leonidas
    947-363-784
    Allied Outcasts
  • Options
    Glorfindel wrote: »
    I’ve been autoing with Zader tarkin thrawn nihilus tfp for months now. If you have a nihilus 7 starred and tfp you’ll be good to go.

Not having TFP is killing my auto game.
    Brush Leonidas
    947-363-784
    Allied Outcasts
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    Options
    you don't need TFP bro - Wedge lead, CLS, Zolo, Biggs. 5-6 minutes.
  • Options
    farqs wrote: »
    you don't need TFP bro - Wedge lead, CLS, Zolo, Biggs. 5-6 minutes.

Except he said he does not have CLS