The mystery of Ally Character sharing - is this it?

So I posed this question when I was still a little fresh to the game, and so have many others by what "Search Results" turned out. No one every responded, but this looks like the answer:

It depends on the mode. If you do a manual battle in Squad Cantina, you will be presented with the squad leader your allies use in Squad Cantina. If you do manual battle in Light side battles, you get to use their Light Side mission squad leader. Same applies to Dark Side missions.

So if any of my allies are around, I'd love a confirmation. I put in Luminara for Squad Cantina, Asajj in Dark Side, and Bariss for Light Side.

Replies

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Good thread.

All my allies were from this forum and I don't know most of them here, but if you are seeing my Heroes I would like to know if they match my table leaders as I suspect this may be the way it works too. My ign is the same as my forum name.

L&D leaders:
    Luminara/Ahsoka/Barriss
    Talia

Cantina leaders:
    Luminara/Ahsoka/Barriss

GW leaders:
    Barriss

Since you won't see Heroes that are in your squad or be able to use them if you do, if it is leaders that can be borrowed I will change my leaders to suit allies with less common Heroes.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    I don't thinks this is how it works. One of my allies leader is Chewie but was I see is always switching so, I don't think it's leader. I think it might be the order of upgrading characters.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Keaven wrote: »

Since you won't see Heroes that are in your squad or be able to use them if you do, if it is leaders that can be borrowed I will change my leaders to suit allies with less common Heroes.

This is partially incorrect. If you see a leader which is already in your squad, what happens if you select that ally leader, the duplicate character in your team gets replaced with someone else from your own roster if you have characters available, usually your next most powerful available character..

I'm not sure what happens if you have a limited roster if you have no replacement available
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    I never truly grasped this part of the game. I do have all my ally spots filled but how this helps me, I don't know. I've never received anything for having the allies outside of the initial reward for having X amounts of allies and that was a one-time bonus and nothing has occurred since. Too bad this ally thing is such a useless waste of time.....
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Skye wrote: »

This is partially incorrect. If you see a leader which is already in your squad, what happens if you select that ally leader, the duplicate character in your team gets replaced with someone else from your own roster if you have characters available, usually your next most powerful available character..

I'm not sure what happens if you have a limited roster if you have no replacement available
    That's bizarre. I've always had to take a Hero out of the squad to see any ally versions of it.
  • Options
    This mechanic really has me confused. I am on a long overdue vacation from work so I've been getting on at all sorts of hours. I think it also has to do whether your allies are currently playing as well for them to be available. At certain times, there is no ally character available - for anything. Just the default guys. At more peak times, I can see up to 6 or 7 of my allies' characters.
  • Options
    Kabbage wrote: »
    This mechanic really has me confused. I am on a long overdue vacation from work so I've been getting on at all sorts of hours. I think it also has to do whether your allies are currently playing as well for them to be available. At certain times, there is no ally character available - for anything. Just the default guys. At more peak times, I can see up to 6 or 7 of my allies' characters.

I was wondering the same thing. This makes sense, it seems like I only see my allies at the same time frame every day. I played very late last night and there was nobody to choose.

• Options
    As the game progresses ally sharing will get much better it seems like a lot of players are using Chewbacca, Barriss, Dooka, Sidious.

I know I have one person on here who is in the unique position of being my ally and he's also on my server. So if you see this Obi Juan send me a pm maybe we can learn some things together.

If you have me which all of my allies are from here and they're all active daily players, really you guys have been great. If I could just enter an alliance with you I would. Anyway these are the guys I'm using.

Cantina leader: Barriss Offee

LS leader: Barriss Offee

DS leader: Old Daka

A lot of guys don't have Barriss so I know she's probably the one that gets used the most. Everyone probably has Sidious I was using him but will use Daka for awhile. She's not as highly owned and very useful. Just testing to see if I get more credits for bronzonium packs sharing her instead of Sid.

• Options
    Kabbage you are correct

I have 2 accounts and tried changing squad leaders for each and they change with each table.

Eg I have phasma as leader on cantina and barriss for light side mission and depending which mission I'm attempting on my other account I will get the the last leader I used on that table from my first account.
  • Options
    What they really need to do is the ability to view your allies' leaders for each table when viewing them in the manager.

So tired of getting stuck with Chewie across the board all the time... blah.

Anyone confirm which leader shows up as your icon in the ally page?
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options

That's bizarre. I've always had to take a Hero out of the squad to see any ally versions of it.

Actually with a bit more experimentation, I found what you said is partially correct and what I said is partially correct... There are some characters that if used as a leader will cause the effect you described earlier (Sidious, Barriss and Lumminara are common examples)... However there is a small majority of characters that will do what I mentioned... Chewbacca is the most obvious one in the example I used.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options

Actually with a bit more experimentation, I found what you said is partially correct and what I said is partially correct... There are some characters that if used as a leader will cause the effect you described earlier (Sidious, Barriss and Lumminara are common examples)... However there is a small majority of characters that will do what I mentioned... Chewbacca is the most obvious one in the example I used.
    I have found it's more to do with the table, although I haven't used Chewie in a long time.

Some tables save your last squad, whilst others like challenges (annoyingly) just add the first five most powerful heroes in that order.
  • Options
    So weirdly enough...sometimes my brother gets the option to use my ewok elder...I have never had him as leader a single time in this game, not once even for 1 fight...
  • Options
    How exactly do you get others to see your ally in any game table? Can someone confirm you actually have to play (i.e. Not sim) a fight so they show up for others? I have a few max allies but hardly ever see any available from them since they all sim every fight (outside of challenges).

I manually did a fight since someone requested a high level ally and that did show up for them (but nothing before) and I had been simming up until that point which is what made me think one had to actually fight for an ally to show up for others.
  • Options
    I am pretty sure that it is random based on the 5 characters you most recently used on those particular battles; Light side using light characters Dark side using Dark Characters and then which ever characters you are currently using for Cantina will be random for those 5 as well.
  • crzydroid
    7332 posts Moderator
    Options
    Theodeus wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that it is random based on the 5 characters you most recently used on those particular battles; Light side using light characters Dark side using Dark Characters and then which ever characters you are currently using for Cantina will be random for those 5 as well.

It is known by now to be the previous leader used. Please don't necro a thread from game launch to toss out your guesses. How'd you even find this?
  • Options
    most of my allies are guild mates and it is always whatever leader they last used for Light side, dark side or cantina. If you are using the same leader that ally will not show up.
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    tenor.gif

Lol how do people find these old threads geez
    @Vampire_X