Most JEDI are so UNDERPOWERED!!!

Prev1
MasterOneHit
170 posts Member
edited February 2016
With dooku and sidious's jedi counters the jedi are weak in this game. They need to do something to balance out jedi to make them more viable. The only chance they have at all is with qui gon as lead and yoda adding tenacity to slow down dooku/sid but its still to weak. Most players and people in general who play this game and generally love star wars love the jedi. so why doesn't this game at least have a balanced jedi lineup? Makes no sense. Jedi's need balanced!!!

Replies

• Options
    Is there a balanced single faction lineup that's viable and competitive? The Jedi seem like the most likely, but as you've pointed out it requires formerly exclusive or event acquired characters in most cases.

But the question still stands. What single faction squad would you consider to be viable as it stands?
  • Options
    First order are probably the most viable single faction but other than them not really. But most factions dont have enough options to choose from but the jedi have like 15 characters of which most arent that good. Also why are characters like geonosian soldier or fotp so strong and characters like mace windu (who should be great against sith) and plo koon so weak? It doesn't make any sense to me. There are very few jedi that compete at top tier which is ridiculous to me. I mean come on they are Jedi's but somehow we have toons like GS, FOTP, poggle the lesser topping the charts.
  • Options
    Qgj, yoda, lumi, anakin, old ben and bariss are all good. While aayla, fisto, ima gun, keth, plo are not

Sid, dooku, kylo are good. While maul, savage are not.

It's about the same average.

All the usable Jedi are usable in any group. I have been useing qgj since Dec, way before he entered the meta. People didn't really know how good he was until the rise of phasma, and of course now he is the main leader, but he is good as a just a toon in your line up as well.
  • Options
    Qui gon is the main leader because there is no choice but him. If hes not lead and yoda isnt on the team to go first and pop tenacity up to stop dooku from stunning immediately game over because dooku/sid are so fast and have so many jedi counters the jedi dont stand a chance. If they nerf qui gon the jedi will become useless again.
  • MasterOneHit
    170 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Remember in episode 2 when the jedi showed up in the geonosian arena and all the geonosians fled in fear? I guess the geonosians didn't realize that they could have just one shot the jedi. I mean they didnt even need the #'s. Just 1 vs 1 ownage.

Also I guess that kylo ren didn't know what an amazing group of fighter pilots he had. All he had to do was get them out of there ships and they could have just ran around and double tapped all the resistance and easily ended them.
  • Options
    Yes! Jedi Defence needs to be boosted by 50%, Offence by 30% and speed +10 across the board!
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Yes! Jedi Defence needs to be boosted by 50%, Offence by 30% and speed +10 across the board!

Sounds like a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    I really don't understand? Can someone explain this to me? I mean it.

Why does everyone want Jedi to be boosted, or anti sith? It's like most want nothing but 5 vs 5 Jedi in the game. Why so everyone yelling to boost Jedi can start yelling to nerf them?

Boost Jedi to what you all want then nothing else would be used period.
  • Options
    So your saying it makes perfect sense that geo soldiers, fotp, poggle the lessers should be top tier and not jedi? I'm not saying nerf anyone. I'm saying the jedi are to weak in this game. Look at mace windu he should be competitive at top tier.
  • Options
    So your saying it makes perfect sense that geo soldiers, fotp, poggle the lessers should be top tier and not jedi? I'm not saying nerf anyone. I'm saying the jedi are to weak in this game. Look at mace windu he should be competitive at top tier.

Using that logic, the only toon I would need is Darth Sidious.
  • Options
    Yoda, qui gon, lumi are solid jedi in this game. The rest are garbage. Sid and dooku dominate them all.
  • MasterOneHit
    170 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Darth sidious should be good against all the jedi except he should be equals with yoda and mace. But he shouldnt dodge almost every strike like it is now. Its to much. Don't get me wrong I have a max sidious and of course I use him because he owns all jedi as it stands right now.
  • Options

I don't believe that @Breetai is saying that. I don't agree with Breetai's statement about everyone wanting Jedi to be strong.

I asked what faction besides Jedi was viable. You said First Order. Some Jedi aren't viable, but the faction is according to your answer. I'd like to see more viable factions, and some Jedi adjusted as well.
  • Options
    Sure if they want to make factions become more viable if they all run together that sounds good to me. But lets make all the nobody characters like fotp, geo soldier, etc. Require certain synergies to make them perform. Not just place them in any team and start owning. If those no name characters started out weaker absolutely no one would care at all. We would never blink an eye at them. But when characters like mace windu are garbage then thats an issue.
  • Options
    As the game develops and level 100 is cap I expect named toons to shine. The no names will go back to the bench ( with 7*s ) and be forgotten. They will all be ugnaughts.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    Qgj, yoda, lumi, anakin, old ben and bariss are all good. While aayla, fisto, ima gun, keth, plo are not

Sid, dooku, kylo are good. While maul, savage are not.

It's about the same average.

All the usable Jedi are usable in any group. I have been useing qgj since Dec, way before he entered the meta. People didn't really know how good he was until the rise of phasma, and of course now he is the main leader, but he is good as a just a toon in your line up as well.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WHy are you saying aayla isnt good??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Here is what I'm getting at.

Not just this post but since this games hard lunch back in Nov I have seen Jedi threads always popping up. Either they need buffs, sith need nerfs, or Jedi need anti sith abilities. It's.one of the recurring themes on the forms.

Yet with all of that, outside of sid, Jedi are still one of the most used toons in the game. If they are being used constantly ( yes I know only certain ones and not all ), then they are not underpowered. Why buff them to be yet even more powerful? If Jedi are buffed, then yes I believe everyone would be running nothing but Jedi, as Jedi are the most used toons now.

Jedi need a weakness. And dooku and sid are it. Giving them anti sith abilities just pushes them over.

In time yes I would like to see anti sith abilities, just like I would like to see rebels with anti empire abilities, and vice versa, but I don't think the game is to the point of everything having a counter to everything.

I'm still hoping bounty hunters are made and they are anti Jedi and sith, while against normal toons just average. Only time will tell if this happens
  • Options
    First order are probably the most viable single faction but other than them not really. But most factions dont have enough options to choose from but the jedi have like 15 characters of which most arent that good. Also why are characters like geonosian soldier or fotp so strong and characters like mace windu (who should be great against sith) and plo koon so weak? It doesn't make any sense to me. There are very few jedi that compete at top tier which is ridiculous to me. I mean come on they are Jedi's but somehow we have toons like GS, FOTP, poggle the lesser topping the charts.

Oh man i totally agree there. I guess its developer interpretation so fan based knowledge (like knowing a team with mace windu, anakin, and obi wan would be near unstoppable in sw legend) doesnt apply. The jedi have the biggest group though so some degree of balance there
  • Options
    veejayti wrote: »

Oh man i totally agree there. I guess its developer interpretation so fan based knowledge (like knowing a team with mace windu, anakin, and obi wan would be near unstoppable in sw legend) doesnt apply. The jedi have the biggest group though so some degree of balance there

About viable factions first order is a juggernaut yes but the resistance is not to be slept on, with the right support 7 star finn, poe, and rey would be a true force of nature
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    OMG ... na, thats too much ... +10 speed on some jedi-chars (best example ahsoka) and nothing more, that would work fine for me. (IMO)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options

This is also what i hate about this game f*** pilot, insects and no ones are more viable than named characters. Can you make a post in general discussions EA and CG need to hear us
  • Options
    Here is what I'm getting at.

Not just this post but since this games hard lunch back in Nov I have seen Jedi threads always popping up. Either they need buffs, sith need nerfs, or Jedi need anti sith abilities. It's.one of the recurring themes on the forms.

Yet with all of that, outside of sid, Jedi are still one of the most used toons in the game. If they are being used constantly ( yes I know only certain ones and not all ), then they are not underpowered. Why buff them to be yet even more powerful? If Jedi are buffed, then yes I believe everyone would be running nothing but Jedi, as Jedi are the most used toons now.

Jedi need a weakness. And dooku and sid are it. Giving them anti sith abilities just pushes them over.

In time yes I would like to see anti sith abilities, just like I would like to see rebels with anti empire abilities, and vice versa, but I don't think the game is to the point of everything having a counter to everything.

I'm still hoping bounty hunters are made and they are anti Jedi and sith, while against normal toons just average. Only time will tell if this happens

First of all I would like to say all Team's should be viable and usable in end game Squad area, (Rebel's, Sith, Jedi, Scoundrels, Empire etc...) Unfortunately right now First Order is the only one that actually works. Also I would like to point out that for the game as a whole, the biggest flaw is the unbalance of ALL individual characters. Some are complete useless trash where others super strong. Right now the Meta is basically throw the fastest highest damage characters together with minimal synergy and boom Winning.

Having said all that. I feel most people who have Jedi (like myself) aren't getting them because they work well in end game, but simply because they are Jedi. Being F2P I don't want to have to farm random players to keep up with the meta. I want to play Jedi and still have a chance to compete with Top players. I've been farming Jedi since day 1, currently have maxed Lum/ JC/ Eeth, 6* Ahsoka/ Mace and 5*Yoda/QGJ. So basically I have most of the Viable F2P Jedi and I can barely stay in top 100 because Jedi team has horrible IA defense and half of them are useless in Squad Arena (primarily Mace/Ahsoka). The only reason why I do good on offence is because I run 4 Jedi with Poggle. I might be able to phase our Poggle with QGJ but hues we'll see. Anyways, I've even seen P2P players in the top 5 attempt to do full Jedi and it just doesn't work, even if they can beat the #1 player they drop back too fast while they aren't active and have to spend crystals every day just to climb back up. Jedi Master Ailan (SWGOH Youtuber) has recent video's demonstrating this first hand.

Long story short i'm not saying Jedi as a whole need to be buffed or that they should have anti-sith skills, though i would be more than happy to see this lol. But I do agree that we shouldn't have no-name character's out powering beloved characters. Like the compared FOTP to Mace Windu. Also I would really like unusable Jedi character's to be changed or buffed to become viable (Mace, Ahsoka, Guardian, Koon etc..) and fix any remaining IA bugs (Mace not attacking exposed character or Offee's passive not removing neg effects ever etc...)

Just my thoughts..
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    I was going to make a thread about something similar to this. There are many characters in this game that have specific anti jedi abilities. Since many of them are very prevalent in the meta it makes running more that about 2 jedi almost suicide. And yet there are no jedi with abilities to counter theses or have anti style abilities themselves. Also, most of the jedi are way underpowered. It's like they don't want us to use the most popular character type in the star wars universe.
  • Options
    There is no doubt Mace Windu need to be boosted , EA is eating SH17!!!!
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I understand what your saying about farming who you like. That was the reason boba was my first 7* I grinded up ( boy was I disappointed )

But you all keep saying ALL Jedi are weak and that's just not the case. My bracket is very competitive and I finish in top 3. In top 20 we have 2 type of teams ( and 1 rebel team that is different than all ). Droids or Jedi. That's the 2 teams in my bracket. And it's really getting to about 50/50 on it. If Jedi are so weak then none would be in the top teams.

I pulled out poe and FOTP to put dooku and sid in my line up for the Jedi teams and I give you a guess what happened. I lost. Pretty badly at most of them. Just can't compete with the Jedi teams, without droid or Jedi.

Edited to add. I consider a team running 3 or more of a certain type, as that type of team. So a team of qgj, anakin, Yoda, GS, Rey I consider a Jedi team ( that's the team of my main compitition )
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    *) Lumi is not weak (got her as a 7*, she is the best healer-attacker *cough* in game)
    *) Ahsoka is not weak (her speed sux, but her dodge rate and her damage is nice, she is not the best char ingame, but way better than many others)
    *) JC is not weak (got him to 6*, he heals 3.5k and deals more damage as Dooku 5* does)
    *) Barriss is not weak (ya, she deals no damage, but thats not her job, her ob is to keep chars alive and with her 20% hp add + heal every turn + heal on basic attack + her looks-like-a-heal-special keeps her doing her job not too bad)
    *) Qui Gon Jinn sorry, i dont have this char, i am only able to lend him now and then ... he deals good damage and his assist even more + his leader adds speed what annuls one of the most common bad point of jedis ...

even with Sid having anti-jedi bonus, he is still weak and dies fast, same goes for Dooku ...

So imo ... Jedis not the strongest (each alone) but fine in a team, they are not underpowered. They are just hard (not available) to farm. :(
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    *) Lumi is not weak (got her as a 7*, she is the best healer-attacker *cough* in game)
    *) Ahsoka is not weak (her speed sux, but her dodge rate and her damage is nice, she is not the best char ingame, but way better than many others)
    *) JC is not weak (got him to 6*, he heals 3.5k and deals more damage as Dooku 5* does)
    *) Barriss is not weak (ya, she deals no damage, but thats not her job, her ob is to keep chars alive and with her 20% hp add + heal every turn + heal on basic attack + her looks-like-a-heal-special keeps her doing her job not too bad)
    *) Qui Gon Jinn sorry, i dont have this char, i am only able to lend him now and then ... he deals good damage and his assist even more + his leader adds speed what annuls one of the most common bad point of jedis ...

even with Sid having anti-jedi bonus, he is still weak and dies fast, same goes for Dooku ...

So imo ... Jedis not the strongest (each alone) but fine in a team, they are not underpowered. They are just hard (not available) to farm. :(

Ahsoka is weak because her speed is so slow, she posses no threat in both Squad Arena and GW. Not to mention he leader ability is trash too, like Darth Maul has virtually the same ability except everyone in his squad can get turn meter when they evade. Right now Ahsoka, Koon and Guardian server no purpose in SQA & GW.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    I understand what your saying about farming who you like. That was the reason boba was my first 7* I grinded up ( boy was I disappointed )

But you all keep saying ALL Jedi are weak and that's just not the case. My bracket is very competitive and I finish in top 3. In top 20 we have 2 type of teams ( and 1 rebel team that is different than all ). Droids or Jedi. That's the 2 teams in my bracket. And it's really getting to about 50/50 on it. If Jedi are so weak then none would be in the top teams.

I pulled out poe and FOTP to put dooku and sid in my line up for the Jedi teams and I give you a guess what happened. I lost. Pretty badly at most of them. Just can't compete with the Jedi teams, without droid or Jedi.

Edited to add. I consider a team running 3 or more of a certain type, as that type of team. So a team of qgj, anakin, Yoda, GS, Rey I consider a Jedi team ( that's the team of my main compitition )

Well luck for your server people get to use Jedi. Right now the meta in my server is Phasma/Qui, Sid, Duku, Daka, Kylo/GS combination. Or Full droid, poggle, GS team.

Having said that I did point out the 4 F2P Jedi that do need some fixing/buffing, not to become OP but to become usable in Squad Arena. Also I agree that not ALL Jedi need a boost and they don't necessarily ned anti-sith abilities. Simply that the ones that aren't viable need to be made viable. Same goes for all character's in the game. Like more than half the entire game roster's are virtually useless.

That sucks about you main competition line up, keep in mind that high star Anakin and Rey are P2P so still Jedi as a whole, especially for F2P, are not viable for end game Squad Arena
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    I don't agree with OP. Most of toons in this game are underpowered, not only Jedis.

Jedis have 3 really good ones (QGJ, Yoda, Lumi), Sith for example have 2 (Sid, Dooku).
    I'd say Jedis are more than fine.
  • Options
    I use Quigon lead, Lumi, JC, Sid (all 7*) , and Yoda ( 5* until next event). Usually end the day in top 10, sometimes top 5. Would like to trade Sid for Mace or Koth, but he's just to good to set aside right now. Now if I suddenly hit the lottery, I would replace him with 7* Sekura.