Gear 12 requirements

Xerrath
177 posts Member
edited December 2017
I love having many g12 characters however locking the gear behind stars seems like a massive hindrance to teams that may be able to shake things up. With so many good characters behind pay walls gear 12 can actually make or break an arena win. The gear 12 items have massive impact on character stats is there any possibility of removing the 7* requirement for the gear?

Edit: not complaining I hold solid ranks just curious as it would open new exciting challenges

Replies

• TotenTeufel
    133 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Remember, there were a lot of complaints of a 3 star teams destroying 7* teams in the arena. Chaze for example. So any easy way to fix that was to introduce a new gear level and lock it behind 7*.
    This had a twofold effect.
    1. It made people happy.
    2. Most important, it makes EA/CG money.

Also to remove the requirement now, will disrupt the community. People will be mad, they made a toon 7* to get it to g12 and then it no longer be a requirement.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin
  • Options
    That's the whole point of g12, you don't get it unless they are 7*.

Agree or not, it's a design choice, WAI, and not likely to be changed.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    That's the whole point of g12, you don't get it unless they are 7*.

Agree or not, it's a design choice, WAI, and not likely to be changed.

I like it, this should have existed always.

Stars should matter more.
  • Options
    Moved to Feedback: Gear
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This was also a "player requested" feature. People wanted stars to matter, ever since marquee events became a thing.