Sith Team

darthnile
9 posts Member
edited December 2017
I need suggestions for a good Sith Team.
My future tean is DN Leader, Palp, Vader, Savage, and Dooku.
Dooku 'cause counter.
Vader, Force Crush and then Culling Blade, also Ability block for those pesty healers/high dmg attackers.
Savage to take out victims who survived Vader (Max Overpower).
Palp for stun and high special dmg.
Will this be viable?

Replies

• Risz
    134 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Not enough dmg, no tankiness

I eat these teams for breakfast with my FO, they won't stand any chance against meta teams.

Vader will be useless with all the cleansers and he hits like a wet noodle without culling blade on debuffed targets, replace him with sith trooper to buy time for Nihilus annihilate, but even with that I don't think it will work

Edit : Actually I think Zader lead might be better for your team, but you'll need a tank anyway
  • Options
    Depends on what you are trying to do. If you want to compete at the top of the arena then no, it isn’t viable. Not only is it simply not as good as the current meta teams but it’s a bad matchup against JTR and Nightsisters because they have percent health damage effects.

If you are trying to build yourself a pain in the rear secondary TW team then you have a good one. Dooku and Savage under a Nihilus lead are extremely annoying and can take out several teams. I personally would use Sith assassin instead of Vader, but Vader isn’t bad.
  • Options
    I'm a Sith arena team guy myself for my sins, lol!

I'd suggest from experience if you can farm Sith Trooper he'll help a ton. I run Zaul, Zavage, Palps, Vader and Nihilus. Extremely tricky to hold an arena spot with Sith without a sturdy tank. Savage is a great zeta. I recommend it.

That team should do well with Dooku's counters and health gain. Good luck and stick with them! :smiley:
  • Options
    Depends on what your shard is and what rank you are, that wont stand a chance against current meta teams but if your in lower brackets it should work
  • Options
    Lemme tell ya what I do when I see this or any Sith team. Phoenix goes in and I target Vader and kill him first. Then I slap DN with Sabine’s Dark Saber until Ezra monkey see’s him with Hera. Oh and Ezra is Jail broke from your pesky Vader silliness by Hera. Then it’s Maul’s turn to go as Dooku pointlessly attacks Zeb and Kanan. If Maul is not there then Palp goes here. Savage Or Boba are next. Then I save Dooku for last and just ping ping him around Phoenix who have not lost a snipet of health. I fo the same to Chaze/Wiggs/Boba Or Liea teams. I am in the 500’s until I can get my Imperial CLS killer team 7*d.

It’s how you play, not who you have. You Defensive Team is what holds you in place.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    As a person with a similar team to your goal, that needs some changes

Primarily, no Vader. He doesn't do much, and honestly he's pretty much a bullet sponge even on offense. Biggest problems are his lack of speed, and while both Force Crush and Culling Blade can be great, counters and tenacity up are everywhere if he gets a move in. (But the most regen I've ever seen under DN occurs under Culling Blade)

Unless Savage is Zeta'd, I wouldn't use him either. A lot of the same problems, and if someone's at half health, it's probably just easier to use a move or two from someone else than wait for Savage to be ready and probably take another hit. That said, if you've got a zeta for him, the TM will solve his problems.

To fill their spots, I would bring in SiT or Sass. Those are Cantina 8 toons that will take a while to prepare (Sass is in cantina store now tho) so suggestions to fill their spots team is Thrawn, Ezra, Sidious, R2, (meta ppl in general like CLS, GK, Raid Han) Boba, Kylo, RG

Keep in mind that a Sith team won't take you far. I left and came back on an older shard, so the team DN, Thrawn, Palp, DV and Dooku keeps me below 500 with ease. That's at g10, with DV at g8. I would make some of the changes I suggested, but I'm switching to an Emp team and splitting my resources even more wouldn't be worth it (trying to get CLS, Thrawn's last star, eventually Rey and BB8)
  • Options
    Moved to Character Strategy
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    I miss running my DN team.

Drop Vader for sure and then maybe savage if he isn't zeta'd. Then I would add sith trooper and sith asassin.
  • Options
    @HK666 , quick correction to your advice, possibly just a typo:

Sith Assassin Shards can now be found in the Guild Shipments, not Cantina Shipments.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    I could
    HK666 wrote: »

Primarily, no Vader. He doesn't do much, and honestly he's pretty much a bullet sponge even on offense. Biggest problems are his lack of speed, and while both Force Crush and Culling Blade can be great, counters and tenacity up are everywhere if he gets a move in. (But the most regen I've ever seen under DN occurs under Culling Blade)

Unless Savage is Zeta'd, I wouldn't use him either. A lot of the same problems, and if someone's at half health, it's probably just easier to use a move or two from someone else than wait for Savage to be ready and probably take another hit. That said, if you've got a zeta for him, the TM will solve his problems.

To fill their spots, I would bring in SiT or Sass. Those are Cantina 8 toons that will take a while to prepare (Sass is in cantina store now tho) so suggestions to fill their spots team is Thrawn, Ezra, Sidious, R2, (meta ppl in general like CLS, GK, Raid Han) Boba, Kylo, RG

Keep in mind that a Sith team won't take you far. I left and came back on an older shard, so the team DN, Thrawn, Palp, DV and Dooku keeps me below 500 with ease. That's at g10, with DV at g8. I would make some of the changes I suggested, but I'm switching to an Emp team and splitting my resources even more wouldn't be worth it (trying to get CLS, Thrawn's last star, eventually Rey and BB8)

I could probably farm SA from Guild Store but I don't know about Trooper. Thank you for the support!!!
  • Options
    HK666 wrote: »

And Sidious, although his Health Immunity is great, he hits like a wet noodle.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I prefer Sidious to Savage and Maul. Only reason I'm using Vader over him is cuz Vader is tougher and that fifth spot has been little more than meat shield.

My team relies a lot on stuns and Fracture. If Thrawn isn't the fastest one on the field, the entire team suffers and there is a solid chance I'm gonna be limping home with an L. Sass will likely play the same role on your team (get her as fast as you can). Point is, Sid can bring Heal Immunity and another aoe debuff. His basic damage isn't great, but he'll manage. (also, I think it's in the same league as Vader and Savage basic wise)

And yeah Sass is in Guild shipments not Cantina shipments. My bad
  • Options
    Here’s what I run. Zzdn lead, zooku, zavage, Palp, and zzR2. All G12. Fight for top 150. The Sith days are over my friend, but Here’s what will get you farthest with them.

Run DN lead and get that Zeta. It will give you survivabulity. Dooku’s counter is great with that along with his stun although he doesn’t do much damage. Palp is really squishy but deals good damage and stun helps. Savage with zeta is good to take up damage and his special can really help, especially against Thrawn teams. Final spot should be Sith Trooper for the taunt, counter although weak, and to keep your others alive. I’m using R2 simply for stun and to hide the others plus he seemed easier to farm and gear. I’m not a fan of Maul anymore because he’s too squishy and outside of Jedi doesn’t do much damage, plus you won’t run into many Jedi teams in arena either. Any Wiggs, CLS, Raid Han will one great him and he’s worthless to you dead. Same problem for Assassin, a lot of people like both of them, but I find they die way too easy. Again R2 is kind of a combination of Trooper and Assassin with one toon and I use Zavage for the tank effects. Vader just isn’t useful anymore either because his AOE will get him killed against CLS and his basic doesn’t do any damage. With all the cleansers you’ll never get enough debuts to stick for Culling blade to do anything.

A rework on Sith would really help the. To be useful but until then, their fire will be all but gone in the galaxy.