Is the military might event worth refreshing?

I need 22 more Vader shards to get him to 7 stars, and I'm predicting that R2 will be the next legendary event and will hit about the 22nd. Is it worth it to refresh the military might event to try to get Vader shards or should I try the fleet store? I've already refreshed the fleet store once.

Additionally does it matter which tier I refresh? Does Very Hard give me a better shot at Vader vs Hard?

Replies

• Options
    I meant the Vader character, but I suppose the same logic would apply. I think I'll just stick it out and hope he appears in the fleet shipments soon, and if I get too desperate I'll refresh it multiple times. Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    I'd say it's worth it if you're building empire from the ground up. It's risky if you only need a specific drop.
  • Options
    Check for achievements that give Vader.. Maybe you are close to one.
  • Options
    Shaheen wrote: »
    Check for achievements that give Vader.. Maybe you are close to one.

Unfortunately I claimed all the easy ones I could haha. The closest one and most achievable I have now is to collect 250 mods and I currently have 150. It would give me 2 shards and reduce my fleet shipments to only 4 more purchases so the thought has definitely crossed my mind.
  • Options
    It is random. Yesterday I got TIE pilot and TIE Fighter twice. Today was Vader and his TIE Advanced twice.

~D
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I need 22 more Vader shards to get him to 7 stars, and I'm predicting that R2 will be the next legendary event and will hit about the 22nd. Is it worth it to refresh the military might event to try to get Vader shards or should I try the fleet store? I've already refreshed the fleet store once.

Additionally does it matter which tier I refresh? Does Very Hard give me a better shot at Vader vs Hard?

If you have the crystals to spare and the BB8s to stomach an potentially unsatisfactory payout, go for it. You have nothing to lose but crystals. It's all random on either tiers. R2D2 is AMAZING and you can't afford to miss out on it again for months. A few crystals is a small price to pay. Good luck.
  • Options
    No it's not. 7 shards is not alot and events like that last a whole week.
  • Options
    See if you can complete any achievements
  • Options
    cadwane wrote: »
    No it's not. 7 shards is not alot and events like that last a whole week.

Nvm, 22 shards. Still too much of a gamble since the shards are random. I did the event 8 times in 2 accounts and no vader. You would probably have more luck doing fleet store refreshes

• Options
    Just to be clear I have 5 7* Empire. I have G9 TFP, almost G9 Palpatine, g8 Tarkin, almost G9 stormtrooper and a g7 magmatrooper. I was just hoping to replace the magmatrooper with a g9 Vader because I think magma will be nearly useless except to soak damage and to remove foresight.
  • Options
    Just to be clear I have 5 7* Empire. I have G9 TFP, almost G9 Palpatine, g8 Tarkin, almost G9 stormtrooper and a g7 magmatrooper. I was just hoping to replace the magmatrooper with a g9 Vader because I think magma will be nearly useless except to soak damage and to remove foresight.

You aren't gonna beat tier 7 with this squad
  • Options
    Yeah I figured as much. I might start diving into the 100 crystal refreshes at the fleet store as I've done all the 50 for the past week. Thanks everyone for all of the help!
  • Options
    No not worth it, Vader is very easy to find and get through achievements and fleet store, don't waste crystals it's not that urgent
  • Options
    If you like to gamble sure. I was hoping to get some Reaper blueprints and refreshed them once. Got Tie Advanced all 4 times that I already have maxed out.

The odds are never in your favor. If you refresh go into it assuming the worst. It's easier that way.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    well you know the second time you do it it's not guaranteed Vader drop, right?
    you get guaranteed bunch of shards and 1 m credit only the first time you do it. once for each account. After that you get 4 or 5 shards of two different empires (or could be 8 or 10 or one character) + ship blueprints. chances are high you will get some snowtrooper/rg/tfp.. so refresh is not at all worth it, i would rather refresh fleet arena shop, and ignore chirrut, fulcrum, ships and just buy vader if it appears.
  • Options
    Yesterday I got TIE pilot and his ship twice. Today I got Vader and his TIE advanced twice.

Its just random.

~D
  • Options
    By the way, i believe that anyone expecting R2's return before CLS will have an hard time
  • Options
    If you need Darth Vader shards, i would advise to rather re-roll your fleet arena store for the crystals you would spend for refreshing the Military Might event - preferably when Vader is already there (i read some players said that refresh has a good chance just to show the same chars/ships when they refreshed, but its RNG in the end). Sure, they can both be a total waste of crystals if Vader doesn't show, but my bet is on the fleet store..
  • Options
    RekiemD wrote: »
    By the way, i believe that anyone expecting R2's return before CLS will have an hard time

My theory lies completely in the fact that the last time a recurring event appeared on the schedule, it was converted into the BB8 mythic event. The announcement for mythic events clearly mentioned that they were for Legendary events and CLS is a hero's journey. I am 100% confident R2D2 is the next event.
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options
    RekiemD wrote: »

My theory lies completely in the fact that the last time a recurring event appeared on the schedule, it was converted into the BB8 mythic event. The announcement for mythic events clearly mentioned that they were for Legendary events and CLS is a hero's journey. I am 100% confident R2D2 is the next event.

Post with much logic I see
  • Options
    logic based on pure speculation, that is
  • Options
    Personally I think you are chasing the wrong toon for the R2 challenge - how far away is your Phoenix squad because Thrawn is great in this legendary event, arena, raids etc
  • Options
    Well I was hoping for Vader for more immediate results. Right now I don't have enough pheonix to even participate in the event, but they are my focus after these events.