Fleet Raid

EwenGilary
5 posts Member
edited December 2017
Just throwing it out there. It's been nagging me ever since it dawned upon me a few days ago.

Replies

• Options
    It's been requested many times, for a long time. If it ever happens, they're gonna either need to introduce a lot more ships and make them more accessible, or else take the scarcity of ships into account when they're balancing it.

In any case, the developers are well aware by now that some people are asking for a ship raid...

And a mod will probably bury this thread in move this thread to the appropriate subforum pretty soon.
  • Options
    Oh, cool, thanks for the answer. Kind of new to forums.
  • Options
    I'm sure it's on their to-do list. They do need more ships for first, and they're working on that. They have a lot of things planned, and can only do so much at a time.
  • Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I have thought that A death star raid with CLS x-wing, or a pilot luke, would be sweet. Could use the raid introduce more ships. General Grievous could get his capital ship too.
  • Options
    +1 let's destroy a death star and earn the real millenium falcon!
  • Options
    Yea a ship raid would be dope. Just not enough ship depth to implement it yet even if they tried
  • Options
    That would be awesome indeed. But what's the advantage for cg/ea? That would be a one time farm, and the point of raids is the necessity to constantly be improving your roster. It would have to be a legendary event, which would be cool, but doesn't solve the issue of wanting a fleet raid.
  • Options
    But maybe raids are a thing of the past, with tb/tw taking over. So many guilds just auto the raids at this point, and gvg is a whole new ballgame, as long as they can eliminate ties from the high end. Chimaera opened the door for fleet legendary battles, so adding one for the original falcon by blowing up the deathstar isn't a far reach.
  • Options

If it ever happens, they're gonna either need to introduce a lot more ships and make them more accessible, or else take the scarcity of ships into account when they're balancing it.

I’m sure they’d take that into account. Odds are the reward for the heroic version would be a fifth capital ship.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I say forget the Falcon, if you blow up the death star you should get Red 5 (while we're at it, can we give appropriate names to Wedge/Biggs' X-Wings?). Then you could turn Farmboy Luke into a usable character, as a pilot, making it worthwhile getting him to 7* for CLS.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    please no ;)
    i dislike ships so much, haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    We need way more ships before they can do a full ship raid. However, including a fleet phase in a new raid is certainly a possibility.
  • Options
    Its simple to do.

P1 DS ships fight off Gold Leader and YWings
    P2 LS ships fight off TIE Fighters along with Laser Towers
    P3 DS ships fight off Red Leader and XWings
    P4 LS ships fight off Vader and Black Squadron in Trench and deal damage to port hole (like altar in Ghosts of Dathomir event)

~D
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    We need way more ships before they can do a full ship raid. However, including a fleet phase in a new raid is certainly a possibility.

You’d really only need 6 or 7 per fleet, since you have to contend with enrage timers. That’d be 18-21 ships for most people, since Chimaera isn’t that common. If they tooled the difficulty with that in mind, I think it could work fine.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    HoodieDM wrote: »
    Its simple to do.

P1 DS ships fight off Gold Leader and YWings
    P2 LS ships fight off TIE Fighters along with Laser Towers
    P3 DS ships fight off Red Leader and XWings
    P4 LS ships fight off Vader and Black Squadron in Trench and deal damage to port hole (like altar in Ghosts of Dathomir event)

~D

That is a good idea. The back and forth between DS and LS is a nice touch.
  • Options
    We'll probably get a ships raid when we get Hardware abilities. :D
    That said... I think at this point raids could use some adjustments.
    What if the Rancor moved to a personal raid instead of guild? So every time your guild launched a HAAT (not naat guilds, this wouldn't apply to them) it would also automatically launch a personal Rancor battle under the same 2 day time period. Everyone would get first rewards box if you complete it, and some kind of participation reward if you can't (if you're in a HAAT guild, why can't you clear a Rancor?). Would really cut down on guild time - no one would miss out - no one would have to worry about recording a zero, they just do it when they have the time.
  • Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    We'll probably get a ships raid when we get Hardware abilities. :D
    That said... I think at this point raids could use some adjustments.
    What if the Rancor moved to a personal raid instead of guild? So every time your guild launched a HAAT (not naat guilds, this wouldn't apply to them) it would also automatically launch a personal Rancor battle under the same 2 day time period. Everyone would get first rewards box if you complete it, and some kind of participation reward if you can't (if you're in a HAAT guild, why can't you clear a Rancor?). Would really cut down on guild time - no one would miss out - no one would have to worry about recording a zero, they just do it when they have the time.

Ehhh, not a fan of a personal raid lol
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    I'm sure it's on their to-do list. They do need more ships for first, and they're working on that. They have a lot of things planned, and can only do so much at a time.

More Fleet commanders as well.

If there is a raid, with Chimaera, that's only 4 teams available.

We need a Separatist Faction Pass bringing in a fleet commander and more ships for the Seps, as well as more ships and fleet commanders for the Resistance and FO factions.
  • Options
    Ships take too long to farm there's not that many. But sure why not.
  • Options
    I do very much want a ship raid, but do not want the Death Star raid from the Light Side perspective.

Pit - Scoundrels background, rewards LS Rebel, Scoundrel Han Solo

AAT - Clone Wars, bonus to Jawas and Jed, rewards LS Jedi General Kenobi

Maybe do the Fondor mission from SW:BF2. Bonus to Empire fighters and ships.

Phase 1: Destroy a culmative of 50 X-Wings/Y-Wings (No Capital Support)

Phase 2: Destroy to Corellian Corvette and 10 Fighters (No Capital Support)

Phase 3: Protect the Dauntless against Corevette and bombers

Phase 4: Destroy the Rebel Cruiser (Standard ISD)

Rewards: Mareek Steele and Tie Defender, Vult Skerris and Tie Defender Elite, Baron Fel and 181st Tie Interceptor