My christmas wish and the future of the FO - Open Letter

I write this as an open letter to the developers.

Dear developers,
I am writing to discuss some of the details concerning the future of the First Order faction (henceforth FO) from the aspect of farming balance and faction balance.

The last two toons added as ftp after their marquee went straight to the hardest Cantina nodes (Vet Han and Chewie)
Whilst, the arena store and the GW store hasnt get any update since the Phoenix became a thing, which was middle of June.

So, my Christmas/New year wish is that the two most recent marquee, FOSFTIEP(what a name) and KyloU to be there. One in Arena store, one in GW store.
I know you guys might have different plans for them (surely more sinister ones) where they would go, but please consider my arguements.

-First, as I already pointed out, it is long time these places got the last update. Ever since,
4 new toons were added to cantina nodes
3 ships were added to hard nodes
1 ship was added to cantina store
guild event store was opened
guild event store was reworked
guild store was completely reworked
shard shop was completely reworked
fleet store was reworked & 3 toons were added
While the last added toon in GW store was Zeb and in Arena store was Kanan.

-Lack of FO farm places.
FO toons can be farmed from only hard nodes (FOST FOTP) , Cantina nodes (Kylo 2 nodes), cantina store (FOO), fleet store (FOTP) and GW store (Phasma).
I believe if FO is to be promoted to a viable team, players will need some range of choice. Bringing these two into the game was a big step indeed, but if FO dont get some diversity in terms of farming and they go hard places, that would result that the price would not be an idle investment, so their popularity in the game would be restricted to only those who have already bought them and that would result no further mentionable utility for the company.
If, something is overpriced (and I think these two and the SFTIEship are not in the top 10% best toons) , that usually result a lower crystal investment into their gearing.
In brief, the FO is the hardest team to get, yet they have a very limited use, plus there is no FO in the arena store.

-No love for newbies.
This argument is about other aspects of game balance. Again, statistics, the game hasnt produced any low level friendly toon for long long time.
Talzin (still a riddle for my how will I have her to 7 anytime ever) and the other Nightsisters are definately not for low level players.
The Vets and CHan went to cantina nodes, only CHan is available to lower level players, but still not the best choice, while the Vets are premium, being on the last two cantina nodes.
Ewoks, well I dont know if they are useful as a team at any level, but I dont think they were made for lower levels.
So again the last toons available for lower levels were Phoenix, which was again, in June(farmable)
(I didnt take the legendaries into account, because they should be for the top level players).
This phenomenon results that a game becomes overly elitists and deepen the difference between the classes, benefiting only the ones on the top (which includes me as well). This can be really unhealthy on long term for the company in the first place.
I know, the kit is given, and it might not be the one low level players need the most, but I know from first hand experience, that on low levels any toon can be good. (Esp. the self healing ones)

-Kylo is a fan favourite and not a legend
Yet at least. It should be a good enough reason to make him acquirable.

-It is profitable.
Well, to be honest, either way, it would be profitable to you. Either one you choose, we would never know what would have happened if you would had done it in the other way.

For these reasons I think it is not an irrational thing to ask to add any of the new FO toons to GW and/or Arena stores when they become farmable. Please consider my arguements, I would be very happy to hear yours as well.

Thanks for your work, and helpful mentality through the times of darkness.
I wish you wonderful holydays and new year.

Yours Faithfully,
A faithful player

Replies

• Options
    -Lack of FO farm places.
    FO toons can be farmed from only hard nodes (FOST FOTP) , Cantina nodes (Kylo 2 nodes), cantina store (FOO), fleet store (FOTP) and GW store (Phasma).

So...um....they're farmable everywhere?
  • Options
    'Member when ship shards were added to LS 9A, 9B, 9D hard nodes so you had to farm them all over again? I member.
    Just because a node already has a character shard reward does not mean it can't be modified to add another shard type. There are no shortage of places they can put these characters to make them as hard to get as possible. Which they are sure to do.
  • Options
    Problems:
    1. It's dark side, so it doesn't matter
    2. It's dark side, so it doesn't matter
    3. Even at full strength, a CLS team will devour FO.
  • Options
    Broxxor wrote: »
    -Lack of FO farm places.

So...um....they're farmable everywhere?

Compared to other ds factions having about the same number of members. Like geonosians.
    Geo spy Cantina, fleet store (two or maybe three slots)
    Poggle GW store, two hard node
    Geo solider Cantina, fleet store
    Sun Fac Fleet store (2 slots) and guild store

And it is not unique, just check the Clones, the other 5 member faction.
    That is the diversity I lack.
  • Options
    Ryzak620 wrote: »
    Problems:
    1. It's dark side, so it doesn't matter
    2. It's dark side, so it doesn't matter
    3. Even at full strength, a CLS team will devour FO.

DS is superior in fleet combat. For now...
  • Options
    Following recent patterns, those characters will not become farmable until immediately before they are required to be 7* for some other event (snoke?)