Territory War, more ties not less

2nd last TW: 38 players, 19 defence teams per territory
Last TW: 44 players, 19 defenders per territory
What??
If our opponents are anything like us, that puts a whole lot more attack teams in the battle - mutual annihilation is MORE likely
Sorry EA, you don't solve the issue of tied scores by making it more likely to happen.
--
I do hope my guild is the exception because if it's the rule, then EA has really screwed the pooch

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    yes M.A.D. is a usable battle plan. (Mutually assured destruction) but not everyone plays to lose. with a sound strategy you can win a match.
  • Options
    no guild is looking to tie but if this is typical then EA puts more attack teams in the mix, making MAD more likely.
    MAD is a problem and EA makes it MORE COMMON??
    What are they putting in their granola?
  • Options
    After reading "TW mis-match" thread, it would seem our 44-player guild was matched with 38-player guild. Assuming they have very few very low GP members, then their full 50-player guild is 80M. Guild merge brought us L83 & L69, 72M

It suggests that they would be at a higher level than us (inherently better if you like), so they're likely to be like a hot knife through butter to capture a rear Territory and then finish the map, which is what we saw.
    We were lucky to also clear their map. They made mistakes in Defence. This experience reinforces comments made in TW MisMatch - a good number of much higher powered defenders can hold off many lower strength attackers, despite the greater numbers of the latter.
    . .
    My original title, "more ties not less" should be Guild Mis-Matches Try to cure ties.
    I contend we should have lost but will say nothing about how to achieve that. We don't mind a challenge but giving us opponents we shouldn't beat is to set us up for failure. Keep doing this and more guilds will do minimal work and take the loser's reward as a gift. Set a near-impossible goal and folks will take what they can get.
    Instead of having a new combat arena, Guild V Guild will become a milking machine for both high and lesser powered guilds.
    . .
    Constructive suggestion?
    Matching total GP is too crude.
    Matching total GP of only eligible toons is a minor improvement and would still be crude & ineffective.
    I don't have the answer, maybe it's in suggestions within "TW mid-match"