New Player Help

I have been playing for a few months now and I am having problems in my battles. When I am attacking a team I select a character to kill and start killing that person, then all of a sudden my selection gets changed to a different character and I must either kill that one first or lower his energy level before I can go back to my original selection. At the same time, the other team is able to select any one of my characters without a problem. Does anybody know what is going on here? What do I need to do to my team to prevent this from happening?

Replies

• Options
    Does you opponent had a green buff over his head that looks lika a person who sweats? If so, thats a "Taunt" Buff, you can only attack him, so your target switches to him. You can either remove the buff with an ability from one of your toons (there are severall toons who can do that, but not all of them!), wait till the buff goes or you kill him.

You can prevent this to a degree, you need a toon that can apply a buff-preventing debuff and he needs to be faster then the oppentent. Otherwise, you have to deal with him.

Toons with a taunt feature are called "Tanks" and they r there to prevent you from hurting the squishy glas-cannons who wanna kill your squad. :)

/salute
  • Options
    A boba fett or cls will solve that issue
  • Options
    If he has trouble to know what a "Taunter" is, i might think he don't know what a "cls" is ... i guess, he don't own one..

But for clarification: "CLS" means Commander Luke Skywalker.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    One free character you get when you start is clone wars Chewbacca. One of his techniques taunts for 1 turns (2 when fully upgraded). This means that the opposition can only attack your character that is taunting.

One character I use is Zeb. He has a special ability that causes stagger. If you hit an opposition that has stagger his turn meter rests to zero. I often do this to buy the rest of my team time to kill someone before the taunter uses taunt.

Some people use old Ben. He has an ability that stops people using special abilities.