Quick...Now's your chance to rework Rey!!

Prev1
So the Rey event is what half over? And don't know about you guys but I am very underwhelmed by Rey. I'm on a Nov 2015 shard and there are 0 on arena teams...a bunch of people have her but no one is using her...because she is lackluster at best. They have said she should be nearly on par with CLS...and even the most avid supporters would agree that she is nowhere near as good as CLS.

So rather than just another rant I wanted to ask the developers (because I've heard multiple times that they read the forums.) to think about a hot fix rework...make her good. Do something...increase her damage (by a lot), let her hit through stealth, reducer her cooldowns, something...anything! and then let everyone know that you guys reworked her.

And its more than just make us dopes that bought crystals to get the Vets to unlock her happy...I know a lot of people in my guild and in my arena shard chat that have talked about not farming her any more because of the negative feedback they are seeing.

So this is your chance...quick!...make her better...announce it...then that would light a fire and everyone and their mom would be itching to get this new amazing character...in stead of being happy they waited it out.

I get that you are trying to slow down the power creep...but a hero's journey character is NOT the place to do it.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    3rd most used leader for #1 teams on the swgoh.gg meta report though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Yup, and the youtubers have multiple videos up of her demolishing meta teams (even on defense). Hate to say it, but the community was wrong on this one...
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Sadly everybody only cares about themselves, failing to see further than the tip of their nose. It's outright stupid how many ppl demand her rework on forum/reddit.
    I;m much more happy about her than a broken CLS. At least we might get some more variety in current meta.
  • Options
    She's getting conflicted reviews I think because she's less OP "out of the box" and needs more whale advantage in terms of mods than past metas. Rex was the mod-less wonder and didn't need speed at all much. Same for Chaze - just heal to infinity and counter attack. Same for Barriss / GK - just sit back and turtle at whatever speed and wait for annihilate. Han shoots first and gains tons of TM - he's super cheap. CLS is similar with a counter attacking lead, you can not be fast and CLS is still dangerous. Rey with R2 / BB8 though it's a fast team that cycles ahead and runs circles around you. If you don't have mods and turn order tuned properly she may seem under-whelming. I have a mix of RJT on my shard - some holding well some not - the ones holding well have very strong speed / damage mods. The guys that didn't have mods and were past Barriss / GK turtle teams..their RJT is underperforming on D relative. NS slice right through her though and even can give issues for RJT on offense.
  • Options
    Wow. Great response.

What are the team comps of the RJT teams that are holding well?

I hate NS teams. There are currently 4 in the 10 and 8 in the top 20 on my shard.
  • Options
    She's getting conflicted reviews I think because she's less OP "out of the box" and needs more whale advantage in terms of mods than past metas.

This is spot on when it comes to her and was just having this conversation with my arena shard this morning. She does just as well as CLS does for me in arena and it's fun running a different squad. The NS Cheese team does cut through it which bothers me but I'm still hopeful CG address that comp.

• Options
    If you don't have mods and turn order tuned properly she may seem under-whelming.

Couldn't agree more with this post. I think she actually may be better than CLS in the right team with the right turn order set-up. Will be interesting to see what new Resistance toons come out and how they gel too.

• Options
    I think we compare her to CLS and how OP he was. You could literally stick him in any lineup and he'd dominate. I think with JTR, she needs some synergy to really dominate. I'm happy with this.
  • Options
    Torzek wrote: »
    I think we compare her to CLS and how OP he was. You could literally stick him in any lineup and he'd dominate. I think with JTR, she needs some synergy to really dominate. I'm happy with this.

Agree with that. It's also the old 'this toon is too op straight away nerf them to hell' and 'this toon isn't meta changing in the way I immediately expected it to be needs a rework reactions.

I haven't gotten rey myself but fought one with my cls team and it was a painful experience.
  • Options
    I won't be getting her first go but I did see videos of RJT, scavenger Rey, Finn, bb8 and r2 and that team held pretty well
  • Options
    I use JTR, BB8, R2, GK and CLS.

My takeaway is = it demolishes the meta teams (CLS leads or GK/Zarris) fast. On defense it holds fine vs GK/Zarris teams and not really vs CLS leads. This is better than running the old meta team where it would be beat by either of those two, so I'm sticking with JTR.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Except CLS oddly enough seems underwhelming on a RJT team in arena
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    A rework lol. Just stop it.
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Except CLS oddly enough seems underwhelming on a RJT team in arena

I think part of that is because CLS really shines under his own leadership ability. When he's not leading, he tends to stand around a lot more, as most people have him modded to the teeth for CC/CD and offense.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    As his shard mate I can confirm no one is using her yet. I have noticed our shard tends to delay using a new toon in fear of getting targeted and dropped.
  • Options
    Jedi Training Rey is a very poweful toon, whoever says she isn't has no clue what they are talking about, much less even used her in a lineup. Pair her up with BB8, R2 and GK.
  • Options
    Nobody said she was the next CLS. Saying she would be as important as him didn't mean carbon copy. It means you haven't used her intelligently yet; and maybe that's because her perfect squad hasn't been added to the game yet. At least wait until the inevitable onslaught of ep8 characters before you rip apart a build that was clearly designed to work within a system.
  • Options
    She is good is the thing.. yes she has weaknesses, few more than Luke, but so what. A correctly sybergized and zetad rey team is killer on defense. I’ve beat out people on defense and have also lost to rey lead on offense. Use her correctly and she is good.
    She has also brought a lot of enjoyment to this game for me. On a December 2015 shard myself and many of us are running her because we had the gear/zetas ready. She is great

For instance, she has helped my buddy that is newer and in a smaller guild. He would roam in the 200+. 2 days later he is a top 20 player because of rey
  • Options
    Rey beats CLS teams EASY on offense. A team that used to take me over two minutes now takes me 1:20. It's an Old Ben/Han/R2 team, too, so it used to be semi-difficult to beat.

Rey beats GK/Zarriss teams EASIER on offense. In fact, I no longer have to worry about controlling GK so I can kill Nihilus before he annihilates. Just hit through GK, then on to Nihilus, no worries.

CLS team can beat Rey, if they're careful. But that's fine. A CLS team could beat a CLS team, my former Rex team, and a GK/Zarriss team, too. Just took a bit of time with GK/Zarriss.

A GK/Zarriss team will have difficulty beating a Rey team, if at all. The empire teams on my shard that can beat CLS, Nightsisters, and GK/Zarriss just fine have difficulty beating a Rey team.

So I'll take the new team that can beat out 1/2 (1/3?) of the old meta and wins just fine and quickly against the rest. Nightsister cheese beats her? I haven't played a nightsister team with her yet, but I used to just switch to my First Order to beat them anyways, so no big deal.

One of the best things with Rey is how autoable she is. I did 9 Mil on phase 2 on the tank yesterday. On auto. Just selected targets a couple times for faster topple, so I think I can get another topple in when I do it better and more damage when I gear up Scavenger Rey and Resistance Trooper.

On auto. That means more to me than your silly "I want her vastly overpowered everywhere" rework requests.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

#Notmyfacts :)
  • Options
    She is not getting a rework. Accept it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Fantasty wrote: »
    Jedi Training Rey is a very poweful toon, whoever says she isn't has no clue what they are talking about, much less even used her in a lineup. Pair her up with BB8, R2 and GK.

I've faced that precise team (with g12 all 3) - and still win on offense. 3 for 3 in the last two days. Is she powerful? Yes. Does she hold any better on defense than CLS or GK/Zarris. Nope. Should she get a rework? Absolutely not. Not unless they are going to rework CLS so he holds better on defense too. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I have her at G11, please tell me how to get he to be worth owning. For being as powerful as she is in the movies she hits like a little kid.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I have her at G11, please tell me how to get he to be worth owning. For being as powerful as she is in the movies she hits like a little kid.

general kenobi also hits like a little kid, like toddler compared to 2ey actually. Most tanks don't have a large dmg output.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I just don’t understand why they made her a resistance leader and a tank. She is neither in the movies and not in 7 like this character is supposed to represent. She is not even with the resistance until the very end of episode 7. She never leads any of them and she is a power fighter not a tank. She duels Kylo Ren and we all saw what she did in episode 8. Her character here doesn’t fit.

Based on the movies she should’ve better than CLS, know that isn’t going to happen.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    diangelo wrote: »
    So the Rey event is what half over? And don't know about you guys but I am very underwhelmed by Rey. I'm on a Nov 2015 shard and there are 0 on arena teams...a bunch of people have her but no one is using her...because she is lackluster at best. They have said she should be nearly on par with CLS...and even the most avid supporters would agree that she is nowhere near as good as CLS.

So rather than just another rant I wanted to ask the developers (because I've heard multiple times that they read the forums.) to think about a hot fix rework...make her good. Do something...increase her damage (by a lot), let her hit through stealth, reducer her cooldowns, something...anything! and then let everyone know that you guys reworked her.

And its more than just make us dopes that bought crystals to get the Vets to unlock her happy...I know a lot of people in my guild and in my arena shard chat that have talked about not farming her any more because of the negative feedback they are seeing.

So this is your chance...quick!...make her better...announce it...then that would light a fire and everyone and their mom would be itching to get this new amazing character...in stead of being happy they waited it out.

I get that you are trying to slow down the power creep...but a hero's journey character is NOT the place to do it.

Wow you've played this long and still remain clueless? Perhaps noone is using her yet because they have to gear up BB8 and others. Maybe they haven't figured out a way to fit her in their teams yet. Maybe lack of zetas. I think her heal immunity is incredibly powerful and at the end of the day arena is 5 characters. There are so many characters to chose from, it's not easy
  • Options
    Also don't forget that she can pull over 30 million damage in haat. That's insane, not every character has to dominate both arena and raids all the time
  • Options
    30 million in HAAT? How is that?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Someone beat all of p3 and half of p4 with her on AUTO.
  • Gamblor
    32 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

JTR lead, CLS, Thrawn, R2, BB8. About nine zetas between them, but probably not all needed. Soloed P3 and P4. I didn't auto as it was the first time so I didn't trust it. I could have definitely autoed P3, but I'm a little doubtful that I could have autoed P4.