Why is DS TB so much harder than LS? Still way overtuned

What is the rationale behind the difficulty spike? On the LS TB the star requirements match the difficulty. In phase one, we need 3 or 4 star characters, and 3 or 4 star characters can actually beat the challenge. In DS, they require 2* characters and I can’t beat a challenge with 7* gear 10, squad power 90k, zeta’d darthmaul team?

What power level characters are supposed to be able to beat the phase one challenges? Are we supposed to have g12 maxed mods teams to win? If this is phase one, and the difficulty gets harder, how can anyone be expected to beat p6?

Replies

• Options
    You want everything to be hit auto and win? I'm glad that there are areas of different difficulty in the game. DS TB still gives us something to work towards doing well at, and that is appreciated. Hard challenges to beat are good.
  • Options
    I think the idea is that this will take some time before guilds are able to reach max. stars.
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    Tekka wrote: »
    What is the rationale behind the difficulty spike? On the LS TB the star requirements match the difficulty. In phase one, we need 3 or 4 star characters, and 3 or 4 star characters can actually beat the challenge. In DS, they require 2* characters and I can’t beat a challenge with 7* gear 10, squad power 90k, zeta’d darthmaul team?

I feel like you're playing a different set of TBs than me. I don't know what you're talking about with LS 3 and 4 star characters for phase 1, and today's DS phase 1 was noticeably easier.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I'm fairly sure they made it a lot easier this time around. The last DS TB, I was saying the same thing you are, but this time i was able to complete all the missions ... including the special mission
  • Options
    I want to be able to beat the first phase with what I feel is a very strong team.

I am fine with difficulty ramping up, like phase 5 and 6. I want to know why requirements say 2*, but if I brought a 2* team in it would be impossible. My guild can’t even max star the light side version, but the LS version feels much more balanced as we can get max stars on the first 2 phases before it gets so hard we fail.
  • Options
    Because you forgot to mod your characters. This time around was clearly retuned.
  • Options
    My team all has 5* mods and 90k power. Zaul lead, EP, Zavage, dooku and sith Assassin...could not kill one elite Hoth soldier on the last fight. For phase 1, seems wrong.
  • Options
    Tekka wrote: »
    My team all has 5* mods and 90k power. Zaul lead, EP, Zavage, dooku and sith Assassin...could not kill one elite Hoth soldier on the last fight. For phase 1, seems wrong.

dunno. Maybe you should put zNihilus at lead and leave Dooku at home. Nilly's Health Down would probably help take out the Elites. Sith are not my forte, tho ... mine are neglected.
  • Options
    Zaul lead supposedly gives your characters evasion and the ability to hide in Stealth. If you run DN then SO doesnt heal as well and will die a lot easier when focused.
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    Supposedly?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Today's DS was a piece of cake.

Fixed.