Should we start farming HY for ROTJ Luke?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I don’t understand why you all think hermit yoda will be required. What would you fight? It was just him and Luke on dagohbah and they never fought each other. Yoda never leaves Dagobah either so..
  • Options
    I don’t understand why you all think hermit yoda will be required. What would you fight? It was just him and Luke on dagohbah and they never fought each other. Yoda never leaves Dagobah either so..

He would hide while luke fights vader in the cave
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

have you played the cls-event?
    so you needed a r2d2 and you had to fight with r2d2... in star wars a new hope r2d2 has never attacked any sandpeople or stormtroopers... in this movie he never ever harmed any people, like yoda in star wars the empire strikes back

and your point with dagohbah:
    luke had fought himself on dagohbah disguised as vader... so there is a battle where hyoda could/will be needed

a commander luke without r2d2 is not imaginable because without r2d2 the deathstar were still operating and the rebel alliance (and also luke) were crushed
    a jediluke without yoda is also not imaginable, without the training luke were frozen in carbonite and so he couldn´t complete his last task to be a jedi:
    Yoda: No more training, do you require. Already know you that which you need. Luke: Then I am a Jedi. Yoda: [coughs trying to speak] Not yet. One thing remains: Vader. You must...confront...Vader. Then, only then, a Jedi, will you be. And confront him, you will.
    Post edited by jedilord on
  • Options
    It's always best to err on the side of caution. The reason I ask this question is because it's a HUGE commitment of resources to 7* HY. I was kind of hoping to find a bullet-proof reason for or against so that I can make my choice and be happy about it.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    SwiftMooky wrote: »
    It's always best to err on the side of caution. The reason I ask this question is because it's a HUGE commitment of resources to 7* HY. I was kind of hoping to find a bullet-proof reason for or against so that I can make my choice and be happy about it.

yes it is so simple...
    you will need 5 toons for the event, one of them will be cls... and one of them will be released shortly before the event (because of $$$) and now you have your own choice which other 3 toons will be needed for jedi luke...

if you find a person from the movie(s) that is more important for lukes journey than hyoda than farm this toon instead^^
  • Options
    I'll at my pennies worth.

Let's look at Luke's journey in Empire strikes back.

Hoth
    Luke and Captain Han Solo outside the base, Luke fights a wampa.

Leaving Hoth the gang splits up, Captain Han Solo and Rebel Officer Leia go to the asteroid field, but this isn't in any search of Luke, so not really part of his journey.

Luke goes to dagoba, hermit Yoda instructs, and the only thing like a fight is in the cave, Luke isn't really in danger so there could be a special fight here with a fake Vader.

Bespin (Cloud City)
    Luke fights his way through cloud city trying to get to his friends. R2 is with him. He takes for from Boba.

Leia gets help from Lando and Lobot in trying to get Han back, and trying to get to the Falcon which they fly back in to get Luke.

My guess at requirements
    CLS
    R2
    Captain Han Solo
    A version of Leia (hopefully not ROLO)
    Lando ( I can't see them requiring Lobot)

And I think most of the fighting will be on Bespin.

Won't be farming Hermit Yoda because he didn't fight anyone and he didn't go in the cave, it was a pretty big plot point that Luke be alone in there without Yoda
  • Options
    I'll at my pennies worth.

Let's look at Luke's journey in Empire strikes back.

Hoth
    Luke and Captain Han Solo outside the base, Luke fights a wampa.

Leaving Hoth the gang splits up, Captain Han Solo and Rebel Officer Leia go to the asteroid field, but this isn't in any search of Luke, so not really part of his journey.

Luke goes to dagoba, hermit Yoda instructs, and the only thing like a fight is in the cave, Luke isn't really in danger so there could be a special fight here with a fake Vader.

Bespin (Cloud City)
    Luke fights his way through cloud city trying to get to his friends. R2 is with him. He takes for from Boba.

Leia gets help from Lando and Lobot in trying to get Han back, and trying to get to the Falcon which they fly back in to get Luke.

My guess at requirements
    CLS
    R2
    Captain Han Solo
    A version of Leia (hopefully not ROLO)
    Lando ( I can't see them requiring Lobot)

And I think most of the fighting will be on Bespin.

Won't be farming Hermit Yoda because he didn't fight anyone and he didn't go in the cave, it was a pretty big plot point that Luke be alone in there without Yoda

Thank you for this! For someone who has only seen the original trilogy once, this was extremely helpful!
  • Options
    I would farm him. You dont want to regret it later
  • Options
    I would farm him. You dont want to regret it later

You could be screwed either way. Look at how much G12 gear you could have had instead of a Yoda character that you never use but wanted just in case.