Reshuffle the PvP shard?

I think it's time that the PvP shard be reshuffled maybe once a year. The reason I bring this up is that it is quite possible that some guilds or a group of guilds may have control of a shard. Thus making it quite difficult to almost impossible for someone not in one of those guilds to get in the top 100 or top 50 rankings.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

The dev team have stated they don't have the capability to do this.

There are also too many issues that arise when trying to do this.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nah, too much of a hassle. Being on a guild/shardchat dominated leaderboard just sucks, but a reshuffle would suck more for more people.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    The dev team could do this, (they claim they can't, but they've claimed they couldn't do a lot of things, then done them anyway) but why? Everyone would just find a new group.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Roahn wrote: »
    I think it's time that the PvP shard be reshuffled maybe once a year. The reason I bring this up is that it is quite possible that some guilds or a group of guilds may have control of a shard. Thus making it quite difficult to almost impossible for someone not in one of those guilds to get in the top 100 or top 50 rankings.

+1 I personally think it's a huge issue that doesn't get brought up much. It's a completely unfair arena system. Every shard is completely different. Some gave really low numbers of players others have a huge number of players on the same payout others are spread out. It would be nice for it to change. At some point.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Moved to correct sub forum.

The dev team have stated they don't have the capability to do this.

There are also too many issues that arise when trying to do this.

The only quotes I've seen/found say that they have no plans to do so, not no capability... Can you provide a link?
  • Options
    This won't fix anything. Those that use discord or line would find each other the next day then by the end of the week the top 20 would know each other's payout and work together.

Most shards it's the top 20 or so that work together..I seriously doubt there are so many people on a shard chat preventing people from getting into rank 50 or rank 100 lol. If you're having problems getting into the top 50 or 100 it's not because of a mass control groups that's stopping you...it's because you need to rework your team/mods/gear/strategy etc.

I'm in a shard chat...I can honestly tell you we can't see who enters the 100s and we don't care who enters breaks into the 50s ranks.
    The world is watching as I take my last breathe.
  • Options
    I'm in a shard chat...I can honestly tell you we can't see who enters the 100s and we don't care who enters breaks into the 50s ranks.

You're right you can't see others that are lower in rank in PvP ranking but once they defeat your squad and push you out of the top 50 you'll care. If you didn't then you wouldn't be in the top 50 or top 20 or top 10.
  • Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but if I had payed attention when this started 3 years ago. The strategy I would've used in forming my guild would be to get people on my pvp shard in my guild so that we could possibly control the shard with the entire guild before another guild on the same pvp shard figured this out. Makes sense to me and after seeing some posts out there sounds like it's been done.
  • Options
    Roahn wrote: »

You're right you can't see others that are lower in rank in PvP ranking but once they defeat your squad and push you out of the top 50 you'll care. If you didn't then you wouldn't be in the top 50 or top 20 or top 10.

But that's the thing...ill never be pushed out of the top 100/50 nor the top 20 because I actually use the best squads, best mods and I actually use all 5 battles everyday along with refreshing from time to time, along with logging in multiple times a day to check my rank and make sure that I climb up before dropping too far.

It's called determination...along with having the appropriate geared/modded/toons.

So what's really the difference between what I do and what you're doing? It safe to say...you're doing something wrong. Now you want EACG to step in and help you out because you couldn't do it yourself...and you want the rewards of the arena payout like I am getting and have been getting.

You know there comes a time when you have to just put in the time and work to get what you want. Can't always have something handed to you in a silver platter.
  • Options
    I'm not saying there aren't guilds or players controlling their shards...I'm sure that does happen...but you make it sound like you can't get into the top 100 or 50 because of these guilds and players when it really sounds like you are exaggerating...like a lot.
  • Options
    Cupid shuffle event confirmed for Valentine's Day
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner