How far can I expect to move up in arena?

I’m about to zeta raid han and will have him at 7* after our next pit raid, and in anticipation of CLS supposed imminent return, I’m planning to switch my arena team up. I currently sit between 200-300 with my troopers (I’ve been using them since I haven’t worked on a team for arena in a long time in favor of hAAT teams). I want to run CLS, Han, Leia, R2, and either old ben or another rebel. If my troopers are 73k GP how much better can I hope to do with an actually arena viable team?

Replies

• Options
    I use the team you suggested above with ST Han and am always under rank 50, and a few days a week I make it into the top 20. Team power 98k.
    Note all of the attackers have 200+ speed stat, R2 fastest so he can smoke screen before Leia goes second.
    ST Han has 4x protection primary mods, health set and Zeta.
    2x Zeta's on Luke and R2.
    Zeta Han Solo
    I do not have a Zeta on Leia yet, will do soon if I don't replace her with ATF, still undecided there.
  • Options
    CLS, Han, Ben, R2, +1 can get you to the top, I was running that quad with Thrawn until Rey came out. Leia is a great choice for that 5th until you start facing General Zarriss teams, you need either DN or Thrawn in that spot for those.
  • Options
    zHan Solo is so beast. Gear 12 if you really want him to survive... as you start to move up you will run into other zHans and big burst damage. As mention... super fast R2 is useful and a pre-taunt helps but until you get to gear 12, you might find he's too squishy.

The reason you'll need the G12 is because you'll run into another zHan and they get to go 1st sometimes... They will ignore pre-taunt and take out your lower gear Han before he every gets to go.

With the team you're looking to run, top 50 at payout doesn't seem unreasonable at all. All Gear 12 and modded right, should be able to get top 3 pretty regularly (depending on your shard).
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    You will do very well. If you keep gearing your rebels to g11 and g12, you can reach the top. Just make sure to have good speed. And as others have mentioned, r2 first, then leia to get her offense up.

But you need a good tank like GK or Chaze or even old ben to be comfortable.

Exactly how high you can reach depends on how old your shard is, but do t sweat it.
  • Options
    One other note about Leia, she is terrible on defense. She doesn't use her stealth while she is already hidden to keep it rolling with the buffs so she wastes a lot of turns where she should be tearing things up.
  • Options
    With g12 and some good speed mods you could take first even on the oldest of shards, I would recommend gk as your 5th when you get him
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! Working on han’s gear right now, he eats purple gear for breakfast but I’m one biotech implant away from g11. My shard is about a year old. I don’t have gk, thrawn, or nihilus yet, and kind of want to run all rebels (TLJ triggered my nostalgia), but will take all these suggestions into consideration and will probably change to one of them once they are available to me. Would Ezra or Fulcrum be a better choice than Leia? I’m so excited to finally 7* han and the fact that CLS is presumably around the corner makes it even better.
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'd stick with Leia over those 2, if you really want a solid rebel team old Ben would be the way to go on the 5th
  • Options
    Oh and about the power your gonna want to be around 95k to take first
  • Options
    Here is a suggestion I made to another wondering about Fulcrum:
    Are they still in? Would gen ken lead, zeta barriss, cls, r2 and fulcrum be worth building?

For Squad Arena... as mentioned Fulcrum needs reliable and multiple unique buffs. Not only that, the opponent need NOT have multiple and/or reliable debuffor. Nothing worse than getting Meditate off just to see Baze take them all away. If Fulcrum could gain unique buffs and "store" them until Whirlwind... she might actually be awesome.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    Ok good to know. I already have old ben at decent gear so I’ll just keep him as fifth and go with that squad. 95k is going to take awhile, but hopefully once we get hAAT rolling without any trouble, I can fully focus on my arena squad (at last)
  • Options
    Well once you got all 7zetas that's like 16k from them
  • Options
    Depends a lot on your shard i guess. Teams you all are mentioning with g12 zolo are a dime a dozen in the top 100 of my shard. Solid gold teams with cls r2 han etc are the norm.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Atf and leia are in another league. Bother are very solid if you use them properly.

Ezra is good, but not on their level. He dispels and call an assist, but atf and leia can demolish that target even better.

Your 5th needs to be a tank
  • Options
    While CLS is a top tier leader, we can just say how high you'll rise, this depends on alot of things especially how fast your mods are compared to your arena shard and your gr lvl and Zeta and how skilled you are at fighting also.

With CLS you have alot of potential, how high you will rise that depends on the what I mentioned above.
  • Options
    Thanks appreciate the feedback. I’m aware I can’t just plug him in without gearing him well and giving him good mods and expect to do well. I was just wondering since I haven’t focused on arena in awhile and wanted to hear from some people who had him.