Need help for a sec (resistance in squad arena)

I have...
Finn zeta on lead
Poe
Scavenger Rey
R. Trooper
R. Pilot
R2

Who's the odd man out in squad arena?

Thanks for your time

Replies

• Options
    Rey
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Rey? I don't use Resistance but Pilot is always the odd man out in teams I have seen in the squad arena
  • Options
    Rey. You need the extra expose chance from RP.
  • Options
    Exactly, Rey only brings damage to the table. Resistance is like the Pit raid, damage is highly irrelevant, since once it starts rolling you should be the only one taking turns.
  • Options
    I used rey and left out the pilot. Hover under 200 in the arena.
  • Options
    Do i make Poe the fastest, or R2? And also, once i figure that out, do i use smoke screen on Poe?
  • IronRanger
    203 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Rey for starters, then when you get bb8, drop Pilot. Now if you get JTRey, then you want ScRey, R2, BB8, and a 5th..I am having some good success running Resistance Trooper as my 5th but experimenting with others.

Poe should be the fastest so you can get off as many exposes as possible
  • Options
    Who do i use smoke screen on? Does it vary depending on the fight?
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

I use zFinn, Poe, RT, R2, and Rey in my arena squad. I almost never bother with smoke screen, since if I'm winning, the opposing toons are almost always stunned, dazed, and at zero turn meter. Smoke screen has no real purpose at that point. If I'm struggling, I throw smokescreen on Poe or Finn, whichever happens to be taunting.

Edit: That being said, if you're not using zScavRey, and playing against a CLS lead, you'll want to use smokescreen right away, probably on Poe. You're likely going to struggle either way though, since there's a high chance you'll get eaten by CLS's turn meter shenanigans (gain turn meter when rebels are damaged), followed by counters when smokescreen wears off.
  • Options

I use zFinn, Poe, RT, R2, and Rey in my arena squad. I almost never bother with smoke screen, since if I'm winning, the opposing toons are almost always stunned, dazed, and at zero turn meter. Smoke screen has no real purpose at that point. If I'm struggling, I throw smokescreen on Poe or Finn, whichever happens to be taunting.

Edit: That being said, if you're not using zScavRey, and playing against a CLS lead, you'll want to use smokescreen right away, probably on Poe. You're likely going to struggle either way though, since there's a high chance you'll get eaten by CLS's turn meter shenanigans (gain turn meter when rebels are damaged), followed by counters when smokescreen wears off.

Do u only use Rey scav because of her zeta over using pilot?
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

That and she brings the pain. Un-evadable, irresistible daze isn't flashy, but it is useful. But also because she's one of my favorite characters, and one of the first ones I invested heavily in when I first started playing. I usually find that Poe, RT, and Finn can provide enough exposes to win a given match.
  • Options

Use smoke screen on whoever is taunting to give them foresight.
  • Options

That and she brings the pain. Un-evadable, irresistible daze isn't flashy, but it is useful. But also because she's one of my favorite characters, and one of the first ones I invested heavily in when I first started playing. I usually find that Poe, RT, and Finn can provide enough exposes to win a given match.

Same here. She is a favorite of mine as well and one if not the best all around damage dealers in the game. Plus my pilot is sitting at g8 while rey is 11. I was one of the lucky who got JTR, so my team is gonna be changing a bit. Viva la resistance!!
  • Options
    I used to use scav Rey over pilot running that team. Scav Rey brings big damage and works well with zfinn