First order tie pilot vs IG 86 Sentinel

Prev1
TheVem001
229 posts Member
edited February 2016
Hello,

I am currently (at the time of posting this) a rank 1 on my server and have a question about First order tie pilot and IG 86 Sentinel. I have noticed that IG 86 hits comparable to Tie fighter but seems to have more than triple the HP. I am debating which one to do as a pet project over the next week and was wondering if anyone that has them both leveled, and would be willing to share stats and user opinion on them compared to one another.

Thanks in advance for any constructive replies.

Here is screen shots of my Roster and rank.

f57a2d8.png

f817bda.png

fb0374e.png

fcaccdf.png

029f9e4.png

00bf167.png

* edit fixed title error

Replies

• Options
    Officer or pilot? Your post and title are conflicting characters ;)
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options
    aye caught that and fixed sorry for that one. That's one quick reply though Bravo!
  • Options
    I think you should go for pilot since you already have phasma and kylo maxed out.

They will make a good synergy with phasma as the leader. But i never try that out in arena since my first order team is just 5-6 stars. I just use my first order team (phasma, kylo, tie pilot, FOO, and FOST) as a suicide team in GW so my main GW team can heal and recharge their abilities for the next opponent.
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply Destroyer,

However; I am not to concerned with synergies just viability in Speed/ dps /survive ability. I have characters that call an Ally attack. This makes phasma a mute point overall compared to Jedi Speed gains and Kylo is more like a pit-bull without the teeth imo.

Thank you for your input though ;)
  • ChaosDoom
    87 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Both have about the same HP as 7*. If you have droids and GS to synergy, go for 86 as your pet project else stick on to FOTP. 86 is easy farm by the way, 2 nodes and GW shipments. I got mine from 1* to 7* in less than 2 weeks.

By the way, please give me some feedback on my proposed team setup. It's planned for the coming Thursday patch.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/15060/will-rg-be-game-changing#latest
  • Options
    ChaosDoom wrote: »
    Both have about the same HP as 7*. If you have droids and GS to synergy, go for 86 as your pet project else stick on to FOTP. 86 is easy farm by the way, 2 nodes and GW shipments. I got mine from 1* to 7* in less than 2 weeks.

By the way, please give me some feedback on my proposed team setup. It's planned for the coming Thursday patch.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/15060/will-rg-be-game-changing#latest

The farming part is where I made my decision. I also got Him to 7 very fast, he also has a cantina shard drop stage
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    I would work on FOTP. I don't have 86 with max gear, but I don't believe the HP is close to triple . Someone can correct me if I'm wrong tho. Here's my FOTP max gear, and 86 with one slot from gear 7

2rwndx2.png
    2pt4dv7.png
  • Options
    Thanks ChaosDoom, Do you have any sheet numbers referencing speed? I think I have the stars almost covered for IG 86 235 current shards - 65+85+100 = -15 so its not much of a farm star wise. However; I heard from the grape vine that Grievous is going to be shard shop exclusive character. This may make IG86 synergistic-ally a lot more viable. If I only had the damage spread on each I could plug em into SPSS and post the output File Screen shot. damage done 35x each (exact damage) would be awesome.
  • Options
    Even after his nerf, TIE Pilot is still hands down the best damage in the game.
  • Options
    @ Tony167

Thanks for the Sheet, Your a God Send! Your on Gear lvl 6 with IG 86 7-8 is a hefty bit. Does anyone have sheet for IG-86 @ T8 ?
  • Options
    @ ChaosDoom,

I will look at it and comment in a few.
  • Options
    No problem. Yeah still havnt brought him to gear 7. Sorry I couldn't help more.
  • Options
    @ Tony167,

No worries you helped bunches by providing FOTP sheet! Another critical component is the AI any insights?
  • Options
    The amount of damage FOTP does with his basic and special make it very hard for the AI to mess his turns up. So as long as he can get a turn off, The majority of the time he's gonna take someone out for you
  • Options

Done.
  • Options
    Sigh, outta 285 views no one has IG-86 Max sheet or input on the AI?
  • Options
    I have the maxed out IG 86, but i dont know how to share my screenshot. Please enlighten me

• Options
    Thanks Destroyer,

If you are on a IOS device you would simultaneously press the home and power button to take a screen shot. From there the picture needs to be uploaded to a hosting site and then the link to it would go in the drop down menu from the paper icon in the forum fourth from the end under reply. Unfortunately, I need the sheet for IG-86. I am truly appreciative for your willingness to help :)
  • Destroyer
    33 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is it
    http://prntscr.com/a6ek3t

prntscr.com/a6ek3t

the paper icon doesnt work :(

• Options
    Destroyer wrote: »
    This is it
    http://prntscr.com/a6ek3t

prntscr.com/a6ek3t

the paper icon doesnt work :(

Thank you soooooo Much !!! I am going to run this info through SPSS and do a statistical comparison between the 2. Do you have any insight on the AI? and verifying this ig-86 is maxed right? TYTYTY

• Options
    d34d38f.jpg

Here is the sheet that Destroyer provided for those who are following the thread.

Thank you Destroyer!
  • Options
    this
    [img][/img]2553xv9.png

• Options
    Hauzer wrote: »

oh so nice! thank you. any comments on the Artificial Intelligence (AI) that the game uses on Auto Play? This is important as we all can see with Yoda's AI.
  • Destroyer
    33 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    TheVem001 wrote: »

Thank you soooooo Much !!! I am going to run this info through SPSS and do a statistical comparison between the 2. Do you have any insight on the AI? and verifying this ig-86 is maxed right? TYTYTY
    Yes bro this IG 86 is maxed out in terms of level, gear and abilities.

I dont know the AI for this particular toon, but as a squad it sucks. I use Poggle(L), GS, 88, 86 and 47. All of them are maxed out. I can defeat anyone for the throne, but they can easily take it back :(
  • Options
    Understood, can you take a bro hit and run IG-86 in tonights GW a couple times on auto in the start and Record which skills it utilizes and classes it attacks? This would be sooo helpful, and I get it if you don't want to.
  • Options
    Sorry as I were out for lunch so unable to provide the IG-86 screenshot. The AI that control IG-86 is good and simple. It always use special (Assist) after 3 turn cooldown. 1st hit from special (IG-86) average 6k non crit.
  • Options
    @ ChaosDoom That is big, can anyone else verify? I need to factor in assist to its dmg variance so frequency is huge.
  • Options
    Sorry as I were out for lunch so unable to provide the IG-86 screenshot. The AI that control IG-86 is good and simple. It always use special (Assist) after 3 turn cooldown. 1st hit from special (IG-86) average 6k non crit.

Yes i usually use auto in challenges and see the same pattern for IG 86 (and Poggle, IG 88, HK 47 and GS). They always start with the special and use the basic until the special available again. No problem in that though. The problem lies on who they are shooting at :(

I wish they always aim for their best attacker, then it will be very good
  • Options
    Chaos - Did you mean crit for 6k?