Is it legitimately possible?

My Leia is 4* 29/65, farmboy 3* 10/30, and OB locked at 13/80. I am finishing TFP currently 6* 71/100. Even if I were to spend some money, would it be possible? What would be the best route to obtain the shards required (outside of farming nodes)? Thanks for your input.

Replies

• Options
    You are better off to plan for the future events than try to get CLS this time around. You have way too far to go, in my opinion, to feasibly make it happen without spending a ton of money.
  • Options
    I don't think it's doable either, even if you unlocked them there's still levelling and gearing. I know there's the packs for the required CLS toons but not sure if there's a purchase limit on them like the Vets had.

Try get TFP if he's the last one for R2 (he's fantastic), then maybe workout the cost for getting CLS I'm pretty sure it's be horrendous
    with 221 shards needed for Leia, 290 for farmboy Luke and 172 for Old Ben. Is ST Han at 7* already since he wasn't mentioned?
  • Options
    COFFEEEEEE wrote: »
    My Leia is 4* 29/65, farmboy 3* 10/30, and OB locked at 13/80. I am finishing TFP currently 6* 71/100. Even if I were to spend some money, would it be possible? What would be the best route to obtain the shards required (outside of farming nodes)? Thanks for your input.

Absolutely NOT. I have started playing back in July and only NOW I got R2 to 7*, and I am finishing putting my Leia and R2 to g9, hopefully I will get lucky and get my CLS this time around, but still took me 5 months (F2P) to get everything ready for both Daring Droid and Hero's Journey events.

There is a reason why these are called "Legendary" events. They are not supposed to be easy and for new players. But don't worry you'll get CLS eventually, just take time, patience, focus on your goal and dedication.
  • COFFEEEEEE
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yes, STH is 7* g9. Both Leia and farmboy are currently lvl 53 and 1 piece away from g7 each. TFP is now 18 shards from 7*, and then I can obtain 7* R2.

I have been f2p, and patience and focus are not a problem. I accept the fact I may not get CLS this time. I am just rationalizing situations where it could happen. I'm willing to spend if it doesn't put me behind in my arena shard.
  • DevinSackfield
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    It depends on how much you're willing to spend, honestly.
    Firstly, how many arena tokens do you have? Could you finish Leia by just farming by the end of the event? If not, then there's no point (unless you REALLY want to try your luck with the crystal pack they'll unveil at the start of the event)

Secondly, Luke requires luck from guild shipments or you can farm him on his hard node or through cantina. Keep in mind that farming Luke through the cantina will conflict with working on OB.

Thirdly, How many crystals do you have saved? Can you refresh multiple times per day on the cantina to get OB (and possibly finish Luke)? According to a cantina calculator, it will take you 12 days at 4 refreshes per day and 10 days with 5 per day.

Lastly, there will be the $20 packs for each of the 4 farmable characters containing 80 shards each. This will move your OB time times from 12 to 9 days and 10 to 8 days, which you could use to finish TFP for R2 as well as work on Luke through the cantina. You'll also need to gear them (excluding OB because, *spoiler* he's used as a sacrifice)

TL;DR
    If you can't finish Leia in time through refreshes as well as the 20$ pack and you aren't willing to risk it on the crystal packs, no it's not worth it. If you're willing to drop some money for a character that'll change the game for you, then I would tell you to go for it. I think you'll essentially need to buy each of the character packs for the characters you don't have finished and possibly some crystals if you don't have a few thousand saved up for cantina refrehes.
    Edit: Forgot OB is also in the guild store so that may help a little bit as well.
  • Options
    @DevinSackfield fantastic feedback. Knowing how game changing CLS is, I am willing to go for it. I Finish typically in the top 10, sometimes top 5 of my arena so I can net 10 Leia shards a day, and 15 shards roughly every 4 days. I also place 1 or 2 in fleet which will help with crystal income for refreshes. I need 216 Leia shards. Between the pack, shipment purchases of 2-3 shards, and arena shipments I would be cutting it close. But what I forgot was the guild events store. Both Leia and farmboy have shown up there with regularity. I think that may be the tipping point to get it done. I have enough crystals to refresh 5x per day.
  • Options
    Glad I could help. I would encourage you to do it and I don't think you'll regret it at all. Good luck! @COFFEEEEEE
  • Options
    Id be curious if you make it, post back and let us know. Personally I feel you are too far away and it will cost you a fortune (Still have to get R2 which is no cakewalk) I know if I spent a fortune just to unlock him id hate myself but everyone is different. GL!
  • Options
    I can give you a current status update on progress. I have 7* R2 now. Here's the rundown:

R2 7* 1 piece from g8
    Han 7* 2 pieces from g10
    Leia 5* 33/85 shards 2 pieces from g9
    Ben 5* 4/85 shards 2 pieces from g8
    Luke 3* 22/30 shards 1 piece from g7

Based on probable packs I believe Leia and Ben will make it. Where I will have trouble is getting Luke there. I don't wish go break the bank on this journey. I have made a ton of progress but I think I may fall a bit short. We shall see.
  • Options
    Good luck!!
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Well with 5 days and 14 hours left until the event is over, I need 190 combined shards of Ben and Luke. The 5x cantina refreshes have made it much closer than I expected. I also have both the guild and guild events stores for shards. Maybe it's possible?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    One tip I have for you. Both old Ben and farm boy Luke occasionally appear in the guild store.

Don't finish one with cantina energy today and move onto the other. Once you do that the one you are finished with will probably appear in the guild store.

So if you are closer to finishing old Ben bring him to 90/100 and work on farm boy Luke in case he appears in the guild store,
  • Options
    Well with 5 days and 14 hours left until the event is over, I need 190 combined shards of Ben and Luke. The 5x cantina refreshes have made it much closer than I expected. I also have both the guild and guild events stores for shards. Maybe it's possible?

190 ÷ 5 is 38 shards a day. Based off the 1/3 drop rate you have to sim 114 battles which is 912 cantina energy a day. The three refreshes plus natural energy gain and bonus energy is only 525, I'm not even sure how many refreshes you can buy at 200 crystals.

Dumb question but have you bought the packs for both of them?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    JediJim wrote: »

190 ÷ 5 is 38 shards a day. Based off the 1/3 drop rate you have to sim 114 battles which is 912 cantina energy a day. The three refreshes plus natural energy gain and bonus energy is only 525, I'm not even sure how many refreshes you can buy at 200 crystals.

Dumb question but have you bought the packs for both of them?

Assuming he has guild currency and guild event token currency he may get 10 shards a day with some luck between those two stores. Luke is in a hard node too so he might get 1-2 a day.

So instead of 38 shards a day he might get lucky with 26 shards a day.
  • JediJim
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Assuming he has guild currency and guild event token currency he may get 10 shards a day with some luck between those two stores. Luke is in a hard node too so he might get 1-2 a day.

So instead of 38 shards a day he might get lucky with 26 shards a day.

Would have to very lucky for them to pop up enough, I don't want to advise full steam farming without reasonable certainty.

If he hasn't bought on of the character packs it should be doable as then it's 110 shards instead of 190 and at 22 a day (I don't include lukes hard node as OB doesn't have one) it's possible, would only need them to drop once or twice in the shipments to a difference then.
  • Options
    So I actually calculated the total with 80 shards from each pack factored in. I got seriously lucky today and both Ben and Luke showed up simultaneously in the guild store. Now need 170 shards in roughly 5 days.
  • Options
    So I actually calculated the total with 80 shards from each pack factored in. I got seriously lucky today and both Ben and Luke showed up simultaneously in the guild store. Now need 170 shards in roughly 5 days.

Good luck and i think you will make it.