Working on this Arena Team, Will This Succeed?

so ive been playing swgoh for around a month or so. my main account is level 64 and ive spent around $100 though im generally f2p). My ally code is 536-566-429 if anyone would like to look at my full roster.

anyways, let me get to the point, my current arena squad is Phasma (L)(6*), Kylo(7*), Luminara(6*), Qui-Gon(6*), and Old Ben(5*). all at Gear 7. i currently can easily get under rank 500 for the deadline, but typically get bumped to 600 after. sometimes come close to getting under 200 but havent yet. my question is if this team is viable? or should i start farming another toon to replace one of these?

another few characters i know are popular that i have are FOTP, DN (though hes only 3*), FOST, UMKylo (just got him and FOSFTP), Baze, Jyn, Vader, B2, ,sidious, leia, ackbar, dooku, rex, STHan, opress.

currently working on unlocking Maul to complete my sith team. as well as aayla for my jedi team.

this topic is mainly about arena because id like to maintain a high rank in my shard to get a solid income of crystals before i really work on developing other squads, but though using toons that i can use in multiple squads would be beneficial (like old ben). so as of now i have a jedi team and a potential rebel team. i dont know if i wana use rex for lead in arena because i dont have any way of farming him as fast as phasma. ds teams will be sith and fo (with necessary scoundrels ofcourse). so any advice would help but mainly looking to see if i should save some time and start working towards an alternate instead of getting booted out of higher ranks when its too late to catch up. thanks guys.

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    First off if you want feedback on your roster set up a swgoh.gg account so we can see it. Don't make us go searching in game.

Secondly if your goal is top 500 any team with reasonable synergy can do the job for the moment. 3 Jedi and two first order do not really do this. You are phasma lead and most of her leadership ability is first order only.

I'd pick a team like rebels and go all in on that. If you are going for a rebels team you sort of need an empire team for r2d2 who you need for cls.

You can get your empire team with minimal effort if you go for Palpatine, tie fighter pilot, Vader tarkin an another. Palpatine you will get free for your rebels team tfp vader and tarkin you will use in ships.
  • Options
    You can easilly get top 50 with just about anything at this point as long as they're geared and you have good mods. Work on farming mods with speed secondaries, and get everyone a speed primary arrow.

There are some great videos out there that explain them. Mods are the difference between finishing at the top of arena or not.

About your squad, phasma isn't great. Set up a swgoh.gg account.
  • Options
    Jedi in the Arena are not very good.
  • Options
    Work on your baze, start farming chirrut from ship store
  • Options
    the rebels team i was thinking of was ackbar (L), jyn, old ben, baze, and STHan (until i unlock baze). but what if i work on gearing UMkylo and use him as a lead for a FO team? UMKylo (L), Kylo, Phasma, FOTP, and st or sf. it would suck to try and raise up an entirely new team. id like to use at least some of the toons i have already leveled like kylo or ben. and with the new movies coming out im sure fo will get better. what do u guys think? and ive heard qui gon is one of the best in the game, so how come jedi teams arent so hot as u said? and whats a swgoh.gg account? and how do i set one up
  • Options
    and baze and chirrut are going to take a long time to farm. im only level 64. i cant even begin to farm baze
  • Options
    This could be a very good early Rebels team for you -

Wedge (lead), Biggs, Stormtrooper Han, Lando, Leia.

Eventually replace Lando with R2 (who you've acquired with an Empire team).