Good Starting DS team without Kylo?

Hey guys, so i finally decided to create an alt with a phx team for arena (because i got sick of getting swooped up by phx squads with 5k less galactic power than me lol). but my DS is lacking considering all my cantina energy, shipments, arena shipments, and GW shipments are occupied with phx team shards, ive been unable to work on my ds team. and since this is an alt on my tablet, i dont have kylo so therefore i dont want to make an fo team (besides i use mainly fo on my other accounts). so im open to hearing any advice on a good strong ds team should i go for synergies like droids or empire? i have chopper already. but im also thinking of using all the good ds toons together for a mix up team like talia, dooku, boba, ig88 and rg or someone else? let me know what u guys think would be the best option. (DarthMehrune)

Replies

• Options
    Honestly, the best starting LS squad is phoenix and the best starting DS squad is nightsisters now. Talzin lead, ventress, daka, acolyte, zombie will get you higher in arena than Phoenix ever will
  • Options
    i would see that but im f2p, and im far away from farming zombie. until shes available in nodes. and from my experience in arena with my higher level accounts, nightsister teams without zombie get beat fairly easily.
  • Options
    Starter DS team I'd go with Empire because they have 2 legendary characters (EP and Thrawn) that you will get over time that are strong and you'll also get DV shards over time - so that's 3 good ones you get just by playing for free over time. DV is still great for Rancor solo, and he's got a great ship. Tarkin and Thrawn both have fantastic cap ships. The PX you have will land you EP / Thrawn. Tarkin is in arena shop and he's a strong character. Then I'd go for Stormtrooper in Cantina - he's actually really good taunt / tank character and will give you a piece to work with Veers and the Imperial troopers down the road for DS TB. Next I'd go with TFP... great in ships so he will be big for you like DV there. After Tarkin in Arena, I'd consider Magma as another ImTrooper option to farm to eventually partner with Veers in DS TB, but he'd be more luxury once you have the others.

Then longer-term / harder farms I'd 100% recommend, even now, starting on Deathtrooper and Shoretrooper farming - they are fantastic characters and their ship is arguably the best in the game even at just 4* it's strong.

So for starting DS, think Empire / Imperial Troopers for a base.

- They unlock R2, who then unlocks CLS
    - Empire and Troopers are required for DS TB and will form the foundation of your teams there
    - Empire are top-tier in ships (TFP, Reaper, Cap ship, DV) and that's a huge source for crystals and zeta currency
    - Thrawn + Mixed Troopers is actually arena viable
    - Empire and Dark Side (Sith especially) are critical in TW because they allow you to counter many LS teams in D slots

I love NS and have them built, but they don't unlock anything, don't have any ships, and they aren't required anywhere...I'd consider them to be a luxury DS build, not a starter.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I would also go empire.

Thrawn and Palpatine you will pick up without farming (Palpatine in January and Thrawn in February).

Vader will come from achievements.

Tie Fighter Pilot has an awesome ship.

Then you have royal guard to tank.

This will get you r2d2 as well as you need an empire team for that.

You can skate by dark side battles by relying heavily on borrowed characters.
  • Options
    that sounds very sound, thanks for the advice guys, i appreciate it.