Stop preloading TM in Mythic events!

The topic title speaks for itself. You had an argument (albeit a lazy one) when it was to delay the Resistance expose train on the BB-8 Mythic, what’s your excuse here? It’s not difficult, it’s just irritating.

Replies

• Options
    How about the fact that four empire go before han solo doesn't shoot first
  • AldaisKaroth
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hitch87 wrote: »
    How about the fact that four empire go before han solo doesn't shoot first

Yep. Probably a result of that TM preloading and initiative prioritization.
  • AldaisKaroth
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Corruptor wrote: »
    So it doesn’t matter about how fast your rebels are. You just need cls lead because otherwise you won’t beat it. Great job shafting your new/f2p/non-cls players, again.

I don’t have CLS and I beat it first try. But, I obviously think the preloaded TM is garbage.
    Post edited by AldaisKaroth on
  • Options
    I used Wiggs and Chaze to flank R2. Cleanse is king and Baze eats damage, while Wiggs combo dismantled Tarkin, then Vader, before mopping up. Lost everyone but Biggs, but a win is a win.
  • Options
    Haha, it's meant to be difficult and it's end game content you people. Honestly, i can't beat it, but it's still so much fun to keep trying and replay such a fun event :)

Ps.:- All these people wanted a replay of legendary events and no rewards would have sufficed. Now when they have that, they want those rewards too ;)
    Greed. :3
  • Fik
    41 posts Member
    Options
    Just wait for tier 3 thrawn mythic event against super phoenix team or for palpatine event against CLS+wiggs on steroids.. Those will be fun to beat :)
  • Options
    I soloed it the second time with CLS. It amuses me that people feel challenged by this and not just completely annoyed. They took some characters, preloaded turn meter, gave them 500 speed, and zero cooldowns. That's it. When are people going to recognize that all they EVER do is recycle existing junk and feed it to us as this great and wonderful thing. They put more time and resources designing the 30 packs that they push out with every "content" update than they do with 90% of actual game play. Not to mention it takes over a year to introduce new "content" that actually partially fits the definition. For a game making millions of dollars a month in revenue, we should expect more than what second freshman college intern can do, and probably does, for free.
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Kept losing until I put ackbar in the mix. His cleanse helped a lot and managed to beat it, using him.
  • Options
    I beat it, but I still don't like the idea of enemies with preloaded TM.
  • Options
    Mythic thrawn will be easy.

The first battle is the same as the original. The 2nd battle will allow us to use any 5 members and the final battle will probably be our empire vs Phoenix. It will be easy.

For the challenge of mythic, they should be hard. They choose to make it hard with preload tm and alter cooldowns. We all know the ai is not very good at battling so this is their way to shrink the handicap. Unless they give the event enemies g13/14 and 6*\7* mods, players will always be able to beat the ai with undergeared toons and that is not what they want. I'm fine with the gear check at the start of mythic batttles.
  • Options
    I agree that the preloaded TM worked much better for the BB-8 Mythic Event. For this one it just acts as a gear check, as mentioned. What I haven't heard is a good alternative to make it challenging and fun. Someone mentioned higher tenacity for the opponent and I don't think that would work here since Rebels depend more on DPS Ryan debuffs. I do like Vader's added Daze. Maybe keep the increased speed and swap the preloaded TM for three turns off Defense Up, Critical Hit Immunity, and Potency Up?
  • AldaisKaroth
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I agree that the preloaded TM worked much better for the BB-8 Mythic Event. For this one it just acts as a gear check, as mentioned. What I haven't heard is a good alternative to make it challenging and fun. Someone mentioned higher tenacity for the opponent and I don't think that would work here since Rebels depend more on DPS Ryan debuffs. I do like Vader's added Daze. Maybe keep the increased speed and swap the preloaded TM for three turns off Defense Up, Critical Hit Immunity, and Potency Up?

Any suggestion is better than the preloaded TM. Yours is a valid one. I’m not terribly fond of the daze on Vader, because it’s something the player-controlled Vader has no access to. The instant cooldowns are cheap, too.
    Post edited by AldaisKaroth on
  • Options
    Corruptor wrote: »
    So it doesn’t matter about how fast your rebels are. You just need cls lead because otherwise you won’t beat it. Great job shafting your new/f2p/non-cls players, again.
    Take a look around, folks are finishing it without Luke. Not me, of course, I don't have him and the key Rebels I need are either not yet 7* (Baze) or under-geared (Chirrut).

More importantly, though... Eh. It's two mods and one-off bonus of a million credits. Failing T3 really isn't that big a deal. Gives me something to work towards for next time, is all.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Any suggestion is better than the preloaded TM. Yours is a valid one. I’m not terribly fond of the daze on Vader, because it’s something the player-controlled Vader has no access to. The instant cooldowns are cheap, too.

I disagree that any suggestion is better. Many would be just as mediocre. Personally, I'd rather play an event where mechanics are changed through TM loading, buffs, debuffs, and tweaked skills than one where the opponent is made 'tougher' through extra levels, gear, or higher star mods. That doesn't mean I like the same mechanics for every event (TM loading was much more effective for BB-8 than R2).

My point, however, was that there were no suggestions which means this isn't a feedback thread. It's a complaint thread. And that helps no one. Don't like something? Let CG know how it would work made better.

The tweaked skills and reduced cooldowns are not new to Mythic Events either. They've been present in most other events, like Assault Battles, and on their own would likely go unnoticed by many since they rarely have an impactful effect on the battle.
  • Options

I disagree that any suggestion is better. Many would be just as mediocre. Personally, I'd rather play an event where mechanics are changed through TM loading, buffs, debuffs, and tweaked skills than one where the opponent is made 'tougher' through extra levels, gear, or higher star mods. That doesn't mean I like the same mechanics for every event (TM loading was much more effective for BB-8 than R2).

My point, however, was that there were no suggestions which means this isn't a feedback thread. It's a complaint thread. And that helps no one. Don't like something? Let CG know how it would work made better.

The tweaked skills and reduced cooldowns are not new to Mythic Events either. They've been present in most other events, like Assault Battles, and on their own would likely go unnoticed by many since they rarely have an impactful effect on the battle.

Wrong. It is feedback. And that feedback is that the TM preloading is irritating and constitutes an artificial difficulty increase. It’s not my job to propose a solution. I don’t get paid to develop games. But, I can tell devs when I think a mechanic sucks, so they can weigh opinions to decide if another approach needs to be taken. Is my opinion, on its own, worth anything? Nope. But, when it’s flanked by several similar opinions, it might carry some weight. A ton of feathers is still a ton.
  • Options
    Wedge g8, Chaze g10, r2 g12, leia g11 with good mods only on r2 and leia beat it, so no you don't need cls lol.
  • Options
    Chaze helps, need that cleanse and all those dots become hots
  • Options
    Morpheus wrote: »
    Chaze helps, need that cleanse and all those dots become hots

I never leave home without Chirrut.
  • Options

Wrong. It is feedback. And that feedback is that the TM preloading is irritating and constitutes an artificial difficulty increase. It’s not my job to propose a solution. I don’t get paid to develop games. But, I can tell devs when I think a mechanic sucks, so they can weigh opinions to decide if another approach needs to be taken. Is my opinion, on its own, worth anything? Nope. But, when it’s flanked by several similar opinions, it might carry some weight. A ton of feathers is still a ton.

You're right. I should have phrased it differently. It's not very useful feedback. If there were only one other way to make the event hard feedback of, "I don't like it" let's CG know to do it the other way. There are many ways they could make the events hard. If you have no idea on how CG might do so in a way that satisfies you then it's unlikely they'll try all of the possibilities until they stumble upon one that pleases you. Give a little guidance and it's much more likely they'll make a change that you agree with.