No spoilers but...

Guys, the last Jedi was amazing. It wasn’t a copy of the empire strikes back. That’s all I’ll say. Those of you who refuse to say it, you are missing out on one fantastic Star Wars movie

Replies

• Options
    It was kind of a mash up between The Empire strikes back and Retern of the Jedi. For the most part it was good, but there were a lot of plot holes that made little sense.
  • Options
    I liked it if only because it surprised me. It definitely was a mess of a film though and had a bunch of unnecessary and terrible stuff in it (cough canto b I g h t cough).

But seriously I enjoyed it a lot, and I think part of that enjoyment came from just knowing how enraged some Star Wars fans would be about it. Like Han's line in TFA... That's not how the force works! I could hear star wars fans saying that. Well guess what nerds, there's a lot we don't know about the force so get over it! Hahaha
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Yes instead it was a
    Mash-up between ANH, ESB and ROTJ - We had old master sacrificing himself to save the others, we had a snow like planet and ground assault, we had Rey in Snoke's throne room with his apprentice, looking at the fleet getting destroyed and then we had the apprentice betray the "emperor". Not to mention the ridiculous plot-twists which were done only for the sake of the viewer's surprise, not because they made any sense.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Yes instead it was a
    Mash-up between ANH, ESB and ROTJ - We had old master sacrificing himself to save the others, we had a snow like planet and ground assault, we had Rey in Snoke's throne room with his apprentice, looking at the fleet getting destroyed and then we had the apprentice betray the "emperor". Not to mention the ridiculous plot-twists which were done only for the sake of the viewer's surprise, not because they made any sense.
    Unlike TFA, i thought the “quoted” scenes in TLJ serviced its own story and wasn’t done out of laziness
  • Options
    terrible movie. super disappointed.
  • Options
    Your definition of amazing and mine must be vastly different
  • Options
    Far and away the worst star wars episode.
  • Options
    I find it hard to argue that
  • Options
    ayybcall wrote: »

1 or 2? No poop jokes in the last jedi
    Your definition of amazing and mine must be vastly different

I had an enjoyable time, and the ending was amazing
  • Options
    ayybcall wrote: »

Ha, no, sadly. AotC was the worst. That hardly qualifies as a movie. More like a daytime TV soap opera with space action scenes spliced in it.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Yes instead it was a
    Unlike TFA, i thought the “quoted” scenes in TLJ serviced its own story and wasn’t done out of laziness

I'm not saying it's all bad, certain elements can be used, but so far with the new trilogy they haven't done anything that makes sense and isn't copied from the OT.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Yes instead it was a

I'm not saying it's all bad, certain elements can be used, but so far with the new trilogy they haven't done anything that makes sense and isn't copied from the OT.

Whether anyone hates it or not you gotta admit that
    Luke’s death was amazing. The binary sunset was so meaningful to major star Wars fans like our selves. This was the first movie that I actually cried in my entire life. He became one with the force, nobody killed him he felt balanced with the force once again after his accident with kylo and the other students.
  • Options
    It is my favorite SW movie to be fair. What surprises me is how polarizing this movie has been. Everyone I've talked to either hated or loved it.
    Anyway, I like to read other people that loved the movie as well. Now let's all hope we get tons of TLJ characters in here. I'm hoping to build a FO team to crush in DS TB (and maybe Arena).
  • Admiral_Wh1skers
    1352 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    It is my favorite SW movie to be fair. What surprises me is how polarizing this movie has been. Everyone I've talked to either hated or loved it.
    Anyway, I like to read other people that loved the movie as well. Now let's all hope we get tons of TLJ characters in here. I'm hoping to build a FO team to crush in DS TB (and maybe Arena).

Omg same. I’m also building a first order team phasma kylo and FOTP are gear 10 and above. My friends all loved the movie