Zeta drops from ship challenges

What are other peoples drop rates for zetas on the ship challenges? Some people in my guild say they average 1 every 2 attempts. I've been doing it for a couple months and I get about 1 every 8 attempts. Currently sitting at 8 attempts and 0. Am I having 2 months of really, really bad rng?

Replies

• Options
    The way I figure it, it's about 4 per week with some variance, but more often 5 than 3.

The intended way to get zetas is by spending 2000 fleet tokens. That's why they don't cycle in or out of the fleet store and are available every day. The challenge is just a way of speeding acquisition up in the long haul, which is contrary to other challenges--but considering zetas don't improve your ships and it's the Ship Ability Material Challenge, it makes sense.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I got 2 today. First one I’ve gotten from ship challenges in 2 weeks. No joke
  • Options
    I’ve gone about 20 attempts with nothing. I average about one out of 8-10.
  • Options
    Good to know. Just frustrating because I need to 7* ships, which means no zetas or no 7* arena ships.
  • Options
    Eh. You can do both.

I used to keep a minimum balance of 800 because I was farming a specific ship and wanted to have enough for if it came up back-to-back. Any time I hit 4000 I would buy a zeta. Once I finished that ship I started farming ships en masse and spending every token I gained on any ship that I didn't already have at 7*. Once I hit 15 zetas from the challenge, I would suspend ship-buying to get the last 5 needed. That worked out to a rate of about 1 zeta ability every month, but now I'm nearly out of ships and pilots to max out, so I'll just be buying like crazy.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes, rng will drive some long dry spells.

Moved to correct sub forum.