Why do they love the LS so much?

There are two sides to the force. Any attention given to the dark side is just a split second and is used as a stepping stone for something even more outrageous for them to give LS as far as meta. This is not objective game design.

Replies

• Options
    Because CG is full of Social Justice Warriors, and being in the Dark Side is BAD
  • Options
    I agree. I play LS but the lack of great DS toons is just weird and should definitely be fixed. Otherwise, give Vader and Palpatine a rework to make them really good.
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
  • Options
    My best guess is that the devs think that LS makes them more money as younger players wants to play as the "heroes" of the saga.
  • Options
    Vader and Palp need a rework for sure. I'm a huge fan of Darth Nihilus and Thrawn, though. Two prime high-end toons that can fit really well in any team composition. That being said, they aren't meta, and their compatibility may be more of a reason why they're bad than why they're good.

My take on it, for what it's worth:
    1) All the super LS toons don't have the opposite-sides compatibility. They just fit super well in a variety of LS teams, like GK, CLS, Zarris, Zolo, z2-z2, etc. Notice, the zeta nicknames. THEY are the backbone of the 'compatibility,' meaning that other toons adapt and form to them at the team. DN, Thrawn, they kind of just... fit, and don't hold the team back where a different toon could be used instead.

2) The only "meta"ish DS team would be night-sisters, but they aren't quite there. Probably just need more time for people to max out zombie from the Alter Event. Reason that is, as it seems to me, is because of their unique synergy that is unlike any other team composition in the game. There isn't a HARD counter to it, and they can quickly degrade a meta team if they live long enough. If there were more -unique- effects like the NS's have, it would add more of a variety to the DS roster options. That's something the LS lacks, in a way - it's "this meta," or "that meta," which all revolve around the same game mechanics, but with different compositions. LS roster has the same kinds of guys you can filter in or out for the same strategies and mod builds. NS's are completely different than any other DS stuff.

3) With DN's Anihilate, and Thrawn's Fracture, they bring unique features to any team they find themselves in. If the DS roster can create more variety of this nature (similar to Raid Han's Shoot First, or NS Zombie's infinite revival when allies are present), they might even be able to form teams that great LS toons can fit into. If the DS roster follows the same path as the LS, they'll just have a bunch of the same types of characters that won't make much of a difference, other than more guys to throw into the DS TB platoons. It needs (*should be, imo) to be balanced to match the top-tier, while allowing compatibility for mixed teams of both sides of the Force.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    MajorP wrote: »
    My best guess is that the devs think that LS makes them more money as younger players wants to play as the "heroes" of the saga.

Especially the ones young enough to use their parent's credit card
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    Because CG is full of Social Justice Warriors, and being in the Dark Side is BAD

lmao, what?
    MajorP wrote: »

How can they make money from YOUNGER PLAYERS if they can't make in-game purchases?