How are you doing in P6 of Dark Side TB?

No one in my guild has beaten all four battles in the combat missions yet. Not even the whales with gear 12 teams and super mods.

WAI?

Replies

• Options
    dark side tb is insane
  • Will010688
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    T6 and T7 are impossible lucky if i can make it through round 2 on T7 but T6 i can do 3/4 and come close to beating it but not just yet.
  • Options
    Its a wall, ive got 2 gr12 and rest gr 11, 3 zeta toons and i get trashed pretty easily with all max mods too.
  • Options
    Moved to DS TB
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    It's an incredible pain. I mean, being challenging is one thing, but when I can have several G11 characters blasting away at a single taunting soldier for multiple turns and somehow never kill him in wave 3, something feels wrong. They gave these rebels so much healing, protection recovery, and cleansing that I have doubts that even maxing out characters will make the fights that much more winnable.
  • Options
    Considering that such god rebels have insane health and protection recovery, cleanse, alternate taunt, multiple combo bonus attacks... and they use the air attack SEVERAL TIMES IN A SINGLE WAVE (during LS TB we can use it only once, choosing the perfect moment....),
    then my conclusion is that is simply impossible to complete these fights if Devs don't make them "human level" instead of "gods level".
    Today in 3 fights I did:
    - 2/4 (Z Vader G12, Z Thrawn g11, Palpatine g11, pilot g11, shoretrooper g10)
    - 1/4!! Z Phasma g11, Z Kylo g12, pilot g11, Officer and Stormtrooper g9... ok but...1/4!!! In the second wave the rebels made FOUR air attacks in a row! Only Kylo remained alive vs 3 elite, which continued to recover health and protection, Kylo recovered protection.... after 10 minutes of steady state I was bored and abandoned...
    - 1/4 with mixed but fine team Z Sidious g12, Nihilus g10, Boba g10, Savage g10, Ig88 g11... again: they were not the strongest team in the world, but...1/4!!??
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I did 4/4 on two of the runs. Got 3/4 on the other one.
  • Options
    Zevox wrote: »
    It's an incredible pain. I mean, being challenging is one thing, but when I can have several G11 characters blasting away at a single taunting soldier for multiple turns and somehow never kill him in wave 3, something feels wrong. They gave these rebels so much healing, protection recovery, and cleansing that I have doubts that even maxing out characters will make the fights that much more winnable.

It doesn't help that platoons have characters that aren't even farmable.

I can't say enough that there should be no mode that requires characters that aren't farmable. It really makes me not care enough about the mode to try to do well because it's impossible.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    No one in my guild has beaten all four battles in the combat missions yet. Not even the whales with gear 12 teams and super mods.

WAI?

My dark side roster is relatively weak. Nevertheless I completed all 4 waves with only medium difficulty in one mission using:

Thrawn lead, TFP, Vader, RG and shoretrooper. Luckily I didn't have to put them in platoons. As you can see, the gear and mods is nothing fancy:

https://swgoh.gg/u/waqui/

But yes, I was nowhere near doing the same with my sith and I expect no more than 2 waves with my FO in the last CM. DS TB is a challenge which I welcome. It gives a great motivation for developing my DS roster.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

I can't say enough that there should be no mode that requires characters that aren't farmable. It really makes me not care enough about the mode to try to do well because it's impossible.

I'm fine with big spenders having an advantage. It's all good.

• Options

WAI?

I completed 2 of 3 last time. This time I completed 1 with my 3rd DS team that has 1 G12 character (Thrawn) and only 4 secondary speed mods over 5 on the whole team (Maul/Palpatine/Nihilus/Thrawn/Kylo). I had to donate Talzin as well as Shore and DT to platoons which ruined my G12 NS and Empire teams. I have no doubts they would have breezed through their battles if given the chance, given they did so last time and have had no issues up to this point.
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Actually it would give the whole guild an advantage in TB. The point is having to buy packs or chromiums in order to fill platoons is just sleazy. It makes TB a P2W event.

And when it comes to Luke and Chimaera, both of which are required for special missions, you can't even throw money at them since they're not farmable period unless their events are active a few times a year.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

It would give the whole guild an advantage actually in TB. The point is having to spend a fortune in packs or chromiums just to fill platoons is just sleazy. It makes TB a P2W event.

As far as CLS and Chimaera go, both of which are needed for special missions, you can't even throw money at them since they're not farmable period unless their events are active a few times a year.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Gear 12 teams here, fully Zeta’d and very good mods, in fact two of my characters in a team were max gear, and they got smashed, totally unbalanced game.
  • Options
    4/4 on all days - used elements of the same teams noted below ... also added full NS team on days 5/6 and they got 4/4 both times as well. Having a viable non-Empire / Sith heavy team frees up a lot of space for platooning characters - I gave up Thrawn and a zeta DK on day 6 for platoons. Working on FO now. If you have G11 / 12 teams with zetas and strong mods I'd recommend studying the enemies very close - it's difficult to just outmuscle these Rebels.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/145986/dark-side-tb-findings-guidance-ab-strafe-impact/p1