Newbie looking for advice

I just statred playing less then a week ago and am looking for advice on what to power up and what Character's to focus on. I've done a lot of reading and watching some YouTube videos. So is Phoenix and getting a few good scoundrels the right path? What characters should I focus on from squad arena and galactic war stores? I've been thinking about buying the faction mega pack. Is that a good investment? Thanks for the help.

Replies

• Options
    Pheonix, specifically ezra and sabine, are amazing and are needed to get Grand Admiral thrawn, who is the best dark side character. Also get boba fett, 80 shards is alot however you unlock him at 4 stars and he is amazing. Also get leia, old ben, farmboy luke, and stormtrooper han because they are needed to get luke skywalker, best hero in th e game. Also a good healer is luminara unduli who you can flget from galactic war. Furthermore, Qui Gon jin is an amazing jedi leader and is useful in the yoda event. Once you get closer to level 60, start farming characters that have good ships.
  • Options
    Farm Rebels, Kid. They will always be overpowered and favored by CG, you will always get a LOT of unfair Advantage over other factions, and the game will be super easy for you, you will always win, don't focus Dark Side, as they are bad and CG is good, they are not welcome in this game, they are so awful and so weak if you put them vs a Light Side squad, have fun with your Rebel Heroes kid, this is SW: GALAXY OF REBELS.
  • Options
    At the beginning of the game, you should focus on completing Galactic War and climbing in Arena. A tertiary focus is leveling a broad-range of toons.

A VERY GOOD team and easy farm to work on is Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Storm trooper Han, +1 (leia, royal guard, many others). This team will carry you through many GW and Arena rankings.

After that, I DO recommend scoundrels. Completing the Credits Heist top tier challenge is important, as credits are typically the limiting factor for leveling toons in early-game.

Once you can complete highest level of credit Heist, focus on Raid teams. Consistently achieving top-5 in raid scores will be important, considering your guild allows it.

Besides that, I think the most important thing is to have fun. Take it from a veteran that's been around since the beginning. Factions will rise and fall, characters will be obsolete and updated and suddenly relevant, and you can never EVER be 100% on-top and ahead-of-the-curve. So just level characters that are fun for you to play and get you to log-in and play, and you'll do just fine.
  • Options
    I say to everyone who's jsut started - I wish I'd have seen this in my first week -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRZ016XV4k