Useless gear rewards

Dear EA... what’s the point of having 3500 of a single piece of useless gear? Please update reward drops or bring back the gear exchange or gear sale options...

Replies

• Options
    +1
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Need a gear exchange store. No ones asking for free handouts.... but CG 's given us LOADS of useless gear, I do feel we should be able to convert that and USE IT, 50:1 maybe? Something. Anything.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Please, Please, PLEASE, Remove Useless Gear From RAIDS
  • Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    Please, Please, PLEASE, Remove Useless Gear From RAIDS

Yes... I got 14 Mk 9 Fabritech Data Pad Salvage from HAAT and I had already 1606 of this gears!!!
  • Options
    +999,999,999 to this post. Aka the same amount of excess useless gear I have. Add another +10,000 to this post for the excess useless mk 1 and 2 ability materials I have.
  • Options
    And still no comment from devs... what gives
  • Options
    Their revenue calculations show that removing worthless gear from raids, and allowing conversion of unneeded gear, will reduce the amount people spend on crystals, so they won't do it. Simple as that.

If you ever wonder why the devs make a decision, always think about how that decision would affect their revenues. If the effect is negative, it won't happen.
  • Options
    It has to do with frustrating the player into buying the needed item instead of relying on raids and RNG. It’s psychological marketing manipulation.
  • KnightRK
    47 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Why not let we crafting gears?!

Example: Maybe you use 10-20 of your Mk4 stun gun to craft 1 Mk5 stun gun?!

This will help the player a lot
  • Options
    Helping players or making the game better is not even on their radar. Its a pure cash grab, they actually prefer that their game be borderline unplayable. I understand that, but the useless gear from end-game content is very insulting, and actually decreases my likelihood to spend money, just out of spite.
  • SirSith
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Turned on my computer to rant about this! Man I have 3500 of a few items and can't get a green piece of gear to drop with full energy! lol man this is crazy. Then we beat the Heroic Pit and I guess what... now I have 3505 of that dang item. I'm in tears Devs, you gotta fix this.

Also, farming green mats should not be as hard as farming purple mats, greens should be EASY with a high drop rate. Yet I can't even farm 5 pieces of green gear with 200 energy, but have 3505 purple gear items that is not even needed. I have have thousands of some GOLD gear, but can't get 5 of a basic green gear items. lol

The gear/mat challenges just spit out more of those same items we already have 3505 of and maybe 1 item we actually need.

LOVE the game, but please fix this. I have zero incentive on spending crystals on energy to farm for gear when I know I'll only get 0-5 gear items. I think, why buy crystals to waste on energy that will return more purple items I don't need and none of the green items I need.

Please let me trade 1000 of that 3505 away to my new guild mate versus having him/her request it over and over and over. Maybe even sell them!

It's seems actually insulting to make pretty much every toon require the same set of gear that's has a low drop rate and we always get crap gear that no one needs and we have thousands of them. I guess I rather have a cool animation that pop up and says something like "hahaha Screw you, you big Dummy. You win nothing, try again" versus getting another item I can't use and to make that item GOLD/PURPLE is even worse.
    Post edited by SirSith on
  • Options
    Even at an exchange rate of 100 Mk 8 Electrobinocular Salvage = 1 Mk 5 Droid Caller Salvage, I would do it.
  • Options
    Apologies for bringing back this old post but.... this is a huge annoyance with the game. Having 3,000+ of certain gear is so dumb. I searched but didn’t see any responses from devs. Let us trade/sell/combine/upgrade all this extra junk.
  • Options
    And isn’t it about time for the TAC Challenge to have Mk5 stun guns instead of Mk4? I mean that way there is at least one gear item we need in the mix. As it stands TAC is a waste of time for anyone who has been in the game for a bit.
  • Options
    lol was just about to make this post topic. for you what sake; revamp useless gear.

Since I want to help with a solution; make a system where you could make a gear exchange, a place where you take 100 of a lower gear to turn it in and get a higher gear lvl; you get the point

I have 1000s of certain lower lvl gear; its kinda ridiculous tbh