Old Daka Drop Rate

Generally sanguine about the relative and variable drop rates for shards (it is nominally free to play after all) but the Old Daka dark side node has gone 0 shards for 25 attempts this week; anyone else come across this recently?

Replies

• Options
    Why would you farm her from hard node? She's in cantina battles store.
  • Options
    You could always just get her in the cantina store
  • AldaisKaroth
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mr_R wrote: »
    Why would you farm her from hard node? She's in cantina battles store.

QFT. It’s the best way to get her. Hard nodes should really only act as supplemental shards for her. It’s not like Shoretrooper, Baze, or Krennic, where you can only get them from a single node... laboriously... day after day....*looks at the devs*
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I focus on Old Daka every day just like I did for Darth Nihilus, Sabine, and Hoth Rebel Soldier. If they have a Hard Node, farm it. Regardless if they're available in stores. Stores have their own exclusive currency and should only be spent on characters exclusively available in those sections, my opinion. Currently working on maxing Cassian's U-Wing in Cantina Shipments - next on the list is Bistan, then Pao. Then it's down to Jedi Guardian. THEN I'll max Daka if she's not finished hahaha.

*Same philosophies in regards to Arena, GW, Fleet, and Guild shipments. Exclusives first - Hard Nodes every day. (I never got Sabine from guild shipments, 7* purely from hard node. DN, different because I used saved up crystals to get his 4 or 8 shards at a time from regular shipments.)

EDIT: Also, yes, I've have those infuriating days consecutively throughout a week without a SINGLE shard drop. Almost threw my phone a few times.

*Moved to Feedback: Characters. Unless you feel this is more appropriate for Character Strategy. Tag me if you want it moved there instead.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Fauztin wrote: »
    I focus on Old Daka every day just like I did for Darth Nihilus, Sabine, and Hoth Rebel Soldier. If they have a Hard Node, farm it. Regardless if they're available in stores. Stores have their own exclusive currency and should only be spent on characters exclusively available in those sections, my opinion. Currently working on maxing Cassian's U-Wing in Cantina Shipments - next on the list is Bistan, then Pao. Then it's down to Jedi Guardian. THEN I'll max Daka if she's not finished hahaha.

*Same philosophies in regards to Arena, GW, Fleet, and Guild shipments. Exclusives first - Hard Nodes every day. (I never got Sabine from guild shipments, 7* purely from hard node. DN, different because I used saved up crystals to get his 4 or 8 shards at a time from regular shipments.)

You could just as well say you should only farm characters from hard nodes that are exclusively in hard nodes. And probably should say that, since it takes so long to farm characters from hard nodes. You can max out the entire cantina store and still be working on exclusive hard node characters. There's a hierarchy to these things, and I believe you have it backwards.