Is the chimera event monrhly

I know it's legndary but didn't they say the event would come back sooner, because it's the only ship legendary event.

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    murphsith wrote: »
    I know it's legndary but didn't they say the event would come back sooner, because it's the only ship legendary event.

Someone said they run it every second time they run thrawn character event. That would probably be February.
  • Options
    Ty
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I assume it's comming back before the home 1 event returns. because money.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Thrawn’s last appearance was November, so I actually think Chimaera will return with him in January.
  • Options
    @leef
    But...the Home One event is happening today.
    I figured it would be soon because we've had all the other 7 star ship challenges twice in the past couple weeks.
  • Options
    I’m hoping for late January or early February. It is a legendary ship so it doesn’t happen as frequently as home 1, executrix etc
  • Options
    Akbar,Mace,tarkin Events are monthly. I think we got them twice this month.

Chim is legendary and doesn’t follow the above structure.

When thrawn returned in November Kozi said the chim event won’t return “this time”

^^ a very long winded way of saying best guess: January :)
  • Options
    After I get Home One and Biggs or Bistan's ship to 7* hopefully
  • Options
    I’m ready this time and I hope it will happen in January.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @leef
    I figured it would be soon because we've had all the other 7 star ship challenges twice in the past couple weeks.

yea, if you did everyone of them once (including this one) you should be at 90/100 shards, meaning you don't have to spend crystals in order to get 7* chimeara if the home 1 event goes live prior to the chimeara event.
  • Options
    They never said it would come back sooner than any other Legendary event, and they never said it would run every other Thrawn event. What they said is that it's a Legendary event and would come back along the standard timeframe of a Legendary event. And they also said the last time Thrawn appeared that Chimaera would not come with it, because that's a new Legendary event and would come back on the Legendary schedule, and Thrawn was coming back on its Legendary schedule. They said nothing about whether Chimaera would return at the next Thrawn event or how often it would be appearing when it does return. They said nothing about it coming back along with the 7* capital ship challenges other than that it wouldn't come back with them.
  • Options
    At the rate it has appeared so far, it will take two years to finish it.
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    At the rate it has appeared so far, it will take two years to finish it.

Not even remotely true, good sir (or madam).

When it was first announced, I wasn't close to ready.
    (As most longish time players would have) I had Wedge and Biggs sitting at 7* already.
    My Bistan was 5*.
    Ghost and Phantom at 4*.
    And Home 1 at 6*
    (Cassian locked)

I started farming for the return immediately.
    As of today
    Bistan is 44/85 (and I'm not super stressed about getting him there, I just started grabbing shards for him in the last week).
    Ghost is 58/100.
    Phantom II is 88/100
    Cassian is 7*.
    And Home 1 is 105/100 (just waiting for credits - I also opted to refresh the event this time to ensure I was ready if the Chimaera returns prior to the Home 1 event next month. I finish mostly top 100 arena and top 500 fleet, so the 800 gems amounted to about 5 days of gem hoarding spent).

I fully expect to get at least a 6* Chimaera next time it pops up (which given the fairly standard cadence of 4 months between legendary events, should be late Jan to Feb) and my pilots are decently geared, so I am hopefully optimistic of getting it 7*.

It is, as always, a choice of where you prioritize your farms - but there is certainly no 2 year or pay wall restriction like one sees with Wicket/Mother Talzin.

• Options
    leef wrote: »
    @leef

yea, if you did everyone of them once (including this one) you should be at 90/100 shards, meaning you don't have to spend crystals in order to get 7* chimeara if the home 1 event goes live prior to the chimeara event.

I went and refreshed this one anyways... for "reasons" I guess its that "sense of self accomplishment" and not wanting to get screwed.
  • Options
    Get
    murphsith wrote: »

No every 4-6 months. Better drop the 800 crystals today to refresh that Ackbar node to 7 star Home One so you'll be ready when the Chimaera event comes back like next week with no freebie Ackbar event to save you.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    @leef

I went and refreshed this one anyways... for "reasons" I guess its that "sense of self accomplishment" and not wanting to get screwed.

i'm sure it was the "sence of self accomplishment" that made you and me buy that refresh, it couldn't possibly be the "not wanting to get screwed" ;)
  • Options
    I did the same for the same reasons lol
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat wondering if I should refresh in case it drops before home 1 event that will factor weather I get. A 6⭐️ Or 7 ⭐️
  • Options
    RaverRic wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat wondering if I should refresh in case it drops before home 1 event that will factor weather I get. A 6⭐️ Or 7 ⭐️

Just do it. You're screwed if you spend or don't spend 800 either way really.

800 pixel stones is a small amount to pay for insurance. And 7* achievement gives you one zeta mat today, and some purple crystals I think.
  • Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    @leef

i'm sure it was the "sence of self accomplishment" that made you and me buy that refresh, it couldn't possibly be the "not wanting to get screwed" ;)

To quote the Great Bunny.... Buggs... NAAAAH COULDNT BE!!!

heheh
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Akbar,Mace,tarkin Events are monthly. I think we got them twice this month.

Chim is legendary and doesn’t follow the above structure.

When thrawn returned in November Kozi said the chim event won’t return “this time”

^^ a very long winded way of saying best guess: January :)

Seems logical.
  • Options
    Speaking of which, January's calendar has been posted and no Chimera event is listed..

@CG_Kozispoon - what's up with the return of the Chimera event?

Dingo
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Speaking of which, January's calendar has been posted and no Chimera event is listed..

@CG_Kozispoon - what's up with the return of the Chimera event?

Dingo

The second iteration of an event never appears on the calendar.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I assume it's comming back before the home 1 event returns. because money.

called it.